SRT retakes Laguna Seca record with 2014 SRT Viper TA!!!

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that is what i have been waiting for !!!...this should have been done long ago. Well done SRT !! This is what the Viper nation has been waiting for. Now its time to continue the wooping.

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And in 30 minutes, my thread got closed in the Chevy forum....... hmmm..... and I worded it very nicely as it is a postive for the corvette community and future ZR1 specs....

Oh well......good job SRT....

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And in 30 minutes, my thread got closed in the Chevy forum....... hmmm..... and I worded it very nicely as it is a postive for the corvette community and future ZR1 specs....

Oh well......good job SRT....

Of course they would lock the thread. The ZR1 with MPSC just lost the record to a Viper with wet road capable Corsas! I'm surprised your thread lasted longer the 3 minutes on the Vette forum!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice comment Vooooodoo ACR -----like I mentioned earlier the Corsa was a great tire , but it had the developement with SRT to make sure it could also navigate if the weather did something normal , like rain. Love your comment on the Corsas and way cool to see the efforts SRT continues to put forth to show what a killer machine the Gen V is!!

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta say my heart was racing watching that video. Goosebumps and all. Really impressed with SRT and how they were able to dial the suspension in so quickly. Car looks great in orange too. Let's not forget that it was us here (the owners) that helped SRT push the car to a new level so quickly. I am amazed that it spanked the ZR-1 on rain capable tires. Just fukking amazing. Keep it up Ralph and SRT!

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car keeps getting better and better , it doesn't pay to capitulate to quick ! ;) :drive: :2tu: Kudos to SRT !!! :D

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I poated 3 new threads on corvetteforum and they closed all 3...lol...obviously they are embarrassed and don't like that kind of publicity to get on their forums....they should face the wrath and realize its unevitable. All though just an .08 difference...its only the beginning.,,,MUAHHH !!!

PSiEK!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviuosly SRT wants the VCA to name the TA:

I'll be back with more, but here are some starters:

Terrified
Terrific
Tire
Track
Tread

Ablating
Abolisher
Abomination
Abracadabra
Abridged
Absconder
Acclaim
Acclimated
Accommodated
Adapted
Addition
Add-On
Adept
Adhesion
Advantage
Apocalypse

I like "Tire Abracadabra", "Track Adhesion", "Track Adapted" and my pick "Tread Absconder" :lmao:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A proud moment - even for the doubters and stone throwers. I heard that crow is not bad if you brush it with garlic; add a pinch of pepper and grill it. Tony? Any recipes for cooking crow that the naysayers can use?

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Obviuosly SRT wants the VCA to name the TA:

I'll be back with more, but here are some starters:

Terrified
Terrific
Tire
Track
Tread

Ablating
Abolisher
Abomination
Abracadabra
Abridged
Absconder
Acclaim
Acclimated
Accommodated
Adapted
Addition
Add-On
Adept
Adhesion
Advantage
Apocalypse

I like "Tire Abracadabra", "Track Adhesion", "Track Adapted" and my pick "Tread Absconder" :lmao:

The car is modeled after Halle Berry. Go rethink what TA really stands for... lol

CHAP4034

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2014 SRT Viper TA – Ready to Attack Any Road CourseViper TA (Time Attack) spec-package designed for extreme performance in a special road course focused handling package
Only 33 units in special “Crusher Orange” exterior paint color will be available beginning third quarter 2013

March 18, 2013 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Configured in-house by the Chrysler Group’s SRT (Street and Racing Technology) team in collaboration with professional road racers, the exclusive, street-legal and single-spec 2014 SRT Viper TA (Time Attack) package is specifically built for the performance enthusiast driver who likes to exercise their machines at the more than 150 road-race courses around North America.

Less than one year since the long-awaited world debut of the new 2013 SRT Viper at the New York International Auto Show, the 2014 SRT Viper TA is set to make its public debut on March 27, 2013 on the same show floor at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City.

Based on the SRT Viper model – the lightest vehicle in the lineup, the 2014 SRT Viper TA package builds upon the legendary on-track capability of the American hand-built supercar using a majority of pre-developed components straight from the SRT stable, that are combined into a carefully balanced package that extract the most out of the Viper ultralow center of gravity, 50/50 weight distribution and largest contact patch in the production car world.

“The new 2014 SRT Viper TA is being engineering for the dedicated track enthusiast, who still wants to drive to the track and take their hobby to the next level” said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO – SRT Brand and Motorsports, Chrysler Group LLC. “We’re re-launching some of the fastest production-built cars that people can buy straight from the factory. Our engineers revised the suspension settings to refocus the Viper specifically for track duty, using a blend of components from the GTS and the SRT models, add in the extensively developed aero package and the new Time Attack package is born. We’re not only saluting the existing capabilities of our current models, we’re also targeting another niche in our customer base with a tremendously capable track machine.”

The suspension on the 2014 SRT Viper TA is uniquely tuned and upgraded specifically for on-track usage and to maximize the performance of the Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires which are mounted on ultra-lightweight, multi-spoke Sidewinder II wheels. A two-mode Bilstein Damptronic suspension system features firmer levels of damping and a smaller spread between modes than what is found on the current Viper GTS models.

Shock dampers, springs and road racing derived stabilizer bars have been retuned for optimal on-track performance. The standard aluminum structural X-brace is replaced with a lighter carbon fiber brace that effectively ties the four corners of the engine compartment together and contributes to the 50-percent increase in torsional rigidity and stiffness across the Viper lineup.

Based on the outstanding performance of the world-class brake system on the 2013 SRT Viper, SRT engineers are working in parallel with Brembo on a system that increases thermal capacity and optimizes heat dissipation providing improved extreme use. The brake calipers on the 2014 SRT Viper TA feature a black anodized finish with the Viper logo shown in Crusher Orange.

The unmistakable exterior of the SRT Viper TA features exclusive Crusher Orange paint with black 2D TA logos behind both front wheels, black Stryker logo on the front fascia and matte black, ultra-lightweight Sidewinder II wheels.

An advanced exterior aerodynamics package includes carbon fiber front splitters and rear spoiler, while a carbon fiber rear applique accentuates the rear width proportions and adds another level of detail.

Under the hood of the 2014 SRT Viper TA is the handcrafted, all-aluminum 8.4-liter, mid-front
V-10 overhead-valve engine. Performance ratings are 640 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque – the most torque of any naturally aspirated sports-car engine in the world.

Inside, the performance driver-oriented cabin of the 2014 SRT Viper TA uses the same standard premium ballistic fabric racing seats from Sabelt, featuring a lightweight fiberglass shell created by a state-of-the-art resin transfer molding technology for mass reduction and long-term durability. Both driver and passenger seats can also accommodate a 3- or 6-point harness for racing belts.

The standard black interior combination includes unique Crusher Orange accent stitching on the cloth seats, instrument panel (through the cowl), center stack, console, pull brake, shifter boot, shifter head, steering wheel and upper doors.

Curb weight is an estimated 3,348 pounds.

Only 33 units of the 2014 SRT Viper TA in Crusher Orange will be built at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit, beginning in third quarter 2013.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...love the color and I've been saying it all along that SRT needs to send a car with all the aero, but they did that and then some. It's cool that there will be only 33, but it ***** too. It will make it harder for me to attain, but oh well. More motivation for me to keep working hard. However, something tells me the ACR will have me awe struck and I'll want that which is what I've felt I wanted all along since the debut. I keep thinking "man, the ACR version is going to be amazing..."

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is very very cool. Kudos to Ralph and SRT.

I wonder if creating a different trim was the best idea from marketing stand point. Fair disclaimer: I know next to nothing about marketing I'm an engineer. Having said that I think it would have been better to break the record with the same car that started this in the first place. This could create a situation where buyers will be torn between choosing luxury (GTS) or performance (TA) and could even create a situation where the SRT would become know as the base viper, when there is nothing basic about it and where as before it would be called the purist viper owner choice. Either way I'm glad to see that they made clear they have made improvements to the whole line. I'm really proud of SRT :2tu:. Can't wait to see what SRT come out with for the ACR model and how GM will respond to this.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great info ! Thanx for sharing ! Something tells me this is only the Beginning ! Go Team SRT ! :2tu:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to make us proud Team SRT! First a great show at Sebring and now restoring the last crown! What a great week in Detroit! I've always said the Pirelli was a good tire too!

Last edited: