Chicago Half-Mile Shootout June 1-2

JasonSSG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im down! they say the Monee event is sold out but I sent them an email anyways hoping for a lucky shot at an open spot

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill be there. Thinking of both days, but Sunday for sure. Currently on the wait list, but will be there to watch if i cant get a spot

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be at the 1/2 mile event Saturday and Sunday with the TT.

Plus, I'll be at Autobahn Monday with track car.

Anybody running on Monday (6/3) at Autobahn with MVP?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a full course track day at Autobahn. Several guys from StL are coming up early Sunday to watch the 1/2 mile.
After the Monee event, we will drive the 40 minutes or so to Autobahn for a track day on Monday.

There are TURNS involved at Autobahn. You probably wouldn't be interested......:D

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our website for the race season is currently being updated, we'll have suggested hotels for all events throughout the year (some will have special club rates).

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Book a room for Saturday night.

Should be a fun filled day of racing. If you on the fence about attending, come to watch and hang out.

Matt are you coming down for Saturday?

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some friends who are running Saturday (in cars other than Vipers). I will most likely be there to spectate and support.

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Staying at the Best Western? I'm going to try to talk a few more local viper owners into coming up with me. Sounds like it should be a fun race day, and maybe some after hours partying?

JasonSSG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I plan on being there if any one wants to meet up. Also Ill be doing track days at the Autobahn to with LAPS, INC

Zach

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill be there, wont be participating but Ill be attending. My buddies at Speed Inc are bringing their ZR1 and hopefully a twin turbo Z06.

Anyone want to caravan there on Saturday? Ill be leaving from the Schaumburg area.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am not going to be able to make it so I someone wants a good deal on my spots give me a pm

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.......:headbang:

I sent a message to WANNAGOFAST and if it is a light turnout, they will let me run both cars......:D

If you guys don't have your cars/trailer, you are more than welcome to get out of the weather, hangout, and tell lies and stories in mine.

I have a dark blue crew cab and 44' gooseneck.

See you there....!

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill find you when we pull in. Ill be in the red Lincoln. Planning on getting there around 730-8ish. I have the popup tent awning, chairs, and grill. I will be stopping at the meat store tomorrow for supplies. Bringing the old man, and he likes to cook so he will be the chef for Saturday and Sunday.

Hope to see a good turn out for vipers and fast cars.

See everyone Saturday and Sunday

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill find you when we pull in. Ill be in the red Lincoln. Planning on getting there around 730-8ish. I have the popup tent awning, chairs, and grill. I will be stopping at the meat store tomorrow for supplies. Bringing the old man, and he likes to cook so he will be the chef for Saturday and Sunday.

Hope to see a good turn out for vipers and fast cars.

See everyone Saturday and Sunday
Hope to see you and other there Sunday

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were several vipers there. I believe treesnake was the fastest viper there with a speed around 190, but he could tell you exactly what the speed was. There was also a gen III that go up to 150. That's the fastest n/a GenIII we have had at any wannagofast event. Top speed of the weekend was a gtr at 214mph built by AMS. Closely followed by a eagle talon at 213. It was a great event for everyone. The wind caused a little issues on Saturday morning, but once the ball was rolling, we were running cars down the track every 45sec. Too soon to say if we will be back in Chicago, but I will make a post here when I get word to give everyone a heads up before they sell out. As a viper owner, I want vipers to take over and have as much participation as possible.

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to treesnake and Nathan. Great runs down the strip.

Matt get your car ready by Sept for the GA runs. Nathan wants to go, I think he's hooked. Treesnake may make it pending his schedule.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets