200 MPH Club?

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since the Gen4 is capable of it and other gens, modified, can, who on here has hit 200 MPH or faster in a Viper?

Lord knows I have never came close, but given the right circumstances I would certainly try. They give you a 220-MPH speedo for a reason.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be cool to have a little "name tag" that the VCA puts in your profile when verified info is submitted.\
Example
"170 mph club"
"180 mph club"
"190 mph club"
"200 mph club" etc

Something where video/gps/verified documentation
Kind of like SRT forums does with membership.

You must be registered for see images

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the 2 Mile Club count ? ..............oh never mind that's something else....lol ! ;)

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen 185, and the car still had more, but I was running out of road. I don't have any intention of doing that again. Technical driving of a roadcourse, or drifting is way more thrilling and alot safer.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen the speedo in the 194 area but was running out of road as well. However, we all know how inaccurate speedos can be at the high end, so I have no idea how fast I've "actually" been. Although, my speedo shows around 154 before I brake for 10A at Road Atlanta, and I had a guy come up to me in the pits after a run as say he clocked me at 151 on his radar gun.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had mine up to 165 out in Mojave. I'm not sure how much more it had running 3.55s.

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time I see an in car video of a Texas Mile run it makes me think twice about wanting to try it. Crazy How bumpy it is!

If my memory is correct, Keith Anderson from our club ran 199 -200 in the Texas mile in his 2009 Viper couple of years ago.....my understanding is that other than exhaust and computer basically stock.

That seems very unlikely.... no offense.

F

FrgMstr

170.9 at Texas Mile last spring. Shooting to break 178 next month. :)

That was with all stock (2008 Vert) with Corsa cat backs. Getting her rigged out now with Mopar PCM, Belanger headers, cat delete, and straight pipes, plus a couple other weight saving efforts.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the 2 Mile Club count ? ..............oh never mind that's something else....lol ! ;)

You mean mile high..? Just kidding...

We have a client that runs 196 mph in a full trim 09' ACR ******** running our Heads, Intake, Pushrods, ACR-X headers, ACR-X clutch kit & a Mopar Venom controller.. Only issue was front splitter "track" extension got a bit tweaked.. We're going for 200 mph fully trimmed out next run.. Video with data will follow after next run..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE:usa:
Toddy

Last edited:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. 200 with all that aero stuff on the ACR is incredible. That big wing is like a parachute over 150 isn't it? -Or are you guys adjusting it for less drag and more stability at high speed.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made four passes in the standing mile, all of them over 205. Highest was 209 mph. Just over 1,000 rwhp at the time, zero aero mods, on Michelin Pilot tires. just like I drive it on the street. I also built the car.

Tony

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. 200 with all that aero stuff on the ACR is incredible. That big wing is like a parachute over 150 isn't it? -Or are you guys adjusting it for less drag and more stability at high speed.

Allan,

Bone stock factory trimmed ******** ACR with "track extension" on splitter installed and no modifying the rake of the factory wing.. Goal was to see what potential the ACR has with more HP under the hood, an honest run.. We were pretty amazed the aero held up with only a slight problem with track extension mounting point.

SRT did a excellent job engineering, developing and testing its ACR aero package to hold up under such stress levels. At these speeds we wouldn't be comfortable running anything but Factory..:usa:

Thnx,
BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean mile high..? Just kidding...

We have a client that runs 196 mph in a full trim 09' ACR ******** running our Heads, Intake, Pushrods, ACR-X headers, ACR-X clutch kit & a Mopar Venom controller.. Only issue was front splitter "track" extension got a bit tweaked.. We're going for 200 mph fully trimmed out next run.. Video with data will follow after next run..

Toddy

*Must...resist...urge to ask for...pricing...*

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*Must...resist...urge to ask for...pricing...*

chorps,

Prime-Rib and Lobster.. Many man hours machining his cylinder heads & intake, making sure we got the best possible velocity to achieve maximum hp & trq on the top end of the rpm range, but truth be told we give all credit to our client who turned out a first class build right out of his home garage..:2tu:

Thnx

Toddy

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe its 330kph , at least that is what mine says:)

Canadian model speedometers read to 360kph. The last bold number is 340.
This is for my 99 GTS, later models may have a different scale.
My car is easily capable to 300kph with 4.10's lol.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
360 km/h is what the Canadian models have for Gen2 Vipers :drive: Here's a picture of mine

You must be registered for see images attach

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made four passes in the standing mile, all of them over 205. Highest was 209 mph. Just over 1,000 rwhp at the time, zero aero mods, on Michelin Pilot tires. just like I drive it on the street. I also built the car.

Tony
that would be fun to see. Impressive top speeds.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave