I used the Billet Tech eject button laying around from my Challenger

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still making progress (slow) in discussions with different billet suppliers. My overall objective, because my RT is basically stock, is to replace mostly caps with billet. I have already changed those pieces that were readily available with quality pieces. I prefer an entire replacement part, so I can store the original parts. The full billet pieces I
have already put on are:

- Airbox hold down screws - available from Jon at PartsRack (they were originally offered by Dave's Big Brakes, and Jon bought out the stock when Dave passed) Note two on top of airbox, and one near crossmember to hold lower mount.

- Logo top for oil dipstick - MGW
- Logo Oil filler cap in valve cover - MGW

Many standard zinc plated factory screws, I have replaced with stainless hex head cap screws. I did the injector hold downs, replaced the screw and buffed out the hold down plates. (sorry about first picture, bad focus):

I have found a few suppliers who are willing to work with me on identifying parts which can fit. JTS Venom Performance (Tony) is willing to work with you in possibly retrofitting pieces they already have. Some are caps that go over the stock part and are held in place by small hex screw...right now, not my preference to mess with stock parts. Tony is a member of VCA.

I am testing out a few parts (they are returnable if doesn't work). If successful, will post what they are and who is supplying them.

Another thing I am considering, is changing some of the small hoses/lines to braided stainless....just not sure how to do it to make it look "professional". The liines on Treesnakes motor look really good. Not sure how they attach at the ends...are the end pieces threaded and screw into something to hold in place (I know, sounds stupid, but never saw closeup of install).

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used the Billet Tech eject button laying around from my Challenger

I was thinking of mounting the S2000 Engine start button there :) Did not like the idea of drilling out my dash! I then had the idea to move the cigrette lighter into the rear glove box.

Not done it yet, but am seriously thinking about it :)

Did find these which might fit over some nuts and bolts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Red-M...Dodge|Model:Viper&hash=item460d98aba3&vxp=mtr

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been working with Billet Technology as well and think I've made some progress. Will know in a few days.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These torx screws are impossible to find unless you wanna pay outrageous Dealer prices. Whoever makes them needs to start marketing them on the internet. I really, really like the hex-torx-captive washer bolt.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, finally made some headway on locating billet dress-up parts for my '98...but should fit all Gen II's.

Radiator overflow cap, found Amazon (good price)...made by Billet Specialties -#BSP75120, "Radiator Cap 16 LB polished plain". It comes complete with radiator cap and billet cover (no cheap cover) that presses on tight. Reason for cover being separate, allows owner to position correctly if there is engraving on top:

Also, finally found an engrave billet washer fluid cap, polished. Took awhile, but got it and I think it looks great...I really dislike the stock yellow cap! Made by Billet Technologies, call Scott R Boegler at 1-561-582-6171 and tell him that Peter Weinberger just ordered this cap for his Viper...he was very helpful:

I like these two, because it lets me put the original parts away in case I want to return it to stock.

I'm going to discuss possibility of polished, plain billet caps for the master cylinder cap and backup brakefluid tank, but not sure I want to cover those...thoughts?

Last, not too happy with the red smooth tubes I have. Would prefer to have something nicer, something red and polished metal (prefer to chrome), but chrome is okay. Have seen one set that uses chrome plastic tubes along with red hoses. Something not quite right using a plastic tube rather than metal. Any recommendations?

Thanks guys, hope this has been helpful!

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're welcome guys, glad I could help.

Billet Technology is telling me they do not make any caps for brake fluid. The only solution, if even available, is a billet cover that would be held in place by a small allen screw. Not sure I want to go this route, though I would not want to mess with a cap that is not specifically structured for brake fluid. In the end, I might just leave the black caps alone and move to other things.

Just picked up stainless cap screws for the valve covers. Even though they are not that visible, they do improve that aspect of the motor...prefer the look of stainless to that of rusty looking zinc plated factory bolts. And, since I have changed over most of the factory screws/non-essential bolts to stainless cap screws, the valve cover hold downs were the next logical step.

Any other suggestions, love to hear them!

Thanks!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An OOPS! I should not have mentioned a paricular vendor who was banned, but I can't take his name or company name out....sorry, my badd!

I am still making progress (slow) in discussions with different billet suppliers. My overall objective, because my RT is basically stock, is to replace mostly caps with billet. I have already changed those pieces that were readily available with quality pieces. I prefer an entire replacement part, so I can store the original parts. The full billet pieces I
have already put on are:

- Airbox hold down screws - available from Jon at PartsRack (they were originally offered by Dave's Big Brakes, and Jon bought out the stock when Dave passed) Note two on top of airbox, and one near crossmember to hold lower mount.

- Logo top for oil dipstick - MGW
- Logo Oil filler cap in valve cover - MGW

Many standard zinc plated factory screws, I have replaced with stainless hex head cap screws. I did the injector hold downs, replaced the screw and buffed out the hold down plates. (sorry about first picture, bad focus):

I have found a few suppliers who are willing to work with me on identifying parts which can fit. JTS Venom Performance (Tony) is willing to work with you in possibly retrofitting pieces they already have. Some are caps that go over the stock part and are held in place by small hex screw...right now, not my preference to mess with stock parts. Tony is a member of VCA.

I am testing out a few parts (they are returnable if doesn't work). If successful, will post what they are and who is supplying them.

Another thing I am considering, is changing some of the small hoses/lines to braided stainless....just not sure how to do it to make it look "professional". The liines on Treesnakes motor look really good. Not sure how they attach at the ends...are the end pieces threaded and screw into something to hold in place (I know, sounds stupid, but never saw closeup of install).

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To follow up on this topic. I finally got around to having JMB Performance make the polished aluminum overflow tank. It looks freaking amazing. I am picky and i could not be any happier. Now i am thinking about a polished aluminum washer fluid tank. :D

You must be registered for see images

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW... A while back I call Billet Tech about these parts. The OP had asked. The problem was they could not meet me that day. I will say however, there was not a great deal of "interest" for making parts. At least I did not get that feeling...

In any event, if there is any interest... I can try again...

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To follow up on this topic. I finally got around to having JMB Performance make the polished aluminum overflow tank. It looks freaking amazing. I am picky and i could not be any happier. Now i am thinking about a polished aluminum washer fluid tank. :D

You must be registered for see images

Love this overflow tank... Does this have a sight glass? Will they make another?

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love this overflow tank... Does this have a sight glass? Will they make another?
Mine has no sight glass, as i didnt ask for one. I dont know if a sight glass would work because any overflow runs out of this tank and into the lower tank in the wheelwell. However, if you wanted one, i am sure Justin could put you one on there as these are hand made 1 at a time. He will make them for any who want them.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW... A while back I call Billet Tech about these parts. The OP had asked. The problem was they could not meet me that day. I will say however, there was not a great deal of "interest" for making parts. At least I did not get that feeling...

In any event, if there is any interest... I can try again...

When I talked to them they sounded like they had a lot of interest and was making progress on developing parts. Might as well try again!