ACR convertible project

Raven2k8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a silver 2004 Viper that is a magnet to people reversing into my front bumper. A month ago my car got reversed into again at a stop sign so I have to repaint my front bumper. I decided this time to have the center of the car painted black with the offset silver stripe. I called Steve at Vipair and asked him about the 2008 hood. I ordered the hood and while talking to him I mentioned how I was getting rid of my HRE 20/19 setup because of traction issues and going down to 18" oz wheels. I knew I would need the parking brake kit to fit 18" wheels and Steve told me he had put 18" wheels on his car and ended up not using the parking brake blocks he had ordered. Steve sent me the blocks at no cost and I bolted the blocks up and rerouted the brake lines the other night. After receiving the parking blocks I thought while the car was getting painted I would get the acr convertible wing to get painted as well. Steve sent me the wing and the carbon fiber is beautiful. I now need to work the courage up to drill some holes in the trunk...eek. Along with the wing Steve also sent me a box of diecast viper models for a toy drive that I do every Christmas for less fortunate children in the area. Steve has answered my phone calls every time and called me with updates on the parts. His customer service has been great.

I know a lot of people have said they had issues with him in the past but I have had nothing but great customer service. I am going to order the front splitter once the car is in the body shop to get the bumper, hood and wing painted. He told me it will take 3 weeks for the splitter to be made and if it takes longer than that so be it. I understand the market for viper parts is pretty small and it sometimes takes longer to get parts for these cars than other cars. I have seen another vendor take 10 months to do a set of ported heads on two separate occasions with friend's cars and while that is a crazy amount of time, I realize that it takes time to make these parts.

I will continue to order parts as his customer service has been nothing but great.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought while the car was getting painted I would get the acr convertible wing to get painted as well.
Be sure to post the pix when it's done. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets