Paid Steve $3800 on FEB26 -- Still Getting the Run Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been by far the worst purchase experience of my life. Come on Steve, quit playing games with me and your inability to honestly communicate. The last email you sent included install pdfs and pics, no UPS tracking information whatsoever! Stop with the repeated empty promises and ship my order NOW.

Junk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From who and what did you order? Just for informational purposes,
Thankmyou

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From who and what did you order? Just for informational purposes,
Thankmyou

This thread is in the Vipair Vendor Review forum, so the who is Vipair.

Now as for the OP...you've been waiting 1 month...that's funny...wait a few more months for the product and then it'll be a couple more months for the refund....but you will get it...probably.

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Vipair 'Steve'. I was looking forward to his coilovers and BBK, but the game playing is tiresome and disappointing.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is in the Vipair Vendor Review forum, so the who is Vipair.

Now as for the OP...you've been waiting 1 month...that's funny...wait a few more months for the product and then it'll be a couple more months for the refund....but you will get it...probably.

Ken,

Go poach someone elses thread, maybe a lot of the items here are being held up because of a supplier of mines recent back surgery that has sowed down production. In fact M even said to me "throw me under the bus" and I said NO, I don't do that.

Maybe it is time for you to "get a life", life is good!

Try to do something positive for a change, I personally spent 280 hours in March building and finalizing Giggeys car and I spent $17,500 of my own money on parts. so I know what type of a person I am and I am quite sick of the negative crap sling posters like you have become. I lost money dealing with you!

Last edited:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has been by far the worst purchase experience of my life. Come on Steve, quit playing games with me and your inability to honestly communicate. The last email you sent included install pdfs and pics, no UPS tracking information whatsoever! Stop with the repeated empty promises and ship my order NOW.

I phoned and left you a few messages and emailed a bunch of tracking #'s

You will have complete delivery of your econo BBK and coilovers this week.

For some reason teh CC charge ended up having a 30% holdback for 30 days, why, I don't know, could never get an explanation.

Brembo was slow in shipping the 2 calipers, all the rest is in transit

Thanks

Steve

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken,

Go poach someone elses thread, maybe a lot of the items here are being held up because of a supplier of mines recent back surgery that has sowed down production. In fact M even said to me "throw me under the bus" and I said NO, I don't do that.

Maybe it is time for you to "get a life", life is good!

Try to do something positive for a change, I personally spent 280 hours in March building and finalizing Giggeys car and I spent $17,500 of my own money on parts. so I know what type of a person I am and I am quite sick of the negative crap sling posters like you have become. I lost money dealing with you!

I have every right to complain about your customer service because IT *****! Promises upon promises upon freakin' promises...then when the product finally arrives...IT *****. Good luck with your endeavors...I hope you can deliver quality parts in the future!

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update for Day 42 since placing my order with Steve Prescott. Yesterday I received my first package, the adapter brackets for the front calipers. Unfortunately, the brackets were machined incorrectly and I’ll be tossing them in the recycle bin. On Sunday I received a phone call from Mark at IPSCO (he makes these adapter brackets and e-brakes for multiple vendors) telling me the brackets were wrong. Really nice talking with Mark and glad I did since my request to Steve to customize the e-brake caliper never trickled down to Mark. He really went out of his way to alert customers affected by this bracket issue. Mark is recovering from surgery which is the reason for the bracket delays, and his machinist simply had a human moment when setting up to fabricate the [incorrect] brackets. I didn't hear a peep from Steve on this issue.

So at Day 42 I have nothing to show for my $3800 other than a pair of useless front adapter brackets.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Richard

The package you received so far is your Rear brackets for the econo BBK - These shipped from me, these brackets are the 13 inch rear brackets and they are good, do not throw these out they were delivered to you on UPS waybil # 1ZWF37380398065811

The brackets that Mark phoned you about are still in transit and are the brackets NOT TO USE under UPS waybil #1Z72Y92F0394568707

There is also a package on a fedex truck under waybil #026758615010683

I have emailed you the track # of the new Black Brembo calipers as well

Just a reminder that you were getting your own pads for your calipers as you wanted to match them to your previous (Hawks) you already have.

