Fall Foilage Cruise Mansfield, PA Area - October 5, 2013

mkviper96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please save this date. This is always a great run. Ginger will be posting all the details for this event once they are available.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Denny and I have been in Florida since January so I don't have a lot of details to share on this event just yet. What I can share with you is that the hotel site has changed from previous years. We will now be based at the brand new HAMPTON INN & SUITES located in Mansfield. This hotel, which just opened in March of this year, is located at the crossroads of Rt 15 & Rt 6. The more northern lodging location will allow us a little extra time to do a few new things on Saturday. The info is as follows for those that would like to reserve a room in the block:
HAMPTON INN &SUITES ~ 570-662-7501
98 Dorsett Heights, Mansfield PA 16933
Rooms, reserved under the name of DODGE VIPER EVENT , are $120 per night for either a king or 2 doubles. This rate applies to both Friday (October 4) and Saturday (October5). (Keep in mind that this is prime leaf-peeping season in the area. Normal/advertised room rates for this weekend at this location are $169 per night.) Cut-off date for the block is September 4th. Any rooms left in our block after midnight on that date will be released to the general public. The club will also have complimentary use of the hotel's Hospitality Suite both evenings.
Further details will be posted as they become available.
Ginger

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:) Update on the Fall Cruise:

Denny and I mapped out the route for the Fall Cruise today and I think you will be excited with the outcome. The cruise will be just less than 200 miles of driving on great roads. We have some scenic two lane roads to travel on, as well as some awesome four lane roads. Tentatively, the cruise will leave from the Hampton Inn in Mansfield PA and travel on to the PA Grand Canyon in Wellsboro PA Saturday AM. After leaving the Grand Canyon we will travel on to the Finger Lakes area of NY. Our lunch stop will be at Seneca Lake, Watkins Glen NY. Following lunch, the agenda includes a cruise on up to Dundee NY to The Windmill Farm & Craft Market (www.TheWindmill.com). There is something for everyone at The Windmill, including shopping and even some wine tasting. When we depart The Windmill, we will drive down the East side of Keuka Lake as we begin our cruise back to Mansfield PA. The drive is very relaxing and enjoyable. Once back at the hotel we will have a gathering in the Hospitality Suite. Dinner at the hotel is still in the planning stages. When I get a better idea of how many are attending and staying at the hotel Saturday night, I will know more how to plan dinner. Those that wish to relax around the pool and hot tub may do that as well.

I just finished reading some rave reviews on line about our host hotel. It is truly a great hotel and a welcome addition to Mansfield. There is a Perkin’s Restaurant adjoining the parking lot, as well as a Microtel Inn. President Mike has agreed to overnight security for our beloved Vipers. We will have someone in the parking lot watching over the cars throughout the evening. Not that Mansfield is a bad place, but, we are sure you would all feel better knowing that your car was safe and not being tampered with while you are not watching it. If you choose to drive a vehicle other than your Viper, you are still welcome to join us.

In closing, Denny and I are excited to host the Fall Cruise 2013. We hope you will join us in Mansfield PA the weekend of October 4 & 5. The hotel information again is as follows:

HAMPTON INN & SUITES ~ 570-662-7501
98 Dorsett Heights, Mansfield PA 16933

Rooms, reserved under the name of DODGE VIPER EVENT, are $120 per night for either a king or 2 doubles. This rate applies to both Friday (Oct 4) and Saturday (Oct 5). (Keep in mind that this is prime leaf-peeping season in the northern tier, not to mention that it is Homecoming Weekend at Mansfield University. Normal/advertised room rates for this weekend, at this location, are $169 per night.) Cut-off date for the block is September 4th. Any rooms left in our block after midnight on that date will be released to the general public. The club will also have complimentary use of the hotel's Hospitality Suite both evenings.Should you have any questions feel free to email me: [email protected]

Ginger

Last edited:

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:) Just thought I would post a reminder about the hotel reservation cut-off date. You now have less than a month to get your room reserved at the reduced rate for this event. :drive: Please see the information in the post above. Ginger

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg: The clock is ticking on room reservations for this event. All rooms left in the block will go back for sale at the stroke of midnight on Wed., Sept. 4th. There are still a few rooms left. Please don't miss the opportunity to obtain your room. The cost will go up to $169 after the cut-off date. Also, it is Homecoming at Mansfield University in town, so once the unused rooms are released, they will more than likely be rented immediately.

Ginger

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:):):) We are going to have a good showing of cars for the Fall cruise. Midnight tonight is the deadline for room reservations. If you are thinking about coming, please make your room reservation and cancel later if you find that you can't come. It will be better to have the room if you need it, than be disappointed later because you don't. We only have two hotels in town and they will both be full. If you have any questions please shoot me an email at [email protected]

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well folks, as of 8 PM this evening, the block of rooms is full. If you need a room send me an email please. [email protected] If you made a room reservation and can not make it, please let Mike or myself know before you cancel the room with the hotel. Mike or I may know of someone looking for a room. Thanks to all for the interest in this event. Ginger

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that are driving to Mansfield on Saturday AM to attend the Fall Cruise: Our plan is to leave The Hampton Inn between 8:30-8:45. If you are traveling in that AM and find that you can not make the timeframe for leaving, please call one of us and we will direct you to an alternate meeting spot. Our cruise will take us to the PA Grand Canyon and then north along the Finger Lakes. We should arrive back at the hotel somewhere in the area of 5:30. At approximately 6:30, a light dinner/party is planned in the Hospitality Room of the Hampton Inn. I will send our cell phone numbers out in a private email as the time draws nearer. In the meantime, if you have any questions please email me [email protected]. Also, it would be good to know your anticipated arrival time @ the hotel on Friday evening. I have made dinner reservations and need a head count. Please email that info to me. Looking forward to seeing such a good crowd for this event!:drive: Drive safe!

OP
OP
M

mkviper96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OCT. 4, 2013 - Friday lunch 12:30 and caravan to Mansfield if anyone is interested.

Meet at Damon's Restaurant 820 Northern Blvd. Clarks Summit, Pa, 18411 (570) 586-3737

For any-one traveling north get off last exit of northeast extension Pa. Turnpike exit # 131

bear to right after toll gate stay in left lane proceed on Rt 6 & 11 North if traveling Rt 81 north get off Clarks Summit exit 194 bear right on 6 & 11 North stay in left lane Damon's is located just past 2nd light on right just past Gas station.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an awesome day for a Viper cruise! We had a wonderful group of Viper friends with beautiful cars following us around today! Thanks to all that came out! It was great to see our old friends, as well as some new members to the club. Ginger and Denny

Last edited: