Any custom orders out of 'production scheduled' status

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anyone who placed a custom order (not the first 150 LE or red track cars) out of the 'production scheduled' status? Or was anyone given a tentative delivery date? Have not heard anything from my dealer and I placed my order the first day it was open back in November!! Thanks guys!!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Priced Order Confirmation (POC) now shows status D1, with a ship date of May 1. Your dealer should be able to print out a current POC, with the latest info on your order.

The VOTS site still just says Production Scheduled status, with no indication of ship date. I too ordered the morning of the first day that ordering opened, in November.

laszmann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I placed my order for a custom stryker red GTS on November 14th. On March 21st it first appeared in frame status. On March 26th it flipped over to trim status which is where it currently sits. I am assuming that it has to be close to being finished.

I hope that this information helps.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I placed my order for a custom stryker red GTS on November 14th. On March 21st it first appeared in frame status. On March 26th it flipped over to trim status which is where it currently sits. I am assuming that it has to be close to being finished.

That's awesome, it will be any day now, for you! Post up pics when your snake rolls in.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think someone speculated they are mixing the strykers in with the initial cars - seems to be true.

I just need to email Bernie and ask a lot mine - but I know ill just start fretting over the date once I know.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
todd whats "D1" status stand for? I'll inquire with my POC too but i suspect I'll be close to u since our VIN's are back to back. good stuff. May 1 is only a month from today and I was planning on June delivery so that works for me!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are some Strykers done --- just waiting to ship , so that is no rumor that they were mixing them in !! Could have some any day.

Keep in mind that the Delivery date is just Estimated, so make sure your Dealer monitors often. Not unusual for the date to change , but it is easier to view by letter designation. Once in KZ ( shipping status ) , Vipers generally get to a Dealer much quicker than a normal vehicle since they aren't awaiting shipment by rail.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
todd whats "D1" status stand for? I'll inquire with my POC too but i suspect I'll be close to u since our VIN's are back to back. good stuff. May 1 is only a month from today and I was planning on June delivery so that works for me!

Hi Rick,

MY POC says, "Status: D1 - Gateline: Plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned."

It also says, "Estimated Ship Date: 2013-05-01 1:00 AM." Damn those guys work late!

So now you know what I know.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are some Strykers done --- just waiting to ship , so that is no rumor that they were mixing them in !! Could have some any day.

Keep in mind that the Delivery date is just Estimated, so make sure your Dealer monitors often. Not unusual for the date to change , but it is easier to view by letter designation. Once in KZ ( shipping status ) , Vipers generally get to a Dealer much quicker than a normal vehicle since they aren't awaiting shipment by rail.

Out of curiosity, when are you expecting your first custom orders (Non-stryker's) in?

Mister Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Bill, as usual, you offer sage advice. We do have a few Strykers preparing to ship directly to you at Woodhouse, by the way.

We in Engineering are trying to build more Stryker Reds. But this gorgeous color is very, very, VERY (did I mention 'very') difficult to get just right. Right now we can only make about 1 per week, but it is just stunning when we do. Actually, beyond stunning. Other paint colors feel sadly ordinary.

Like fighter jets, Vipers are incredible statements about America's capability, and I'm very proud that we are delivering cars of unparalleled paint quality on the new Gen 5 Viper. Please grant us a little extra time to produce these Stryker Red units, thanks.

(and thanks for listening)

We have mixed in as many Striker Red cars as we can manage, and are trying to get more. But due to the complexity of the color, there will never be a lot of 'Stryker' shades... we have committed 22 so far this year, and if production allows, perhaps we'll offer up to 50 - but that will be around the limit. Maybe less...

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill, as usual, you offer sage advice. We do have a few Strykers preparing to ship directly to you at Woodhouse, by the way.

We in Engineering are trying to build more Stryker Reds. But this gorgeous color is very, very, VERY (did I mention 'very') difficult to get just right. Right now we can only make about 1 per week, but it is just stunning when we do. Actually, beyond stunning. Other paint colors feel sadly ordinary.

Like fighter jets, Vipers are incredible statements about America's capability, and I'm very proud that we are delivering cars of unparalleled paint quality on the new Gen 5 Viper. Please grant us a little extra time to produce these Stryker Red units, thanks.

(and thanks for listening)

We have mixed in as many Striker Red cars as we can manage, and are trying to get more. But due to the complexity of the color, there will never be a lot of 'Stryker' shades... we have committed 22 so far this year, and if production allows, perhaps we'll offer up to 50 - but that will be around the limit. Maybe less...

Damn now I wanna change my shadow blue into Stryker red! I want no ordinary thing :(

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shadow Blue Pearl & Stryker Red are two of the best colors IMO. Why else use them in marketing with Jay Leno, Michael Andretti on Speed TV, Tommy Kimball, and on Top Gear. It's because they're great colors. Deep, mature subtle and elegant.

The other colors are great too. I've seen shots of the CEO's white one & it's really sharp. I don't think I've seen a color that looks just "ordinary."

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My custom order (solid white SRT, track pack, black leather) is at D1 status also. Says estimated ship date is Apr 18!

VIN 400039

Where are you guys getting these updates? Somewhere I can look online? Dealer gave me this recent update.

jennq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Our B/W LE has been at "Trim" for a week now. sigh...

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My LE is still in "production scheduled"....#101. What # is yours?

Brian, have you asked your dealer? Your dealer can get an updated ship date from the POC (Priced Order Confirmation). The VOTS site doesn't tell you much, and I'm not sure if it's as up to date as the POC.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My custom order (solid white SRT, track pack, black leather) is at D1 status also. Says estimated ship date is Apr 18!

VIN 400039

Where are you guys getting these updates? Somewhere I can look online? Dealer gave me this recent update.

Righteous! You'll have your machine before you know it!

The dealer has the best info. You can check on the Chrysler VOTS site, but it doesn't have the detail that your dealer does.

https://www.chrysler.com/vots/

laszmann

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Today April 3rd the VOTS status just transitioned to Final Inspection. I will report back when it shows up as being shipped.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian, have you asked your dealer? Your dealer can get an updated ship date from the POC (Priced Order Confirmation). The VOTS site doesn't tell you much, and I'm not sure if it's as up to date as the POC.

Ironically, I just went to "FRAME". Starting to question the B/W.....Stryker Red has grown on me....you lucky dog. :D

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The site asks to enter the last 8 digits of the VIN, I know mine ends with 400496.
What are the 2 digits missing that come before, or the first sequence of the whole VIN ?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ironically, I just went to "FRAME". Starting to question the B/W.....Stryker Red has grown on me....you lucky dog. :D

Haha, that's funny because the B/W has been growing on me too- striking color combo. I enjoyed Graham's (Mister Viper's) commentary about the B/W being America's heritage racing colors. I knew that, but didn't realize that was the inspiration behind the LE on the Viper. very cool.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, that's funny because the B/W has been growing on me too- striking color combo. I enjoyed Graham's (Mister Viper's) commentary about the B/W being America's heritage racing colors. I knew that, but didn't realize that was the inspiration behind the LE on the Viper. very cool.

Oh okay, wanna trade then? :)