Any custom orders out of 'production scheduled' status

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
300 is for the 150 LE cars, so you're # 120 of 150

Good info. I was wondering how I had 400039, for a solid white car. I thought it was a low number, knowing that 150 blue/white had to be built first. So, I have #39 of the custom order cars.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually Vipers are not numbered by Vin, that is what is unique about the Launch Editions as they mirror the 1996s by having a numbered plaque the same as the Vin number. With a hand built car, though, the number of the Vin rarely matches the actual number as it was built. This is known to old time Viper owners, but many of you are getting your first Snake, so know that that is no necessarily how the cars are built, but more like how they are inputted - just for your information.

Mister Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn now I wanna change my shadow blue into Stryker red! I want no ordinary thing :(

Don't be so sad; Shadow Blue is also very, VERY cool, and much more understated (do you like her in a shimmering red dress, or a dark one?...either way, she is just beautiful). And, based on current orders, your Shadow Blue will be even rarer than Stryker Red...

...which hits on another key point folks: SRT has added a gazillion new options to allow you buyers to configure your Viper just the way you like it! Because this is what you've been telling us for years that you want: you own custom Viper.

Because of this rich and unprecedented option mix, you will see more and more unique, one-off Vipers in the future.

And I can't tell you what is coming, of course, but I can tell you that Ralph and all of SRT are insanely creative, and coming up with new plans every year. The key message is that: If you see exactly what you want out there, available now, then you'd better damn order it quick, 'cause chances are good that we won't be offering that 'color' (or whatever) next year.

Seriously (and thanks for listening). If you want what you see, don't assume it'll be available for years. This is not 1992 folks.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be so sad; Shadow Blue is also very, VERY cool, and much more understated (do you like her in a shimmering red dress, or a dark one?...either way, she is just beautiful). And, based on current orders, your Shadow Blue will be even rarer than Stryker Red...

...which hits on another key point folks: SRT has added a gazillion new options to allow you buyers to configure your Viper just the way you like it! Because this is what you've been telling us for years that you want: you own custom Viper.

Because of this rich and unprecedented option mix, you will see more and more unique, one-off Vipers in the future.

And I can't tell you what is coming, of course, but I can tell you that Ralph and all of SRT are insanely creative, and coming up with new plans every year. The key message is that: If you see exactly what you want out there, available now, then you'd better damn order it quick, 'cause chances are good that we won't be offering that 'color' (or whatever) next year.

Seriously (and thanks for listening). If you want what you see, don't assume it'll be available for years. This is not 1992 folks.
Thank you for your comforting words :D
I'm sure SRT will keep doing the good job they are doing by continous listening to fans.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet Shadow Blue will be even rarer than a Launch Edition esp since you can option her out and choose custom options. Sorts biased, but I'm feelin' the "Mystique" look.:)

laszmann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Today April 3rd the VOTS status just transitioned to Final Inspection. I will report back when it shows up as being shipped.

This morning April 8 the VOTS status flipped over to shipment.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This morning April 8 the VOTS status flipped over to shipment.

Congrats! So of I did math correctly, it took your Stryker Red 2-1/2 weeks from frame to shipment. Hopefully mine will be entering frame status within about a week, as my ship date is estimated at May 1.

Looking forward to pics and stories of your maiden voyage!

laszmann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! So of I did math correctly, it took your Stryker Red 2-1/2 weeks from frame to shipment. Hopefully mine will be entering frame status within about a week, as my ship date is estimated at May 1.

Thanks! Hopefully the process will be gaining efficiency so that everyone will get a chance to enjoy their purchase early this summer.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what does your status say on the VOTS website if you have a ship date of May 1st?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what does your status say on the VOTS website if you have a ship date of May 1st?

It just says "Production Scheduled" on VOTS, nothing else. No date.

But your dealer can look up the POC (Priced Order Confirmation) on his computer for you and tell you the status and delivery date, which is the most up-to-date info. I just called mine today, and he verified that my Est. Ship Date = May 1, and I'm still in Status = D1 - "Gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned."

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn I'm still in "D" status. "D1" status is huge bro!!! you'll have your ride in about 30 days!!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn I'm still in "D" status. "D1" status is huge bro!!! you'll have your ride in about 30 days!!

I'm like a freakin' little kid, I talk about my snake all the time (don't all guys? LOL). I must be driving my girlfriend crazy. So far, she seems pretty excited too. Gotta make sure I don't wear her out on the Viper before it arrives, LOL

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I drove my lady 60 miles yesterday to show her car#14(I had already seen it a few days before too) so i definitely hear ya!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My estimated ship date is 2/27??

It just says "Production Scheduled" on VOTS, nothing else. No date.

But your dealer can look up the POC (Priced Order Confirmation) on his computer for you and tell you the status and delivery date, which is the most up-to-date info. I just called mine today, and he verified that my Est. Ship Date = May 1, and I'm still in Status = D1 - "Gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned."

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have to be getting close to the custom orders. They were at 145 made 2 weeks ago. At 8 a day, they should have built around 250 now. So, hopefully by next week they are on to custom orders.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not that huge, I have been in D1 status since late December!!

Yikes, maybe I won't put too much stock in my delivery date then, based on your D1 status and Jack's 2/27 estimate, LOL.

My estimated delivery date was just added to my order last week, so hopefully they're more accurate now that the factory is in full production mode. We will soon know, as the car is supposed to be shipped in 3 weeks!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have to be getting close to the custom orders. They were at 145 made 2 weeks ago. At 8 a day, they should have built around 250 now. So, hopefully by next week they are on to custom orders.

Any idea how many units will be made for model year 2013 at this point? 500 units? 1000?

I would think not many since they will soon be taking orders for 2014 in what, July?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The POC is not always correct and it is an arcane science to follow the only hand built vehicle with Chrysler. Many vehicles have early estimated shipping dates prior to the delay for CARB. Those have not changed and they are causing confusion to new Dealers. Key word is estimated shipping, and over the years it is easier to give a broad scope to that , as there are numerous reasons why a vehicle might ship sooner or later --- could be dependent on Reliable and where the bulk of shipments may be going for instance.

Last edited:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any idea how many units will be made for model year 2013 at this point? 500 units? 1000?

I would think not many since they will soon be taking orders for 2014 in what, July?

They're running at 12/day now, not 8/day, and they're working Saturdays too. So they're cranking them out.

I had heard about 800 total production of the 2013MY, but I don't know how accurate that is.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spoke to my dealer today and he 'says' he reached out to someone at plant and THEY don't even have info for him..very discouraging
Yikes, maybe I won't put too much stock in my delivery date then, based on your D1 status and Jack's 2/27 estimate, LOL.

My estimated delivery date was just added to my order last week, so hopefully they're more accurate now that the factory is in full production mode. We will soon know, as the car is supposed to be shipped in 3 weeks!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm guessing happy cinco de mayo is out; Think we'll have a Happy Independance Day??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235