"When Opportunity Knocks"...

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To the MT author's main point, I think the BRZ and FRS are fantastic-looking cars... really an overall home-run for an affordable, fun car. Their pricepoints and well-executed design will make them a big, big hit for Subaru/Scion. The design is ACCESSIBLE: the point is to make the product appealing to the greatest number of potential buyers, not to satisfy Mr. Turn-up-the-nose Auto Design Critic.

And anyone that looks at the Gen V Viper vs. the Gen 7 'Vette, side-by-side, cannot possibly come to the conclusion that the Viper is not the more beautiful car. And if it looks old, it is in the best possible way: classic Gen II.

Not hating on the 'Vette; I will certainly agree that it looks... newer.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you can tell that the new Gen 5 has an older "shape" to it, but this is not a bad thing if the shape is correct, beautiful and will still look good 50 years later. When I look at "old" photos of Grace Kelly or Raquel Welch in their prime, I'm ok with that look and it would be stunning even today. I'm sure very few people would have a problem with a Ferrari Daytona or Jaguar XK-E....hard to call those designs dated. Beautiful, cutting edge, classic, etc, but dated, no.

The new Gen 5 will look more impressive in person than the new Vette. Pictures, especially professionally taken or computer generated versions make a car look totally different than what it looks like waiting in the drive through at Starbucks. There is a video (I think on this forum) of 3 new Vettes driving into a shopping center. I was suprised how "mild" they looked compared to the car show photos, etc. Professional lighting makes a huge difference on how something looks. If you lower the new Gen 5 just a tad and put on tasteful aftermarket rims, it would be world class in the looks department. I can't wait so see some modified no stripe cars on the road, I think they will be epic.

Cheers,
George

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like for everyone to try this experiment:
Look at the below picture
A. With your hand covering the front of the vehicle and only looking from the front wheel back what do you see?
B. With your hand covering the side/rear and only looking at the front/face what do you see?

You must be registered for see images

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A. A nissan GTR

B. A very aerodynamic front end with a plain looking grille

that being said, i would like to see the C7 in person as i was blown away seeing Stryker in person at the unveiling but was somewhat disappointed with the pictures that i later saw on the internet.

Last edited:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me, the Subaru and Scion are **** looking cars. I think - for what they are - they are knockouts.

The C7 just doesn't do anything for me. I mean, it isn't terrible looking - I commend Chevy for doing something dramatic, but - the car is just too busy to me.

OP
OP
K

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you can tell that the new Gen 5 has an older "shape" to it, but this is not a bad thing if the shape is correct, beautiful and will still look good 50 years later. When I look at "old" photos of Grace Kelly or Raquel Welch in their prime, I'm ok with that look and it would be stunning even today. I'm sure very few people would have a problem with a Ferrari Daytona or Jaguar XK-E....hard to call those designs dated. Beautiful, cutting edge, classic, etc, but dated, no.

The new Gen 5 will look more impressive in person than the new Vette. Pictures, especially professionally taken or computer generated versions make a car look totally different than what it looks like waiting in the drive through at Starbucks. There is a video (I think on this forum) of 3 new Vettes driving into a shopping center. I was suprised how "mild" they looked compared to the car show photos, etc. Professional lighting makes a huge difference on how something looks. If you lower the new Gen 5 just a tad and put on tasteful aftermarket rims, it would be world class in the looks department. I can't wait so see some modified no stripe cars on the road, I think they will be epic.

Cheers,
George

I really want to see the Gen V in person. So far I have not been able to take a trip across the country to do it......

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A. A nissan GTR

B. A very aerodynamic front end with a plain looking grille

Again, that is not a real car so it really is hard to compare it to cars on the road....to me that looks computer generated or "adjusted" via photoshop. They use every trick in the book to highlight the angles, curves, etc. Do I personally think the car looks good in that photo, yes. Do I think it will look half as good stuck in traffic, no.

Hell, if you were to take a picture of me and air brush it, change the lighting, put in highlights, shadows, give me a tan, etc....I look damn good. In reality, if you see me in bright sunlight before my first cup of coffee, yikes :omg:

Cheers,
George

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...Hell, if you were to take a picture of me and air brush it, change the lighting, put in highlights, shadows, give me a tan, etc....I look damn good. In reality, if you see me in bright sunlight before my first cup of coffee, yikes :omg:

Cheers,
George

:needpics:

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
“The BRZ should have been a beautiful car,” he said bluntly. “It’s not beautiful.”

He makes it seem so easy! With that simple logic, EVERY car made should be beautiful. Apparently designers want their new designs to be just a little bit ugly.

~Jay

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So collectively the folks at MT believe the 2013 Viper looks old already. Gee what a surprize that the idiots at MT all think alike and not one has the courage to offer a different opinion. I hate collective thinking. It shows a lack of imagination, intelligence and individuality. It looks like MT will not miss an opportunity to be dismissive.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure seems like MT can't say enough against the Viper, and can't say enough for the new C7. Bias much?

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this does is confirm there is hope for the Viper! If the magazines hate it, that's a great thing. I'm still disappointed (I think???) in the alleged performance numbers, but it's good to know that it's hated. It is a Viper after all. No sarcasm.

Now we just need a widebody ACR. It doesn't have to be GTS-R wide...just give it 1.5-2" on each side in the back and maybe 1" on each side in the front.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth