has anyone tried the viper race engine controller (mopar)

viper srt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What do u think if i install that mopar engine controller on my gen4 viper 2008

I have installed american racing headers and k&n air intake but not tuned yet because its difficult to find a viper tuner in My country.

My country is at see level and the temp during summer is around 40 degree C ( around 104 F )

So is it gonna be safe on my car for a daily user?

is it gonna Need tuning? Because as i know the mopar engine controller will tune it self , is it correct ?

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disables the the skip-shift. Improves the throttle response (I couldn't really tell). Doesn't care so much about emissions so no check engine light with headers change. 93 octane minimum.

Idles higher, also more revs at the top end too.

Supposed to make more power as a result of that. It will self tune like the regular controller.

Reaction score
There is no way to "custom tune" the Gen4 Viper so the Mopar PCM is what you will need and the conditions there will be adjusted around weather etc. just like they would be with the stock one. You will be fine (and happy) with the Mopar offering. I have other customers in Qatar and everything works well for them.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do u think if i install that mopar engine controller on my gen4 viper 2008

I have installed american racing headers and k&n air intake but not tuned yet because its difficult to find a viper tuner in My country.

My country is at see level and the temp during summer is around 40 degree C ( around 104 F )

So is it gonna be safe on my car for a daily user?

is it gonna Need tuning? Because as i know the mopar engine controller will tune it self , is it correct ?

From my understanding a Mopar Performance is a must to get the max HP out of the header install that you have done. From what I read there are 10+whp in those headers so the Mopar ECU would benefit you quite a bit opposed to a all stock car.

And as Chorps stated the drive by wire system is funky and this helps that a lot.

104, damn thats hot.

-Tim

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No PCM self tunes in open loop. In closed loop the PCM continuously corrects the a/f to approximately 14.7. All the learning is done through STFT and LTFT, but, again these corrections are in closed loop.
What do u think if i install that mopar engine controller on my gen4 viper 2008 I have installed american racing headers and k&n air intake but not tuned yet because its difficult to find a viper tuner in My country. My country is at see level and the temp during summer is around 40 degree C ( around 104 F ) So is it gonna be safe on my car for a daily user? is it gonna Need tuning? Because as i know the mopar engine controller will tune it self , is it correct ?