Another first timer in a GEN3.

g3t_t0rk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A couple of my friends invited me to an outing at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA and I decided to go. Been itching to see what I could do. I've only been to a drag strip once before and that was in my '08 Honda S2000. Needless to say, the run in the Viper was a lot faster haha. I only got 4 runs in but I'm pretty happy with what I've done. I did a lot of reading before going and the best advice I got was to launch around 3000 rpms and slowly let the clutch out which is exactly what I did on my 4th run. Honestly I think I can do a 11.5 no problem with some more seat time. Also I think launching at 3500 would be more effective. Anyways, here are the numbers!

Car - 2005 Dodge Viper SRT10
Mods - Woodhouse polyurethane engine/trans mounts. Mopar race exhaust. K&N intake. Nitto Invos. She put down 454whp/486wtq bone stock.

1st run - I blew the tires off and misshifted 3rd. Did a 12.402 @ 116.68 with a 2.066 60 ft.
2nd run - Still blew the tires off but I shifted perfectly. Did a 12.076 @ 123.44 with a 2.171 60 ft.
3rd run - Getting better! But still spinning. Did a 11.969 @ 121.59 with a 2.073 60 ft.
4th run - Finally did a decent launch! But I bogged her down to 2k rpms :/. This was my last run. I am car #196. 11.715 @ 122.01 with a 1.827 60 ft.

You must be registered for see images

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great job! Do you have stock gears? Totally stock car except for your mods listed above? What did you run for psi in your INVO's? I'm thinking about taking a few passes at the local drag strip and I have the same tires.

brifri11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also, on your shift to 2nd did you spin your tires? Did you shift at redline? When I went I always spun into 2nd... Maybe its the track?

OP
OP
G

g3t_t0rk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great job! Do you have stock gears? Totally stock car except for your mods listed above? What did you run for psi in your INVO's? I'm thinking about taking a few passes at the local drag strip and I have the same tires.

Yes I still have the factory 3.07's. I dropped the psi to 25 for the last run. My advice is to drop the psi and do a nice 4-5 second burnout. No need to do a brakestand, just clean off the tires and warm them up real good.

Also, on your shift to 2nd did you spin your tires? Did you shift at redline? When I went I always spun into 2nd... Maybe its the track?

I did spin a bit on the 1-2 shift. The gen 3 motors you really have to wring out so I do wait to shift at redline. I actually recently learned how to no-lift shift! I want to get back down to the track. I'm hoping for 11.3's :)

not bad at all for the mods.

Thanks!

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to your Dyno numbers and mods, your right on track along with your good driving. I would also say some 11.5's are good to go with a little more seat time. Good job getting it down the track! Fun!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave