TOP GEAR UK Season 19 Episode 2 "Mystique"

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are all about the laughs I wish Jeremy and James would have given there honest opinion of the car instead of just adding to the narrative they hate America. I was disapointed in the episode.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are all about the laughs I wish Jeremy and James would have given there honest opinion of the car instead of just adding to the narrative they hate America. I was disapointed in the episode.
Well, it is what it is.

But, Hammond seemed to love the Viper, which is what matters!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there's my girl......aaannd check the threads cuz i called it that Andretti & Leno would like it and Clarkson wouldnt....i'll take "subtle" any day over juvenile, so i'm good;)

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, episode part 2 really makes all stock supercars look like slugs compared to ANY thing that has a built engine......

Makes you think you just need to buy an old car and build it...

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The planes vs the cars on the track was beyond pointless. Still it's just entertainment, wasn't a serious review at all.

Having the Viper being compared to the Vanquish and LF-A is a point in the Gen V's favour though, because it will lend credence to people who are thinking about cross shopping it. James and Jeremy's put downs on the Viper weren't anything crippling except for the panel gap issue (whether it is pre production or not).

I notice there were ZERO complaints about the interior of the Viper, which is being compared directly against an Aston and Lexus. Very promising there...

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, they say the company that we keep yada yada. Not a bad trio to be lumped in, aside from the USA prodding, although that's more of them teasing Hammond than the viper I think. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't more cool than that, I was looking forward to it, but the viper looked great in & out, and Hammond made the point it's faster at a fraction of the cost of the others, even if with him driving it it wasn't.

The drag strip thing was goofy, but I think in their own back handed way, it was their way of giving props to american car tweeking, at least in a straight line.

Hopefully when the production car is out, they'll revisit it for a full review and trip around their circuit with the Stig, etc.

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish they would have actually reviewed the Viper. It's been gone for 3 years and completely redesigned, and they treated it like nothing's change and it was never out of production.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silly show but had a few laughs. Pretty predictable too except for the idiotic planes at Willow Springs. every time Top Gear reviews a Viper vs any car especially a British car they always make the Viper lag behind in acceleration. Every time they accelerated side by side by side the Viper always ends up last. They did the same things with the Gen I too. The way they shot it though will give the casual fan the impression that the Viper isn't much faster, at least in a straight line, than the other two cars there which is false especially for the Aston. The Viper looks good in that color.

Entertaining show but nothing of value stats wise. I was hoping for the Viper to be review at their Top Gear track by the Stig so we could have had a nice idea of where it sits relative to the leaderboard. Oh well this was all fluff and no substance imo.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appears they've given up any pretense of reviewing cars and it's just straight old shtick now.

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really very disappointed. Not in the entertainment value, but the lack of true reviews of the car. I really hope they bring it back to the UK and give it a proper review. That's what 99% of the automotive world wanted to see from them with the new SRT Viper. Dare I say we will actually have to wait and see if Tanner and the USA crew actually give it a review? That's a scary thought.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am really very disappointed. Not in the entertainment value, but the lack of true reviews of the car. I really hope they bring it back to the UK and give it a proper review. That's what 99% of the automotive world wanted to see from them with the new SRT Viper. Dare I say we will actually have to wait and see if Tanner and the USA crew actually give it a review? That's a scary thought.

Did you have to bring up the USA version of the show? I'm still trying to forget the pathetic episodes of that I've seen. LoL

I think if they reviewed a mule, it'd have been very very ugly. Just s well wait for the real thing.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. :) I thought they made some good points about these cars...

A. They aren't purchased (or truly competitive) for 'drag strip' but to be seen on the boulevard or for driver pleasure;

B. Subjective preferences really dictate which car an individual prefers (Fat Cat likes the LFA, the English Gentleman likes the Aston and the Youngster likes the Viper...seems reasonable since this is probably the demographic one would expect);

C. Track photo shoots are much more interesting with jet planes flying around overhead and giving a POV perspective.

Overall, I would say the drivers were having fun and that is what these cars and this show is all about...

PS-There is no such thing as bad publicity. PPS-People who prefer big block cars like the Viper and can handle having it without the Easyboy chairs will love it...

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those two twits don't like anything American. And they drive like pansies.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would, could & did take the new GTS over the other two cars. While the LFA is butt, it sounds amazing truly; and the aston has the opposite problem...truly beautiful but also tanks in value and very high maintenance/poor reliability factor. Still, the snake is the way to go...and its the best value incidentally.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was hoping for a thorough review and a Stig lap.

At least I go to see the new viper again which in my opinion was the better looking car on the group and has now not only the performance but an interior and gadgets that rival those of the ones in the much more expensive competition.

Looks like they didn't find anything real to complain about. At the end it would seem they all liked it as Jeremy and James sarcastically said the viper was horrible when compared to the Aston and the LFA. It's no secret Richard has a thing for american cars and you could clearly see he was loving the viper. I bet Jeremy actually drove the viper of camera to see how he liked it. I wonder how he will compare it to a Ford GT an american car he does really love. I bet he likes it... he has always like the spirit of the viper when review previous gens but complained about their refinement and the gen V made a quantum leap jump in that front.