As for the custom park brakes, the engraving (custom part) was never quoted or charged for

you bought the Econo BBK less pads for $2400, $100 off fro the pad delete.
you bought the billet Coilovers, lowered for $1400 including shipping, discounted by $135.00

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Day 43 (Tuesday 4/9) update: Received a pair of front rotors from VPA. Hoping to receive ‘soon’ the front calipers, front caliper brackets, rear e-brake calipers,and four coilovers.

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a reminder that you were getting your own pads for your calipers as you wanted to match them to your previous (Hawks) you already have.

As for the custom park brakes, the engraving (custom part) was never quoted or charged for

you bought the Econo BBK less pads for $2400, $100 off fro the pad delete.
you bought the billet Coilovers, lowered for $1400 including shipping, discounted by $135.00
Not my understanding on both counts, Steve. You offered the discounts after I asked for them given I was purchasing the BBK & coilovers at the same time. I asked for you to substitute the SRT pads with Hawks and I would pay the difference, if any; now you say the discount is for unloaded calipers. That’s not the ‘discount’ I was understanding, Steve. We also talked about, and you agreed to provide, your in-house snakehead design on the e-brake caliper faces. So I am dealing directly with Mark at IPSCO who is customizing my e-brakes with no upcharge (he said he never charges his customers for customization). Mark has been extremely accommodating and offers a refreshing experience.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember our motto at Vipair.
The customer is always wrong, or misunderstood us after we have their money. :2tu:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Day 43 (Tuesday 4/9) update: Received a pair of front rotors from VPA. Hoping to receive ‘soon’ the front calipers, front caliper brackets, rear e-brake calipers,and four coilovers.

Hi Rick,

Yes, the rotors I ordered from VPA for you for the BBK Econo kit showed up. You have tracking numbers on all the other items except for the Park Brake calipers as there are still parts out at the anodizers that need to be used in the assembly of the park brakes.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not my understanding on both counts, Steve. You offered the discounts after I asked for them given I was purchasing the BBK & coilovers at the same time. I asked for you to substitute the SRT pads with Hawks and I would pay the difference, if any; now you say the discount is for unloaded calipers. That’s not the ‘discount’ I was understanding, Steve. We also talked about, and you agreed to provide, your in-house snakehead design on the e-brake caliper faces. So I am dealing directly with Mark at IPSCO who is customizing my e-brakes with no upcharge (he said he never charges his customers for customization). Mark has been extremely accommodating and offers a refreshing experience.

Rick,

The discounted price from $2500 down to $2400 is in direct relation to the fact that you did not want the SRT pads as you had some type of Hawks on the front and you were moving those to the rears and you wanted to match the pads and YES, I said I would help you to find the right Hawks but they will need to be paid for and you already received a $100 credit off the price of the kit to "go towards them"

These Econo BBKS are a kit I put together and invested in committing a substantial amount of money to to secure matching calipers to your stock calipers and put forth a BBK solution for those that want a BBK for less than the comparable Stoptech or other kits out there. In doing so, I co-ordinate the shipping of Rotors and pads from VPA to support the club, I secure real Brembo Callipers that have a regular price of over $600 each, I manufacture in large lots and in advance the brackets for the front and the rear, I co-ordinate the Parke Brake kits and arrange for shipping of all the parts. Some times suppliers have everything ready to go, sometimes it can take weeks for my suppliers to get an order ready and in some cases I drop the ball like with the snake being lasered on the park brake (you are right, there is no charge for that, I do pay for the engraving of logos on the wheel center caps and got temporarily confused on that issue).

I am sorry everything has taken so long on this order, it was not the intent for the econo BBK to take a month plus to ship, but it was not marketed or intended to be an off the shelf item either.

Others that have ordered this kit have received their parts in a week or 2, NextPhase ordered a week ago and he has his rotors (ordered a week after yours were) , brackets (delivered) and calipers on the way (his Brembos shipped the same day as yours as Brembo shipped when they were available, they just happened to be available right after he ordered vs 4 weeks after you ordered) and he will get his park brake once it is finished being assembled by Mark.

A far as I know, I am the only one that is offering a BBK for this price level, and at this pricing there is very little margin in this kit, not nearly the margin of a Stoptech kit, but in my opinion, this is a far superior kit in quality and engineering, the brackets and park brakes that MArk makes for me are far superior to anything out there, the Factory rotors and pads are more than adequate and the name brand Brembo calipers are just that, not copies of Brembos, cast in China and final assembled in Socal like some of the BBK's that everyone "thinks" are American made.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A far as I know, I am the only one that is offering a BBK for this price level,
False and you know why.

and at this pricing there is very little margin in this kit,
True

not nearly the margin of a Stoptech kit, but in my opinion, this is a far superior kit in quality and engineering
False. Stoptech outperforms OEM Brembos a day long. Your kit is a good budget kit but it only brings earlier gens up to newer gens, stoptech upgrades newer gens.

the brackets and park brakes that MArk makes for me are far superior to anything out there
True Mark does great work true, his e brake kit is the best

the Factory rotors and pads are more than adequate and the name brand Brembo calipers are just that, not copies of Brembos, cast in China and final assembled in Socal like some of the BBK's that everyone "thinks" are American made.
True on brembo, true on factory rotors. Stoptech, brembo and other BBKs out there outperform. Great budget kit, not on the same level as the other "non" American made kits though and pricing reflects it. BTW some Brembos are made in USA but its not an American company.

Just some points I noticed. The kit is good, I've been running "Dave's" BBK for many years now. It is the best alternative to spending a ridiculous amount on the aftermarket options. As for the rest of the thread, zero comment.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not false, I have brackets "on the shelf" as I do production runs regularly. There are no other brackets "on the shelf".

Regardless whether they are on the shelf or drop shipped your statement about being the only one out there with the lowest price BBK kit is false. When my kit was ordered it was promptly packaged and DROP shipped. This was back in the times when Dave was around, when customer service was at a much higher standard. I'm not here to attack you, that is pointless as proven in so many threads but I will correct false info that is put out. Don't mislead customers into thinking your kit can compete with kits that cost 2-3 times the value. Its a good kit, don't misunderstand, but not on the level to outperform the other ones or no one would ever upgrade their Oem calipers.

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update for Day 45 since placing my order with Steve Prescott. Calipers arrived today. Waiting for IPSCO font caliper brackets and e-brakes.

Steve Prescott: The UPS tracking number you provided me on April 4 shows that the shipment has not gone past the labeling phase. Where are the coilovers?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless whether they are on the shelf or drop shipped your statement about being the only one out there with the lowest price BBK kit is false. When my kit was ordered it was promptly packaged and DROP shipped. This was back in the times when Dave was around, when customer service was at a much higher standard. I'm not here to attack you, that is pointless as proven in so many threads but I will correct false info that is put out. Don't mislead customers into thinking your kit can compete with kits that cost 2-3 times the value. Its a good kit, don't misunderstand, but not on the level to outperform the other ones or no one would ever upgrade their Oem calipers.

Well,

according to Mark, who makes my Brackets and the DBB brackets, there are nine sets of mine on the shelf and none of the others. So you can dance with your wording all you want but the facts are the facts.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,

according to Mark, who makes my Brackets and the DBB brackets, there are nine sets of mine on the shelf and none of the others. So you can dance with your wording all you want but the facts are the facts.

I'm well aware who makes what and whose design was redone. All BS aside your point is moot, there IS a company that still sells a brake kit cheap and you ARE NOT the only one. As you said, facts are facts. Less time spreading falsehoods, more time working on customer service.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm well aware who makes what and whose design was redone. All BS aside your point is moot, there IS a company that still sells a brake kit cheap and you ARE NOT the only one. As you said, facts are facts. Less time spreading falsehoods, more time working on customer service.

Well, do tell who it is, why hold back?

If you know something that I and my manufacturer do not, then quit claiming my statements are falsehood with innuendo.

Tell us who it is.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know exactly why I can't say who.

So you mean you are heckling me, claiming that Jon the banned guy is who has the brackets?

Why don't you ask KDR83 which brackets he just got from Jon, He got mine as Jon was able to "get in on my production" for one set, I made 10 he snuck in for a set,

Again , just so it is crystal clear...

I have brackets because I make them, the banned one does not.

Here is a pic a Dave's BBK, the pink aluminum rectangular bars being the fronts brackets

Here is a pic of my BBK

Here is a KDR83's thread showing teh brackets he bought form the banned one, NOTE THE OVAL CUT OUT as the BANNED BOY jumped in on my production for 1 set just to UNDERCUT ME!

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads...CR-front-2-piece-rotors?p=3168845#post3168845

Here is a pic of how my front brackets, instead of being a bar that is bolted to the knuckle with 2 bolts is bolted to the knuckle and the hub with 4 bolts, this is much more stable and better for braking and is a much stronger design. You can tell my brackets because the have the oval machined out centers, this lightens and strengthens them, it also opens the bracket up where the flashing is on the rear so less grinding is needed for install.

Last edited:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update for Day 45 since placing my order with Steve Prescott. Calipers arrived today. Waiting for IPSCO font caliper brackets and e-brakes.

Steve Prescott: The UPS tracking number you provided me on April 4 shows that the shipment has not gone past the labeling phase. Where are the coilovers?

Funny, Mark saw this and said to me that he covered it with you on teh phone that the replacement front brackets could be sent right away or could be sent out in a week if he could take the time to anodize them, he said that he also told you that the Park brake would be ready by approx Wed /Thursday coming up. You then said you wanted to wait.

So in effect you are counting down for stuff you already know where it is and when it is coming.....

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not heckling anyone. We have had this conversation before when you advertised your "New Lightweight Kit" and got called out on it because you drilled holes in the original setup and called it your own (By the way I run Dave's BBK and I've installed multiple other sets on people's cars, I am VERY familiar with the setup). Whether or not your kit or the original kit was mailed to the customer is an issue between you, the banned person, and the manufacturer. You claimed back then when you first advertised this kit the other guy no longer sells the kit. I talked to both parties back then including your manufacturer and both said you were full of crap, seems to be your calling card now doesn't it. You can continue to keep coming at me, that's fine, but remember whose name is slandered all over VCA, VA, VG, and Google, but let me guess, that's everyone else's fault though right?

To get back on topic OP I hope you get your parts, if you have gotten everything and your just waiting on Mark your good to go, he has great customer service.

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, Mark saw this and said to me that he covered it with you on teh phone that the replacement front brackets could be sent right away or could be sent out in a week if he could take the time to anodize them, he said that he also told you that the Park brake would be ready by approx Wed /Thursday coming up. You then said you wanted to wait.

So in effect you are counting down for stuff you already know where it is and when it is coming.....
Not quite, Steve Prescott. The tracking number you gave me for YOUR coil overs on April 4 is bogus; so, where is THAT shipment thank you very much?

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked the tracking on the coil-overs and they are scheduled to be at your door on Thursday this week.
I am done with you Steve Prescott, game over. By the end of this month, my creditor will have completed its investigation of the disputed funds taken from my account by you. At that time, the temporary credit that had been applied to my account for the disputed amount will become permanent. You brought this on yourself by your arrogant and disingenuous behavior throughout this ordeal, and you have achieved your objective of alienating another customer.

To the VCA officers: the notion that gifting by Steve Prescott to the VCA supports your continued tolerance of member-on-member abuse by Steve Prescott is shameful. Your obligation to your membership should include full transparency regarding your vendor relationships; internal controls and reporting mechanisms should be in place to prevent any real or perceived inappropriate influence. I was wrong to have expected the VCA to stop enabling Steve Prescott through his presence on our forums, and my membership’s value is severely diminished as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.