Paxton oil return leaking

rhallman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed a small amount of oil under the car over the past month and found that the oil return line that comes off the paxton is seeping a small amount of oil at the fitting that goes into the supercharger.

The instructions say not to use teflon tape on the threads, but is there a big problem in doing this? If so...what other options do I have?

Thanks...Rich

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They make a teflon paste also. Most of the threads on those fittings should be pipe thread. So as it tightens it seals. I think it says no tape as some over do it and the tape can cause a restriction or clog small oil passages if over applied.

If it's an AN pointed cone head on the end then you Definantly do not use anything on those fittings. ...

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What type of fitting is it? Teflon tape is generally not recommended in applications where a small piece can break off and possibly find its way into moving parts...if that's the case, you'd use the liquid/paste version available at any auto parts store. If it is an NPT (pipe thread) fitting with tapered threads that relies on the threads themselves to do the sealing, some type of tape/paste is required. If it is a fitting that uses a conical seat of some sort to seal (like an AN fitting with a 37° flare), tape/paste should NOT be used.

*Edit* Dester beat me to the punch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62