Any way to raise the front to enter steeper drives/speed bumps?

qurtrn10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When looking at a SL65, I loved that there was a button to raise or lower the front for entry into steep driveways, businesses, speed bumps, etc. I know the SRT 10 doesn't have that stock, but I wonder if there is a (relatively) simple solution for this. A few thousand dollars would be recouped pretty quickly by saving multiple repaints of the front bumper and having to drive around with a scraped up front end in between trips to the paint booth.
I'm expecting to get a '03-'06 around the end of June, and want to have all my preliminary mods planned out to be done immediately.
Thanks,
William

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Some of that may depend on what sort of ride height you're looking for. My stock 04 has surprised me on multiple occasions with the nose clearance it has. My mom's 94 will scrape if you run over a rock, but I think it's because the front end of the car is further ahead of the wheels or something. I've made it up some pretty steep slopes without issue. I generally take them at an angle to reduce the possibility of damage though. If you plan to drop it any though then a lift setup would make sense. Stock you might be surprised. We have a 99 Vette that's way worse than my Viper because the stock plastic lip spoiler on the bottom sticks straight down. It'll scrape if you pull into the driveway at a moderate speed.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of that may depend on what sort of ride height you're looking for. My stock 04 has surprised me on multiple occasions with the nose clearance it has. My mom's 94 will scrape if you run over a rock, but I think it's because the front end of the car is further ahead of the wheels or something. I've made it up some pretty steep slopes without issue. I generally take them at an angle to reduce the possibility of damage though. If you plan to drop it any though then a lift setup would make sense. Stock you might be surprised. We have a 99 Vette that's way worse than my Viper because the stock plastic lip spoiler on the bottom sticks straight down. It'll scrape if you pull into the driveway at a moderate speed.
Vette air dam is flexible and cheap to replace so no big deal, great curb finder too.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When looking at a SL65, I loved that there was a button to raise or lower the front for entry into steep driveways, businesses, speed bumps, etc. I know the SRT 10 doesn't have that stock, but I wonder if there is a (relatively) simple solution for this. A few thousand dollars would be recouped pretty quickly by saving multiple repaints of the front bumper and having to drive around with a scraped up front end in between trips to the paint booth.
I'm expecting to get a '03-'06 around the end of June, and want to have all my preliminary mods planned out to be done immediately.
Thanks,
William
bag it:2tu:

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive seen a picture of a bagged viper, it was a srt10, it was actually for sale recently

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Vette air dam is flexible and cheap to replace so no big deal, great curb finder too.

Haha, agreed. It just always makes you cringe a little when you hear a scrape like that. The Viper noses actually hold up pretty well, aside from losing some paint. The good news is at least they won't rust if they do get some rash on them. Hurray for composites!

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha, agreed. It just always makes you cringe a little when you hear a scrape like that. The Viper noses actually hold up pretty well, aside from losing some paint. The good news is at least they won't rust if they do get some rash on them. Hurray for composites!
Yeah, the sound is aweful, although not as nearly as aweful as when the ground effects or the bumper scrape.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take the money and redo the driveway :)
This is what I did, the problem is with everywhere else, including speed bumps. What could work though would be to plan a route ahead of time, hire a crew and have them fix all problems before you drive there:D

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive seen a picture of a bagged viper, it was a srt10, it was actually for sale recently
I am surprised none of the vendors came up with a kit yet, should not be that tough to do, I was thinking about it, including using a compressed air tank only to save the weight and noise of compressor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave