Vipair Coilovers INSTALLED

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wassup guys! Just got done installing my vipair coilovers over the weekend. The process was really simple unbolt the old ones and bolt on the new ones. Took some time adjusting the height to my liking and the rebound/dampening. So far the car handles great & drives smooth like my wife's Lexus, night and day difference from my eibach lowering spring setup. I went with 450/650 spring rates after having a long talk with Steve and I am very happy with it. Steve was very helpful during the install process, he even responded late night to my texts regarding minor questions. Here are some pics. I can still lower the car about another 1" in the rear and 0.5" in the front!

pic with only front coilovers installed, I raised it up about an inch in the front since then.
You must be registered for see images attach

fronts and rears installed, unadjusted.

adjusted with less than a finger gap from tires and fender in the rear. will adjust the front to raise just a little more off the ground. Sitting too low in the front for my liking lol!

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raised mine two inches from the bottom threads (front) and I now like how it sits. We're does your adjuster nut sit on the rear? Your car looks great !!!!!!

OP
OP
D

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mamba52. The rear adjuster nut is about an inch from the bottom/last thread. Going to raise the front up a bit more this weekend.

OP
OP
D

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Torquemonster06! Yes it's a wrap, had it done last year. KNG SNKE the car does ride better the my eibach lowering springs on stock shocks. I don't remember how the car drove when it was stock cuz that was 3 years ago.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pics and videos Dara!

Looks like we picked the right spring rates for those intense bumpy roads you have around your place.

Your car took that major bump quite well, and the chase car doing the video taping sure took a hit from that same bump!

Reaction score
Rides better than stock? Looks like the rear is fairly bouncy.

This ^^^ should compress and rebound one time instead. maybe try more rebound and see if you loose the bounce. I would think that a 650 rear spring would not overwhelm the rebound dampening that easily (we use 800 for the best ride) so try and tighten it up until the same bump reacts with one cycle.

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! I will purchasing some Vipair coils later this year. Seems like a great guy that stands behind his product.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This ^^^ should compress and rebound one time instead. maybe try more rebound and see if you loose the bounce. I would think that a 650 rear spring would not overwhelm the rebound dampening that easily (we use 800 for the best ride) so try and tighten it up until the same bump reacts with one cycle.

I've been fighting the urge to throw some coilovers on there but I don't want to bounce like a Civic down the road. I have 3/4 spring caps currently and my car rides like stock and its at the right height for me but to make it ride better would be nice.

OP
OP
D

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Mark, appreciate it a lot. Currently it's set at number7. The firmest I can do will be number 11. So I'll definitely tighten it up a bit.

OP
OP
D

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though the vids show little bounce when driving the car I don't feel the bounce inside the car. My old setup with just eibach springs would throw me off my seat on the same road.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rides better than stock? Looks like the rear is fairly bouncy.

I'm on 11 and I still get a little bounce and I'm using 800lb in rear/500 front. Could it be I didn't get enough preload on the springs?

Reaction score
Wow, that does look a bit on the bouncy side. I hope you are successful at adjusting that out unless it doesn't bother you...

The affects on handling and putting power down successfully without having great control over the suspension can be pretty drastic with 500+ hp on tap in an already tail happy Viper. I would say it is higher up on the priority list then fresh tires because it is more pronounced at speed.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im ready to install these coilovers on my gen 2 and I was wondering if anyone had a "how to?" I realize its pretty straightforward, even knowing the tools needed would be a help.
I did a search but cant access the how to forums.
Thanks

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another shock option is available from MSC. Will post impressions soon, but absolutely no bounce with my first ride.

Still think these look like Aldans, and the search function will bring up bounce problems with those too : <(

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What rebound settings is everyone on? Mine seem bouncy in the rear over larger bumps.

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tried both spring rates, first I had the 450/650 now I have the 500/800 and it is night and day difference!!! I would recommend the 500/800 combo for 99% of the people. The 450/650 were just to bouncy for me no matter what settings I tried. But if anybody would like I will sell my 450/650 springs cheap so all you have do is buy everything else from steve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth