Delivery Date?

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I don't have a Gen 5 on order I received a letter from one of the big 3 Viper dealers saying that production had not started pending some EPA/Clean Air sign off that was hopefully to be received by the end of February. Here's the exact wording from his letter -

"The 2013 Viper is still waiting on the Air Emissions Act which I understand government will be signed end of February. CAAP will start up mid February producing 2013 Vipers. At this time I have not heard the plans for production per day. In the past start up would be a couple a day so there is time for evaluations I would think by mid to end of March we will beginning to see some Viper. "

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a local dealer indicated he'd have his launch by 2/19/13. production seems way behind. thought i read somewhere that they's start 12 per day but maybe thats eventually. I'm in the second wave of ordering so I'm expecting June delivery.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I don't have a Gen 5 on order I received a letter from one of the big 3 Viper dealers saying that production had not started pending some EPA/Clean Air sign off that was hopefully to be received by the end of February. Here's the exact wording from his letter -

"The 2013 Viper is still waiting on the Air Emissions Act which I understand government will be signed end of February. CAAP will start up mid February producing 2013 Vipers. At this time I have not heard the plans for production per day. In the past start up would be a couple a day so there is time for evaluations I would think by mid to end of March we will beginning to see some Viper. "

Yes, I received that same note....maybe they should just make everything a 2014 model year.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The engine assembly is re-starting next week, and the rest of the line is re-starting the week after. So at least production has begun again!

Regarding the EPA sign-off, luckily that doesn't hold up manufacturing, they just have to hold the Vipers in a warehouse until they get the sign-off. The manufacturing line was being held until quality issues were resolved. And apparently they're resolved, because manufacturing is commencing.

Reaction score
I believe it was Herb that had stated there are plenty of the launch cars already done so the "start of production" is probably for custom configurations, lets hope the certification is given soon, I'm dying to get the new ones flowing through.

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was told mine has a ship date of 2-22 ..last six vin 400066..not sure what is the transport time is from caap to Dallas??... 6 or 7 days i would guess...

You may want to double check your VIN #, the one you posted above is my VIN#. Sure hope that's a mistake? My car is still in "Production scheduled" status.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told mine has a ship date of 2-22 ..last six vin 400066..not sure what is the transport time is from caap to Dallas??... 6 or 7 days i would guess...

You may want to double check your VIN #, the one you posted above is my VIN#. Sure hope that's a mistake? My car is still in "Production scheduled" status.

:omg: Better get to the bottom of this asap... could be the worst clerical error ever.

davidn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

typo on my part.... vin 400068 von 28082202 ..D1 status ...Sequenced for production...estimated ship date assigned which is 2-22

just going by what the dealer has emailed me last week....

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
typo on my part.... vin 400068 von 28082202 ..D1 status ...Sequenced for production...estimated ship date assigned which is 2-22

Whew!!! Thank you for the clarification... you were giving me a heart attack over here.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard that several of them are already built, just being stored for that certification to pass. First wave of cars still on track for late Feb.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph tweeted recently that the first cars will show up by Easter, which sounded to me like they're slipping from late Feb to late March. Hopefully late Feb is still on. When did you guys hear late Feb?

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hope another typo...my vin ends in 400068????? you sure you ordered a Viper??

davidn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep pretty sure its a viper..

here is copy of the order i just got from the dealer...

You must be registered for see images

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh boy....if it makes u guys feel any better my last name and VON when entered on the search site cant be found and my order has been in for months. :omg:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
correct and when the VON doesnt work on the search site, the page gives you the option of e-mailing SRT. They get back to you rather quickly. In my case they indictaed an anticipated manufacture of March. But it seems odd that the site didnt work; still doesnt. I'm buying American for the first time in years; hope i don't regret it.

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My 2010 FE(453) was delivered 3 weeks after another 2010 FE(452) with one VIN # different, to the same dealership. Our cars came in Sept, mine was 2 1/2 months after being built.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the link?

correct and when the VON doesnt work on the search site, the page gives you the option of e-mailing SRT. They get back to you rather quickly. In my case they indictaed an anticipated manufacture of March. But it seems odd that the site didnt work; still doesnt. I'm buying American for the first time in years; hope i don't regret it.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is nothing new, as Dealers tell owners the their Viper will be there on a specific date and whereas this is fine for the production line for normal vehicles, this handbuilt machine has never been one where one should count on a tentative date. Most established Dealers know this with Vipers as it has been like this forever. The cars were supposed to be out very late February or in March. It looks more like it will be March, but nothing has really changed. Just know that a date for shipping has never been something that was set in stone for Vipers ( partly due to logistics of where the Snakes are going via Reliable and needing full trucks ).

The memo for late February or March went out months ago, and just like any company they were hoping for late February, but it appears March is more realistic as there is hope to move alot of them quickly all over the Country -- in a grouping. With trucking one can't logically send out just one or two at a time. Hang in there , folks, we are all super excited and frustration is understandable , but misreading of data has been a constant over the years and frankly those Dealers who have sold alot of Vipers know that one should not be given a set date as there are unique variables in shipping a low volume machine. Hope this is helpful and the wait will be worth it.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything new with deliveries?? The car will depreciate when we drive it off the dealerships lot. We all know that. But it doesnt feel good when we drive our brand new 2013 Viper for what, 3-4 months , before the car turns old when the 2014 comes out a few months later.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth