New owner, from France ;)

killyox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
New owner ... well, not really :D
In fact, I'm a Viper owner for now a little more than 3 years, and still addicted to the snake !

I have a beautiful 1996 GTS, so blue with white stripes that comes from Florida.
I've made little modification on it, like ACR wheels, Borla cat back, ROE high flow and Belanger headers.

You must be registered for see images

I'm here mainly to discover more in detail the VCA forum, and have more info about Viper, because in France it's quite difficult to have any information about parts, modifications or anything relating to the Viper.

And also excuse my English, I do my best but for sure I will me mistake :guilty:

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Serpiente magnífica!! Beautiful car indeed!! Welcome to the best source of Viper information on the planet. Your English seems fine (at least you are not from Remulac!). :D

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!
Beautiful car you have there.
Try getting familiar with the search function at the top right... you can even click the advanced button to refine your searches. You'll find many threads with alot of great info about your car.
Mike

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing Dodge Viper is an international wonder!!! Beautifull car. Welcome to the club. May i ask how much you guys pay for a liter of premium gas?:omg:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome!! Your car looks absolutely fantastic with those wheels! I was in France once in 2007 and actually saw a red RT/10. I was very surprised because they must be very rare in the area.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What type of certifications or emissions requirements, if any, did you have to meet to get the car imported to France from USA? Welcome aboard! You probably draw a crowd where ever you park the car!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome from across the channel ..........

Nice looking GTS....

Get yourself to Le-Mans 24hrs this year SRT are back with the new GTS-R , Plenty of VCA members atending ..
Baz

OP
OP
K

killyox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the welcome ;)
I will try to answer all your questions, starting by the sad French reality about gas price :

... May i ask how much you guys pay for a liter of premium gas?:omg:

Currently the price for 1 liter of unloaded 95 is 1,59€ ($2,06) and unloaded 98 is 1,70€ ($2,21).
In the US the price is for 1 galon so to compare 1 galon of unloaded 95 is around $5,85 and 98 $5,995.

What is the average price in US ?

OP
OP
K

killyox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome!! Your car looks absolutely fantastic with those wheels! I was in France once in 2007 and actually saw a red RT/10. I was very surprised because they must be very rare in the area.

This is true, there is very few Viper in France, it is really not usual to see one of them.
With the French viper club, we had our bigger meeting last year in "Le Mans Classic" where there was 30 Viper (maybe small meeting for you, but a lot for us :D)

(only 15 on the picture, it was the first day)

OP
OP
K

killyox

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What type of certifications or emissions requirements, if any, did you have to meet to get the car imported to France from USA? Welcome aboard! You probably draw a crowd where ever you park the car!

In fact it's a little difficult and it takes time to have the official "French tittle".
You first have to receive the car in France, and the first thing to do is to pay 30% taxes of the global car price, including shipping cost :omg: (10% for customs, and 19,6% of VAT).

Then you have to ask to the car manufacturer the official building certificate that indicate which law and specifications they respect in building the vehicle.
For all CE requirements that are not respected you have to go to the DREAL, where they tell you what kind of test you have to perform, what are the limit and what exemption they accept (mainly safety items like seat belts that doesn't have the CE marking ...)
Then you have to modify the car to be in accordance with all the requirements, like :
- Add one rear fog light
- Modify the front light (blinkers and pilot light - not sure of the english terms)
- Modify air intake (noise reduction)
- Modify all the exhaust system (noise reduction)

Then you go to the UTAC to perform all the test, and you hope to be in the acceptable limits (main difficult test are pollution and noise)
When you receive good test results, you give it to the DREAL to receive the paper that allow you to ask for the tittle.
(all the certification process cost approximately 2500 / 3000€)

Finally you go to the administrative department that deliver the tittle, you pay another taxe (800€) and you receive the paper !!!

This procedure takes from 2 months to more then a year, depending on the test results and also the efficiency of administrative workers :D :D :D

So you have to be REALLY motivated to have a Viper in France :D

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fact it's a little difficult and it takes time to have the official "French tittle".
You first have to receive the car in France, and the first thing to do is to pay 30% taxes of the global car price, including shipping cost :omg: (10% for customs, and 19,6% of VAT).

Then you have to ask to the car manufacturer the official building certificate that indicate which law and specifications they respect in building the vehicle.
For all CE requirements that are not respected you have to go to the DREAL, where they tell you what kind of test you have to perform, what are the limit and what exemption they accept (mainly safety items like seat belts that doesn't have the CE marking ...)
Then you have to modify the car to be in accordance with all the requirements, like :
- Add one rear fog light
- Modify the front light (blinkers and pilot light - not sure of the english terms)
- Modify air intake (noise reduction)
- Modify all the exhaust system (noise reduction)

Then you go to the UTAC to perform all the test, and you hope to be in the acceptable limits (main difficult test are pollution and noise)
When you receive good test results, you give it to the DREAL to receive the paper that allow you to ask for the tittle.
(all the certification process cost approximately 2500 / 3000€)

Finally you go to the administrative department that deliver the tittle, you pay another taxe (800€) and you receive the paper !!!

This procedure takes from 2 months to more then a year, depending on the test results and also the efficiency of administrative workers :D :D :D

So you have to be REALLY motivated to have a Viper in France :D

Wow. Sounds like a nightmare you have to deal with plus a lot of $$$$$. Gas here is about $2 cheaper per gallon. But the way things are going with Obama and his party who only knows what is going to happen.:(

Again awesome car.

Viper Club HQ

Viper Club of America Business Office
VCA Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper Club of America website!

We hope you are enjoying LeMans and sounds like Michel may be posting on the VCA site very soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth