Ferrari Power to Weight

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If '13 Viper had to hold back :eater: on power to weight to not beat Ferrari, well I am OK with that.

Because now Ferrari has this 2800 pound / 949 hp = 2.95 HP per pound of awesomeness.

Given the track pack weight of 3297, the Viper should be G2G up to 1117 hp or so.. Hell, make it an even 1111 HP to not beat Ferrari at their own game :drive: Either that or bring the weight of the Viper down to 1900 pounds and we should still be good :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iRsV6YpLsKA#!

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that is probably not the F car they are going to use as a metering stick....look at the power and weight of the F12, much more realistic as to what we are up against.

Cheers,
George

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, we all know that people who already wrote checks for the LaFerrari are worried about the Viper beating it on the track LOL ;)

LaFerrari is a technical marvel. But, I'll venture to guess less track days will be done with them then vehicles produced - by a lot.

Even F12s

OP
OP
A

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just prey that Ferrari does not do like Aston and come-out with a Smart car type.
Then we'll have to get by with the wiper motor !

:rolaugh:

I saw a few in London. Based on a Scion iQ. The Aston Cygnet actually made a lot of sense to me over there. I could totally see myself driving a car that small over there. It was so crowded. I did some research on the Cygnet on their website. It has a LOT of different ways to configure that car. A lot more interior options than the Viper.. Actually kind of jealous... IMO it's not a bad looking car for what it is.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a beautiful car. If I'm ever at the point where I have to decide whether to buy that car or about 10 Vipers then I'll have something to consider.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If '13 Viper had to hold back :eater: on power to weight to not beat Ferrari, well I am OK with that.

Because now Ferrari has this 2800 pound / 949 hp = 2.95 HP per pound of awesomeness.

Given the track pack weight of 3297, the Viper should be G2G up to 1117 hp or so.. Hell, make it an even 1111 HP to not beat Ferrari at their own game :drive: Either that or bring the weight of the Viper down to 1900 pounds and we should still be good :headbang:

Great Video of the new Ferrari version of the Corvette C7! Maybe that is the ZR1?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's great when you can beat a million dollar+ car with a $100k car but you can't come to expect that time and again realistically...

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

From what I understand, the power to weight ratio ceiling was in comparison to the F12. Sergio said that the viper could have a power to weight ratio equal to the laFerrari, but the car would then have to be called the "laViper" to which Ralph replied, "No, 640 hp is cool."

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Viper and Ferrari are in totally different worlds and are totally different driving experiences. It's not about HP, torque or HP/lbs. Those are all paper specs. The current Viper is a beast while the Ferrari is well, pure driving refinement. Could not say which is better, both a blast. Just depends on the mood. Since no one on this forum is a professional race driver (though many think they are), cars for us is about having fun. So why is is so important what it says on paper, it s the rush of driving that matters. Most of us can't get these cars even close to their limit anyway, me included and I have spent alot of time on the track.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Ferrari just knocks it out of the park. A real full press effort to produce a pinacle sports car.

After watching that video I had to go out in the garage and tell the Viper not to worry. We are still best of buds : >)

Will probably never be able to own a La Ferrari, so the Viper will remain my Mistress.

OP
OP
A

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To clarify for anyone who may have missed the hint of sarcasm in my original post..

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph already squashed this rumor so...

Yup. he also said that the Viper could not be any wider as that would be illegal...So I guess the LaFerrari, Hyuara, Aventador, are all illegal. With all due respect to Ralph and his work, I'll take his rumor squashing with a grain of salt. Conventional wisdom says otherwise. Do people really expect Ralph to say "yeah well you know FIAT is the parent company and they also own Ferrari, so we are not allowed to make their Ferrari look bad on the track like the Viper has done for 2 decades". LOL. No.

OP
OP
A

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. Very much so. Much more than the new lambo all over the net.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we go on strike until someone does a head to head with this Ferrari and the Gen V??? Seriously, no reason to do it other than it would be major fun. At least an F12 comparison. :)

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all comes down to the almighty DOLLAR .You really can not compare a car thats engineered with an almost unlimited budget to a car thats engineered WITH AN EXTREMELY LIMITED BUDGET (were lucky to have a GEN 5 at all )LOL theres no FIAT MANDATE that said the GEN5s power to weight ratio must be less than the Ferraris what in fact there is is NO MONEY IN THE VIPERS BUDGET to esp considering many components in the VIPER are of a single platform nature.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave