And so it begins *** DEALER MARKUP***

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just drove 30min to go visit Criswell Dodge in Gaithersburg MD. They have a Red SRT+TrackPack.

Finally, finally, finally got to sit in the 2013 Viper.

Need to go change my pants now, now I just want mine!!!!

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The interior is a grand slam, SRT did a great job. Even the base SRT with upgraded leather seats is a pure winner.

Puts my BMW to shame!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The interior is a grand slam, SRT did a great job. Even the base SRT with upgraded leather seats is a pure winner.

Puts my BMW to shame!

I'm telling you, a friend of mine has owned late model Ferraris, a Lambo, Porsches, and other super cars. This Viper interior is up there with theirs. Oh, and the smell...

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't put money down, you're gonna be so upside down in that situation, you'll never be able to trade it in without putting money into it to give it away. :omg:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO if u need to finance it, you cant afford the car, regardless of price and even with a low rate

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO if u need to finance it, you cant afford the car, regardless of price and even with a low rate

This theory works if you apply it to every car. So if the average middle class American finances a Kia, that means he can't afford it.......LOL.

mike1kmc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can honestly say that marking up the Viper is the worst thing ANYONE can do. It sends a bad name to those of us that are selling them at the right price (sticker with NO mark-up )

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not going to say financing a Viper is okay, but you should note that if financing wasn't an option, no performance car would ever sell enough models to survive. I have spoken with a Lambo salesman before and he stated most Gallardo sales go to a mid-thirties male making $150k a year taking out a 10 year loan to pay for it. The Gen V is no different. It needs many of that buyer to survive. I won't be one of them though....

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well My Lambo and my Viper have zero note on them and I'm that age group. I also know at least a dozen other Lamborghini owners whom own their car outright. Lamborghini Houston, right near you always has a great inventory and sells at reasonable prices, so I'm surprised. I guess the difference is I'm not in that low income level. a new gallardo is $230k; someone earning $150k cant afford it; bet Suzy Orman would agree. ;)

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well My Lambo and my Viper have zero note on them and I'm that age group. I also know at least a dozen other Lamborghini owners whom own their car outright. Lamborghini Houston, right near you always has a great inventory and sells at reasonable prices, so I'm surprised. I guess the difference is I'm not in that low income level. a new gallardo is $230k; someone earning $150k cant afford it; bet Suzy Orman would agree. ;)

Many aren't as blessed as you and your friends. Auto manufacturers would go bankrupt without the use of buyers' credit.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "all financing is bad" is a bit short sighted.

Leasing/financing for business use makes great sense.

Which, is what I am doing :D

Thank you, tax deductions for qualified business use.

Now, putting nothing down on a $100k car, thats a bit worrisome.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many aren't as blessed as you and your friends. Auto manufacturers would go bankrupt without the use of buyers' credit.

We'd, or at least I'd, admit to 10% of being blessed. But honestly 90% was and is hard work, effort and sacrifice.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "all financing is bad" is a bit short sighted.

Leasing/financing for business use makes great sense.

Which, is what I am doing :D

Thank you, tax deductions for qualified business use.

Now, putting nothing down on a $100k car, thats a bit worrisome.

Great point about leasing. And even though there are usually mileage restrictions, exotics usually arent driven more than a few thousand miles annually anyway.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAuto manufacturers would go bankrupt without the use of buyers' credit.[/QUOTE said:
Auto Manufacturers DID go Bankrupt, one of which is pretty close to home here. I understand that without bailout money we wouldnt have the new Viper. But IMO the idea that someone or something is too big to fail is a very unamerican idea. But thats another story......

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any way I can keep my hard earned cash out of Uncle Sams dirty hands, I will!

I hear ya. And those dirty hands arent only in our pockets...they're in many future generations' ones. But that too is another story......

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a few more snapshots, including a couple of the NorCal VCA getting ready to roll to see the Gen V's. I can see why the dealer demos are Adrenaline Red. I had seen a red one with black stripes and it didn't work for me. But this car, with the Sepia, is breathtaking. As is the LE, another one of my favorites.

You must be registered for see images attach

There's so much "win" in these pics. I saw a very similar display at a local dealership. rock on.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the current administration wants to make success punishable by fine. This is IMO the least American notion of them all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R