2013 Vipers ship this week!!! Plus 2nd wave 2013 Vipers, and carbon fiber packages

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was sent to SRT dealers today, lots of important info...
--------------------------

SRT Performance Dealers,

It has been a busy few days at SRT. Two SRT Viper GTS-R racecars recently debuted in the 2013 American Le Mans Series (ALMS) at the 12 Hours of Sebring with a 5th and 10th place finish which included leading 50 laps. Read more about the exciting start to the season in the attachment.

Also, this week we will start shipping SRT Vipers! We know it has been a long wait and that you have been receiving many questions from customers. We wanted to provide an update so you can keep your customers informed.

As you know, when we opened up for Wave 1 orders, we allocated a large portion of the 2013MY production including a large number of pre-spec vehicles. As we continue to build these Wave 1 orders, we do not have a need to schedule additional orders at this time. However, an exception is being made for a small number of SRT Performance Dealers that do not currently have a scheduled order. These exceptions will be handled through direct contact with those specific dealers. Any shortfalls to the 2013MY allocation (communicated previously this year) will be addressed with early 2014MY vehicles prior to the 2014MY allocation process.

Additionally, we are excited to offer the following packages which will start production in late May:
· Exterior Carbon Fiber Package
· Carbon Fiber Interior Accent Package
· Advanced Aerodynamics Package
· View package details here: http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2012/09/pricing-announced-for-2013-srt-viper-models.html

Requests to add any of the above three packages to current orders will be considered on a case-by-case basis; please note that such requests are not guaranteed. Contact the VOIM team at [email protected] for consideration.

Lastly, we would like to share with you the latest review of the Viper. Motor Trend Magazine recently drove a special Viper at Laguna Seca in California and reclaimed the one-lap track record. The Viper posted an amazing time of 1-minute 33.6 seconds - even faster than the 2010 Viper ACR! The Viper they used is a future special edition car called the “TA” which stands for “Time Attack”. The TA is built from the SRT price class and includes the Track Package and the Advanced Aero Group. It also included a two-mode suspension and multi-mode Electronic Stability Control which are similar to what is currently available on the GTS.

If you have a customer who wants to wait for this new package in 2014MY, make sure that they know that it will be a very limited special edition. The content is on the extreme side as well; it only allows cloth seats and there are no available options.

Motor Trend also tested a 2013 SRT Viper GTS on the track the same day and it posted a similar lap time of 1:34.2. This was achieved without an Aero Package, so be sure to tell your customers not to wait. Please check out the full Motor Trend story here: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1303_2014_srt_viper_ta/

We’re almost there! Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,

Your SRT Team

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 2013 Vipers ship this week!!! Plus 2nd wave 2013 Vipers, and carbon fiber package

Pretty nice they are allowing already placed orders to be upgraded. I'd go for the spoiler if it didn't include the front splitter (front splitter would get ripped off on my driveway)

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 2013 Vipers ship this week!!! Plus 2nd wave 2013 Vipers, and carbon fiber package

As you know, when we opened up for Wave 1 orders, we allocated a large portion of the 2013MY production including a large number of pre-spec vehicles. As we continue to build these Wave 1 orders, we do not have a need to schedule additional orders at this time. However, an exception is being made for a small number of SRT Performance Dealers that do not currently have a scheduled order. These exceptions will be handled through direct contact with those specific dealers. Any shortfalls to the 2013MY allocation (communicated previously this year) will be addressed with early 2014MY vehicles prior to the 2014MY allocation process.

Does this paragraph mean that there will be very few more orders accepted for 2013MY? The whole thing makes me wonder if wave 2 orders will, in fact, be moved to 2014MY.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice Options ! :)

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like 2nd wavers got the shaft. :omg:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yeah but getting pushed to 2014 is something that my dealer, the factory and SRT engineers all said wouldnt happen. raises concerns such as just waiting for the 2015 vert or acr if you get bumped an entire model year. or getting one of the other great new brands coming out next year like the gallardo successor instead.

glad my deposit was such short money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave