Gen 1 Seats -- Driver's Side and Passenger Side interchangable?

jayriddle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greetings,

Are the driver side and passenger side seats in a Gen 1 interchangable? My driver's side seat is really deteriorating, and I'd like extend its life by switching them out and making the driver's side the (rarely used) passenger side seat. Forum search yields some discussions about Gen 1-to-Gen 2 compatibility, but I can't find anything about swapping driver side and passenger side seats in a Gen 1.

Would rather know the answer beforehand rather than pulling the seats only to find they can't be swapped.

Thanks,
Jay R.
Red '94 RT/10
109,000 miles

s66353h

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They can. The seat brackets will have to be swapped, which is easy. The lumbar pumps will be on the other side also. It's an easy swap from side to side though

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'94 .. I do it every three years .... Easy swap. I do it along with my winter maintenance. I swap fluids, Break, Clutch, Coolant, tranny, Diff, Oil...... etc. need it or not.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'94 .. I do it every three years .... Easy swap. I do it along with my winter maintenance. I swap fluids, Break, Clutch, Coolant, tranny, Diff, Oil...... etc. need it or not.

I can honestly say this has never crossed my mind... but it makes total sense.
Glad to see you guys are actually getting the vipers out on the roads enough to have this discussion. :1up:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave