Frame rails

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
anybody have a pic of the underneath of the viper showing exactly where the frame is? I am basically looking for some options of where to jack the car up so i can use the 4 triangular jack points for jack stands. thanks for the info!
-Rich
2008 ACR
:drive:

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a couple I've come across:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interesting. Is that a oil cooler near the diff on the first pic? Love the drive shaft!!! What's with the second pic? Looks like the side sills are missing with a nice oil pan!!!!!

OP
OP
R

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those pics are helpful thanks. Is there any frame rail between the 2 triangular jack points, running parallel to the side sills?

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not jack the car between the two jack points as it is all belly/floor pan in that area. Plenty of access to frame rails from the rear tire back. I usually jack by the designated triangular points and then set jack stands under the rear frame rails (lower car onto the stands). You can also jack up the entire side by one jack point and slide a jack stand under the other (they are, however, small targets).

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've wondered if it's safe to jack it up from the diff like I've always done with my trucks? It'd be quicker to pop off both rear wheels for a quick wash. I hope I did'nt just ask something really stupid and basic.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When ever I jack up the rear using the frame rail (one side) both tires come off the ground. I've jacked other cars using the diff, but I don't see the need with the Viper.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've wondered if it's safe to jack it up from the diff like I've always done with my trucks? It'd be quicker to pop off both rear wheels for a quick wash. I hope I did'nt just ask something really stupid and basic.

The belly pan would prevent you from being able to do that, but you wouldn't want to do that anyway. The frame rails that run on either side are a better choice.

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you see the square hole in the bellypan right behind the diff case in the second picture. Now, if you use the rear a-arm mount as a reference, look at he top picture. The hole in the pan lines up with the cross member running behind the diff. I've always used a rubber pad and put my race jack at the hole to lift the rear from the center so I could put it on jack stands at the rear side triangles.

I always figured that's why that hole in the pan was there... There's nothing else besides that cross member accessable from it.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you see the square hole in the bellypan right behind the diff case in the second picture. Now, if you use the rear a-arm mount as a reference, look at he top picture. The hole in the pan lines up with the cross member running behind the diff. I've always used a rubber pad and put my race jack at the hole to lift the rear from the center so I could put it on jack stands at the rear side triangles.

I always figured that's why that hole in the pan was there... There's nothing else besides that cross member accessable from it.
This is what I use to lift my car as well, I cut a hockey puck in a square to fit in the opening, then I use the jacking points to use jack stands.

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for the most appropriate spot to insert tie-down hooks into the frame of my 2009 ACR. In the top photo there are slots in the rear frame rail just about opposite the A-struts for the rear wheels. There are similar slots in the front that can be seen in the bottom photo. Are these the best locations for inserting the R-hooks or are there others I am unaware of?
Thanks,
PAVenomRT/10