Trunk space, convertible

Squidbilly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 04 has been sitting in storage on the other side of the country, and I'm going to go get it.

I remember space was pretty tight, but not sure how tight? Is there enough room for a pair of carry-on rollers?

RolandDV

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Depends on how big they are. I have a pair of small Samsonite rollers (for me and my wife) and that is ok when we go out for a weekend. When we go on holiday I use 2 large sportsbags as they are flexible and fit better to the contours of the trunk.

regards from Belgium, Roland

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small rollers, like the ones that fit in airlines overheads fit fine, but the larger Samsonite hard cases will not work.
Worst case is to forget the suit cases and just fill the trunk with stuff, and take in each night what you will need.

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just sold my 06 vert, definately could NOT get two 22" rollaboards, maybe two 20" but not sure. Neither is a good solution as thay are too rigid. Definately can get two large sports bags as you can stuff them in the corners. Add a couple of supermarket carry bags and you are good to go.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have just sold my 06 vert, definately could NOT get two 22" rollaboards, maybe two 20" but not sure. Neither is a good solution as thay are too rigid. Definately can get two large sports bags as you can stuff them in the corners. Add a couple of supermarket carry bags and you are good to go.

Definitely use the bags. That way you don't waste any space, since the bag can be compressed if it isn't **** full. So then you just pile whatever is left on top of the bags. And a bag will fit more than a carry on suitcase anyway.

RolandDV

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I mostly drive at night here in Europe when we go on holiday so there is less traffic. If we go on longer holidys and we stay at the same place I put stuff in 2 backpacks and they go in the storage box behind the seats where normaly the roof folds up. Maybe that is a possibility too to add some extra luggage.

Roland

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the top up, you can use the space between the seats and back window. Found that out on the way back from VOI. Great for smaller flexible items

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thoughts on flexible bags versus rigid. In my world traveling days I learned to pack and repackage about 6 times and still brought too much. My point is don't bring too much, problem solved!

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we went to the last two VOI's we shipped the majority of our luggage with UPS. They have special luggage boxes that are resusable and because they are a standard size, not that expensive, under $20 each way.

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Typically one carry-on roller and a medium sized duffel bag. My counter-part from Japan wanted me to pick him up at the airport in my Viper so badly he traveled with a duffel-bag :D

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares about trunk storage? What will be next? ADA compliance to enter/exit Viper? Gas mileage?:omg:

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was shocked how small the trunk was on my old SRT10 when I first opened it considering how big the trunk lid is

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too much wasted space with hard shell cases in a viper trunk.
I literally carried twice as much stuff by switching everything to duffle bags for voi 12.

labtec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my wife's solution is to just buy all new clothes when we get there....and of course all required accessories like jewelry :omg:

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grocery store? Is this a Corvette forum?:rolleyes:

I was going to say the gym, but I imagine that's too foriegn of a place for most people here.

Either way, if you're leaving town, you need to bring stuff. No 2 ways about it really. I know I would be pretty annoyed if I was OP and brought my suitcase to pick up my car, only to find out I had to unpack everything into the trunk and throw the suitcase in the garbage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave