REMINDER

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all the talk about high buck Gen Vs, I want to remind everyone that there is the SRT which can be ordered bare bones with the track pack and aero kit for about old Viper proces taking into account inflation. And if you hold the magic button down for 15 seconds at under 25 MPH, all the driver aids go away except the limited slip diff and the ABS. Add to that any of the performance oriented MoPar stuff alkready shown:

PERFORMANCE CROSS CAR X-BRACE
With single-piece carbon fiber construction, this hand-made brace has more than 30 layers of carbon fiber optimally aligned to manage driving loads. Brace features topology optimized structurally efficient design, aerospace-grade stainless steel attachment bushings, and significant weight savings over production aluminum engine brace. Polished, exposed carbon fiber weave complements hood inner finish. Front, carbon-fiber cross-car brace.
MSRP: $3,175, part number 82213416

PERFORMANCE CAT-BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM
This growl means business. The deeper tone you get from adding this stainless steel exhaust system communicates impressive horsepower and torque gains – and the added perk of improved fuel economy. The system includes two mufflers, mandrel-bent tubing, right and left turn-out assemblies, and four 2.5-inch clamps.
MSRP: $668, part number P4510608

Six-point Safety Harness
Keeping up with 640 horses requires a little extra equipment. This race-ready belt system anticipates the Viper's g forces from every angle and keeps the driver in optimal position to take the beast through its paces.
MSRP: TBD, part number 82213431.

Stage 3 Coilover Suspension Kit
With lightweight aluminum construction, this suspension system is three-way adjustable for compression rebound and ride height. It bridges the gap between street systems and full race systems.
MSRP: $5,995, part number 82213435

RACING EXHAUST SYSTEM
A low back pressure exhaust system specifically tuned for Mopar race headers (P5155828). Features a pressure drop equal to that of a straight pipe. The four-tube perforated design reduces exhaust noise with minimal size and weight. MSRP: $1,005 , part number P5155831

PERFORMANCE HEADERS WITH J-PIPE
These race headers are constructed of heavy-duty stainless steel and are equipped with a five-tube flange that allows easy installation without removal of the engine. With a primary tube diameter of 1.75 inches, its 5-into-1 collector allows for maximum torque and horsepower gain. The "J" pipe connects race headers to the race exhaust. It may be used when customizing the exhaust system or by itself depending on vehicle tuning requirements.
MSRP: $3,495, part number P5155828

and you have an interesting package still within previous prices.

Who know, maybe Michelin may even produce tires in the right sizes.

My point is that the 1500 a year or so buyers of the Vipers of the past do have a product and are needed by SRT to get the production figures desired ~ 2500 plus a year. It will be interesting to get some track times against an ARC. Further, Ralph is a guy that likes producing short run specials and the new supply chain is populated with suppliers that are used to making a profit with high quality, short run items. I look forward to great things coming. :headbang:

OP
OP
I

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So do you own a Viper or just work in the marketing department at SRT monitoring the boards?

Neither, however I intend to solve the ownership issue if the economy ever gets better.

My concern is that the Gen V hold onto the current customer base AND add new customers.:2tu:

JonSav

Viper Owner
Reaction score
checked the price on those headers up here in canada.. 5000$.. are they serious?:rolaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave