Any custom orders out of 'production scheduled' status

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Spot On ViperSmith... The Chrysler systems ID vehicles individually on the LAST EIGHT of the VIN. So when discussing your orders its best to at least put out the last SIX. There are several prefixes 1XXXXX, 2XXXXX, 3XXXXX, 4XXXXX, etc... Some prior years only utilized one.
should be DV

10th character = model year. D = 2013
11th character = plant produced at, V = conner (i assume)

laszmann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those interested in a completed timeline, here is the recap of my Stryker Red build. Nov. 14th order was submitted. Mar. 21st frame status. Mar. 26th trim status. Apr. 3rd final inspection.
Apr. 8th shipment. Apr. 11th arrival at dealer (>1,000 miles). Apr 18th scheduled arrival at my residence (>1,100 miles). VIN = 400085

jennq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yours moved faster than ours. It has been at final inspection now for about 10+ days.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not unusual for Vipers to stay in I status for longer times. This is actually the one stage they will remain in the longest period on average. Part of it is due to the fact that they could change over to KZ at anytime, and if the trucks are backlogged sometimes the vehicles can remain in said status just waiting for openings. We have actually gotten cars over the years that hit KZ the day they arrived here. It is not an exact science with the Viper and never will be, but things are moving quicker now.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guesing by May they should be on to customs. If they start 60 new builds per week they should be able to bang out the remaining LE's & Red Track pack/dealer cars that havent been built yet within the next couple of weeks.

Any idea as to total # of units produced as of today, 4/18/13?

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know, but my LE #101 has been in "Trim" stage for well over a week! Maybe they are on Spring break. :)

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As posted earlier, my target ship date was estimated at Apr 18. That is today. Zero change in status since the first post. No progress made at all. Boooooo

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had heard that there were 41 Vipers 99% built, but waiting for a part that was late. That part came in, so those Vipers should go out now. So hopefully, the floodgates will open and all in the Viper world will get their rides soon

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the CF is proving to be a PITA?

They haven't even started making cars with carbon, and won't for a while yet. I want my car this summer, so I decided against adding any new twists like carbon, which could delay it further.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
They haven't even started making cars with carbon, and won't for a while yet. I want my car this summer, so I decided against adding any new twists like carbon, which could delay it further.

I hope I won't regret my decision to add CF to my order...I figured that by the time my STRYKER RED will be built (as a Canadian car I figure it will be at the end of the run..but I really don't know?!)...CF WILL be available as an option..so I'm going for it!! ! I hope I won't regret that decision!

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be pissed more now if it is June before built. VA car taxes are going up in July... No way I want to give a dime more away.

laszmann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For those interested in a completed timeline, here is the recap of my Stryker Red build. Nov. 14th order was submitted. Mar. 21st frame status. Mar. 26th trim status. Apr. 3rd final inspection.
Apr. 8th shipment. Apr. 11th arrival at dealer (>1,000 miles). Apr 18th scheduled arrival at my residence (>1,100 miles). VIN = 400085

Yesterday this Stryker Red beauty arrived at my house right after our latest snowstorm (dammit). Can't wait to get it out on the road.

You must be registered for see images attach

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
So beautiful.....great picture of the wheels!! they look fabulous!! which are those? also hard to tell..what colour is the interior? (I think they made a mistake (AGAIN!) and sent you my car! LOL!)!!

Last edited:

laszmann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So beautiful.....great picture of the wheels!! they look fabulous!! which are those? also hard to tell..what colour is the interior? (I think they made a mistake (AGAIN!) and sent you my car! LOL!)!!

These are the standard polished GTS wheels. The inside wheel pockets appear to be a light shade of gunmetal gray. The interior is Laguna black w/ red seat belts. All in all I am very pleased with the options chosen. The Stryker Red got this baby on the truck a lot quicker than I expected!

I hope you get yours very soon!

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks..I'm still holding out for the CF option...so it'll be awhile yet! I was hoping those were the polished wheels 'cause I haven't seen them on the car..(that I know of!) and I think they look great!! Great choices!!

Craigers15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry there, didn't see your reply... I didn't get the stripes as this car was a banked unit and my local dealer wanted over msrp for a custom order... Another dealer searched for me and found this banked unit. I jumped on it... Couldn't add the stripes as it was already in D1 status, I was on the fence about stripes anyway. No idea when I'll take delivery. I LOVE those stripes on your avatar pic!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: My estimated ship date has changed from May 1 to May 21. So there's a chance I'll have it by Memorial Day. They updated the Priced Order Confirmation (POC) with this info within the last 2 weeks. So at least they're revising the schedule. I'll take any sign of life at this point, LOL.

You can also get your updated estimated ship date by calling Chrysler at 800-247-9753, and just stay on the line until a live person answers. Both my dealer and this 800 number gave me the same revised ship date. Thanks MoparMan for the tip on this.

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
Will that phone number work for CANADIAN orders..I wonder?!

And congrats on the new date Todd..(light at the end of the tunnel!)>>>??!​

Craigers15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does work for Canadians as well. I just called and the guy couldn't give me an estimated shipping date but told me that they just received all the parts for my vehicle and it will be built very, very shortly. He didn't tell me an exact date. I wonder if they say that to everyone that calls. My estimated build date was supposed to be May 20.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Maureen, light at the end of the tunnel! Well, it's kind of a dim light, at least I think it's a light. Hope it's not just a firefly buzzing around. As long as I have the car by end of June for my Laguna Seca weekend, it's all good.

Craigers15, that's good news that they say they've got all your parts. Hopefully that means the custom orders are going to begin soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave