First crashed Gen V on public roads?

Tommii

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Condolences to the family.

You can't really tell what can happen when you lose control of a beautiful viper. The major factor is the guard, as high velocity will ********* any material it goes through, they need a really big change in it as more people in different types of vehicle can get seriously injured over one wire going through their car.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Tragic news and very sad. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and co-workers.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They really need to reasses the use of those cable guards....just horrific. May God bless his family for quick emotional healing. I really feel for them.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looks familiar. I think he may have been at VOI. Very sad. Our prayers our with his family.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just don't rely on them, or you may end up like this poor gentleman. *Not saying that's what caused accident*

Prayers for the man and his family.
Is it legal to stop on a ramp and then accelerate in such a fashion on the freeway? In my state every motorist has a statutory duty to maintain control of his vehicle at all times.

Either way the answer won't bring back a life. Very sad indeed.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were just installed here and are still installing them. We have had numerous accidents where vehicles on I540 cross over to the other side; but, I have always wondered if those were the best barriers. And apparently, they aren't.

I sent a link of this to a local TV station asking them to do a piece on it.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Condolences for his loved ones. It was a horrific accident, very sad.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This makes me angry. A very obvious possibility with this type of barrier.

I know they are used at race tracks up high, but that is part of a much more comprehensive safety system, even then they are used so as to not obstruct the view, not because they are the best barrier.

Condolences for his loved ones and the Chrysler crew.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very very sad ....... RIP....

Apparently he left behind four children at least. Rest in peace Mr. Morse.

morse.jpg
[/QUOTE]

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please, can we focus on the loss here and not get into an engineering discussion over the merit of cable restraints ?

I realize that we probably have some traffic engineering experts on the subject here; but please start another thread on that subject so that the experts can have had it.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His family, SRT, Chrysler and the Viper nation have had a loss. Grieving is necessary for that which will be no more and that which will not be coming. Celebration of his life is also necessary! :usa:

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
challengerta:3171948 said:
Very sad. My deepest sympathies.
I'm sure many head on collisions and related deaths/injuries have been prevented by these cables.
This accident could have easily injured/killed others if the Viper had crossed over.
Unfortunately you are very correct in your assessment.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel sorry for this loss.
But the below statement is strange!
"stopped for unknown reasons, and then accelerated onto the freeway. He reportedly lost control of the Viper and crashed into the median fence. Police say it is unclear why this happened and said "a medical cause is possible."
And that picture really gave me the creeps! I can't understand the preference of the cables over barriers?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper