Gen I/II Engine Compartment Billet Dress-Up

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know some of you with Gen I/II's are interested in locating billet parts to dress up the engine compartment. Certainly is something I want to do. So, I have been busy searching for those harder to find billet parts....not cheap looking caps, but real parts! While difficult, I am having some luck and will be posting what I find over the next month or two. Most of us know what is available from MGW, but it is very limited and they apparently have no interest in expanding what they offer for Gen I/II's.This is the case with most of the large billet suppliers, but I am still talking to a few to see what i can do.

Keep y'all posted!

:)

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havethe MGW oil cap and dipstick top, and I really like the way they look. Keep us posted on what you find...i'd always like a bit more **** looking ones

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good timing with this thread. Last week i asked a vendor to check into having a custom fit billet overflow tank made for Gen I/II. I'll post up results here.

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Billet Tech, they've been supplying parts for the LX Mopars (Charger, Challenger, 300) and other cars. They are in West Palm Beach, FL. They make some real good stuff. I have replacement caps, oil dipstick tops and catch can. Quality work.

What are you all looking for? I'm getting some parts made for a '77 Vette we are restoring. Perhaps I can check some prices for parts.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On Billet Tech, they've been supplying parts for the LX Mopars (Charger, Challenger, 300) and other cars. They are in West Palm Beach, FL. They make some real good stuff. I have replacement caps, oil dipstick tops and catch can. Quality work.

What are you all looking for? I'm getting some parts made for a '77 Vette we are restoring. Perhaps I can check some prices for parts.

How far away are you from them in Florida? They told me they could get the caps local and do their R&D. It would be nice if they could actually get a Viper in there to get some experience with them. You might hit them up if you are interested, i'm sure they would give you some free parts! Worth a shot!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I have a call into them to see about a couple of pieces...they haven't called back yet.

Still looking!

Kraaken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Always lookin for more myself !! Love to see what you find

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I contacted this company 2 months ago and they said they would be interested in developing products for the Gen 1 and 2 if they got enough interest.

https://www.facebook.com/billettechnology?fref=pb
Just looked at their website. From what I can tell they look like quality parts at an affordable price (Of course when they make them for the Viper they will charge 10x more because of the Viper tax, and claim its because of low production numbers) I think I will order some parts for the Charger and see what they look like

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be interested in quality replacements for some of the stock pieces in black anodized finish... maybe brushed aluminum. Just not a fan of shiny stuff everywhere.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Home_finally_007.jpg

Home_finally_004.jpg

Polished custom overflow tank...

JMB_rad_catch_can_003.jpg

JMB_rad_catch_can_008.jpg

Billet remote power steering reservoir and Stainless steel radiator hoses.

The PS reservoir is on the side of the air box. I had the PS pump polished.

new_engine_003.jpg

new_engine_0032.jpg

Braided lines help too...IMO

Last edited:

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How far away are you from them in Florida? They told me they could get the caps local and do their R&D. It would be nice if they could actually get a Viper in there to get some experience with them. You might hit them up if you are interested, i'm sure they would give you some free parts! Worth a shot!

Not that far... I can easily make the drive. Who did you speak with. I'll guinea pig for a good discount or free... Not a problem. :)

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the overflow tank Tree. Are those available?

RED SNAKE was asking too
It was made by Justin at JMB Performance. He might be interested in making more if there were a couple people interested...:dunno:

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That tank is beautiful....if you don't mind, what kind of pricetag did it have? I have also been talking to Tony and Joanne from JTS Venom Performance (VCA Vendor) about parts they offer and whether they can be made to fit the Gen I/II Viper. I provided Joanne with measurements of the caps I was interested in - washer fluid, radiator overflow tank, master cylinder, secondary brake fluid - and here is her response:

it looks like the washer fluid is the same as what we make. one down. the coolant cap i have is 1 11/16" that's a direct fit cap too. what does yours measure? the rest of the caps are covers, so they fit over the factory caps. outer diameter is all i need for the rest. oil cap will fit 2 1/4" smallest area, and 2 3/4" for the largest area that you actually use to take off cap. radiator cap will fit over 2 3/8" largest part that you use to open four areas that stick out, the flat area is 2 5/8. the other two caps i have will fit 2 1/8 round and 1 13/16 round. the can be grinded out with a die grinder to enlarge, i did this with an srt 8 jeep. the cap that i have that measures 2 1/8 could be ground out 1/8" all the way around and it would work. check the oil cap and radiator cap measurements. if we can get a few close i could have 7 engraved and just sell you what you want and advertise the rest on the vca. to make the individual caps i would have to make ten of each.

Washer Fluid Cap Measurements:
Cap diameter: 2 3/8"
- Inside diameter: 2 3/16" (not the little tabs)
- Overall length: 3 7/16"
- Lift tab length: 1/2"
- Mounting tab length: 5/8" (piece that attaches to the washer fluid tank)

I did not get pricing as yet, because I decided to put my efforts elsewhere for the time being.

However, as I come across billet dress-up parts that will fit Gen I/II Vipers, I will pass them along.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm, not sure how much use the built-in thermostat will be, but it will have more bling than the stock piece. Did you ever get the billet airbox screws from IPSCO?

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Okay all.....

I badgered Justin enough today that he agreed to do a one time run on the polished billet overflow tanks!!! They are not going to be cheap. They are going to be ~$350 each.

I am definitely having one made. You can see what they look like in TreeSnake's pics.

If you want one at that price point, send me a PM and let me know. He's only going to make these one time, and only the amount that I tell him are spoken for (I live down the road from Justin and will be using my car to confirm fit, etc).

These are for 1992-2002 Gen II cars.

Home_finally_004.jpg

Polished custom overflow tank...

JMB_rad_catch_can_008.jpg

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for checking on this...

Okay, I'm interested...but got some questions...I don't like to be surprised...

Will it be made entirely of billet aluminum, 6061-T6?
Will the cap be included and also made of billet aluminum?
Will it be the same capacity as the OE tank?
Will it have the same inputs and outputs as the OE tank?
I like the curved/rounded corners of the OE tank...will this one be squared off like treesnake's or curved/rounded like the OE tank?
Is he going to make a prototype first that we can see and decide then or do we have to trust that we will like the look of the new tank?

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like the curved/rounded corners of the OE tank...will this one be squared off like treesnake's or curved/rounded like the OE tank?
Is he going to make a prototype first that we can see and decide then or do we have to trust that we will like the look of the new tank?

I'll ask. I'm assuming it'll be just like Treesnake's but let me find out.........

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering. Isn't Tree's setup a custom setup? Because the lines are running different directions but the mounting points are the same.

I'm interested in the tanks but dang that is high :(

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These will be made to go into the stock location, stock hook up. R&R replacement for the stock unit.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LIG questions, see below. Could probably use the first one (my car) as prototype.

Quote:
Yes entirely aluminum, cap is not included, would use oem or oem style cap, squared off, all factory connections would be on it, direct fit pnp style. Very similar size to oem, welds will be exposed, not smoothed. Brushed finish $50 less.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Okay all.....

I badgered Justin enough today that he agreed to do a one time run on the polished billet overflow tanks!!! They are not going to be cheap. They are going to be ~$350 each.

Justin is going to kill me.....:rolaugh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper