Dyno - '08 With Corsa Cat Back

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today was the spring ****** cancer fundraiser "Boost for *******" at the local shop, Modern Automotive Performance. They are known for the work they do on DSMs, they grew with Mitsubishi and the likes but they also enjoy seeing muscle and recently acquired a pair of Camaros. It was a great turn out, several thousand people, tons of cars from several states, good food and lots of fun. I guess they generated over $32,000 in one day for ****** cancer research. Great day for a great cause. They auction off a lot of goodies, shirts, go fast parts etc and they also have a fundraiser dyno, all bidding starts at $50 and goes up from there. They dynod a LOT of cars today. :headbang: If you want to learn more about the cause.
http://b4b.maperformance.com/
https://www.facebook.com/BoostForBoobies?fref=ts

A bid win gets you 3 pulls. Out of all the cars today I came in 3rd. Go figure... only 2 cars to beat me were 4 bangers! :lmao: Damn Evos!:drive:

Anyways, '08 with Corsa cat back. Stock PCM (mopar in garage) stock filter, and full tank of 93 octane from Oct/Nov. :( (I know I know.. I was refusing to dyno all day, I didn't want to have it pushed with old fuel and didn't wan't to waste it in case the PCM didn't like it. Towards the end of the day there were less cars bidding to dyno and I put up with a whole day of pressure from others to get my car up there. They asked to finish the day off strong with a good car so I figured what the hell.

Originally I was hopin this week would have been nice so I could burn through it, but with a blizzard on Monday that didn't really give me the chance. It would be nice to get back later this fall with mopar PCM, ported intake, maybe headers and good fuel. Today I ended up with 4 runs, the first didn't read right I guess. They had trouble with the tach. The next 3 I was pleased with considering the old fuel.

The Dyno board notables:
-Stock GT500 465/457
-There was a ZR1, stock. First pull was decent, 542/536, I knew he would heat soak for sure. 3rd pull was 528.
-I saw the GT-R drive around, but missed the dyno, looks like he did 491/512. Dunno about any/what mods.
-Some Chevy Cobalt 412/402
-Evo 9 from FL 802/708
-Evo 8 685/590
-My Viper 558/525
-Local unmarked new Taurus cop car 216/185 :rolaugh:

You must be registered for see images

Pulls 2,3 & 4 done back to back in less than 5 mins: 550/521, 549/522, 558/525

Pull 1 where it didn't pick up the tach. View though the window into the dyno room from a buddies cell phone.

Pull 2 Standing the shop area, video from a buddies cell phone.

EDIT: I found a video of the cop car LOL I think it's AWD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVqnPspnKrM

Last edited:

Goatman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks like an awesome gathering. Glad to see people going to charity events, plus you put down some good numbers too.

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great numbers for just exhaust! Seems like a pretty rich AFR up top...there's defintiely some more power to be had.

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what does 558 wheel hp back into at the crank? ...650ish?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62