Charlotte Cars & Coffee

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Even on a cold, cloudy and windy Saturday morning, Charlotte Cars & Coffee had over 400 cars in attendance yesterday. Everything you can think of, with a large turnout of Porsche’s and Vettes, to a couple of GT 40’s, a few Lambo’s, Ferrari’s , several Shelby Cobra’s, Aston Martin’s, a couple Tesla’s, a Mopar race team with the Drag Pack Challengers, and everything in-between. Though the weather was not so nice, it did not rain and the three Vipers that made the trip to uptown, created some excitement and certainly were the envy of the parking lot. Though I may be a little biased……looking forward to the Tail of the Dragon trip!

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any interest in attending Cars & Coffee Charlotte, this Saturday (August 3rd, it runs from 8am-11am). Something for everyone, classics, exotics, concepts, hot rods, rat rods, motorcycles, etc… Always a large turnout, if you plan to attend, let me know and we will work towards parking together. For those that have not been there it’s held the 1st Saturday of every month at 915 Hamilton St. Charlotte NC (at the NC Music Factory/Matties Diner in uptown Charlotte). 7 day forecast looking good right now.........

Also, if you have any interest in getting together for lunch please let me know and I will set it up.

Chuck

Slammed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I plan to make it depends on the weather, I'll probably be there around 9:30 - 10 save me a spot.

first mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I plan on attending this Saturday. We should be there around 9:30 AM. If you could save us a parking spot that would be great. we would also be interested in lunch.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife and I plan on attending this Saturday. We should be there around 9:30 AM. If you could save us a parking spot that would be great. we would also be interested in lunch.

Hey Bob, i look forward to meeting you tomorrow, hard to believe but it looks like the weather is actually going to cooperate! Rich (Slammed) suggested a trip over to RK Motors, which isn't too far from C&C ,and there is a car show in the area we could stop in on, but we can figure that out in the morning. I can't wait to hear about the fun you have had since purchasing the car in January . And let's not forget it will be a monumental occasion as SteveMat is actually going to drive his Viper tomorrow........ :). Should be a good turnout , See you in the morning, we will save some parking, whoever arrives early , please save room for at least 6.

Slammed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey NC Viper Nation it looks like we're finally going to have some good weather this weekend so I'll be at the C&C then plan to make a run (10 minutes up 77) to RK Motorsports and check out some collector cars, they seem to have all kinds of cars there I saw a new McLaren in a photo at their warehouse, then head up to Birkdale Village (another 10 minutes up 77) ... cool place kind off a town center and do lunch at Red Rocks they have a nice big patio and we should be able to park right in front which is usually for valet but they dont' do valet on Sat for lunch.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's that time again, this Saturday, September 7th for Cars & Coffee Charlotte from 8am - 11am). Something for everyone, classics, exotics, concepts, hot rods, rat rods, motorcycles, etc… In August, there was a huge turnout, more than 500-600 cars. A couple of us arrived around 8:30am and had difficulty finding a spot to park. If you are planning to attend, please let me know and we will work towards parking together, we will need to arrive early. For those that have not been there it’s held the 1st Saturday of every month at 915 Hamilton St. Charlotte NC (at the NC Music Factory/Matties Diner in uptown Charlotte).

The local chapter of the Deep South Mopar Club is having their car show on Saturday as well, the last I looked there were over 120 cars registered. The typical stuff, moderns, Vipered Powered trucks, classics, muscle cars and a few drag cars , like a 70 Pro Mod Superbird, etc. If you need the link to DSM, just let me know.

Chuck

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great morning at Charlotte Cars & Coffee yesterday, other than playing road roulette with the Charlotte city irrigation systems that I think are watering the asphalt more than the greenery, it was a great morning drive. New to the area from California were the Pruett’s and Jay joined us recently relocated here from the west coast of central Florida. Cecil and Steve’s B and P, got your messages, definitely understand and hope that you can join us next time. Again, a huge turnout over 500 cars fortunately most of us arrived early to allow some parking together. Here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure. Steve M, love that license plate on your 97, I am sure no one answers that question! By the way, when you set up that dyno day in October, lets us know.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are some pics to provide you a taste of the Charlotte Car’s & Coffee. PVW Performance Vehicle Works had their test mule out, the photo does not show the suspensions work, but it was incredible, definitely a autocross contender. My Classic Garage had their beautifully restored 70 Hemi Cuda on display which will be given away later. Though not a Porsche fan, you got to love the GT3 RS, factory cage street track car, reminds me of my ACR. GT40 and several Lambo’s. Charlotte C&C has everything from Rock Crawlers to fully prepped raced cars, something for everyone. Enjoy.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What a great way to start my weeks’ vacation. After leaving C&C, not one who likes to do car shows (only participated with 3 in 2 years) I supported our sister club Deep South Mopars (DSM) in which held their semi-annual show at the Tilted Kilt yesterday. Over 120 cars in attendance, not only a lot a great cars from every era but the 4 hour event had good music, food, and the people were great. Three Vipers were in the show, (2 other non VCA members), in which I placed first in the Viper Class with a very cool trophy, an actual Piston and Rod, with the Gen IV (Fangs) logo. Here are a couple of photos, notice the 70 Superbird next to my car, think about it, the 70 Superbird was a purpose built track car as is mine, serious winged power. I have met the owner and we have become friends, and we have an agreement when he ever goes to sell, I have first dibs on that piece of history. Love that car. Though as you will see in the photo, I would never allow the wait staff to sit on my wing, but when they asked to sit in my car, that was an easy yes..... which made it look so much better……. :)

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After having lunch, I came out to my car, and there was this “brick wall” of a guy standing by my car. Being new to Charlotte, I had no clue who he was and he asked me how much I wanted for the ACR. When I said, I have no plans to sell, he responded “everything is for sale”. We started talking Viper’s and he was in love with it. He is 6’7” and didn’t think he could fit, so I opened the door to allow him to do a “fit check”, leg room and head room no problem (I did change the seat brackets to the lower sliders) but shoulders could be a problem. Anyway we must have talked off and on for about an hour, I shared some of the events the Club runs (Biltmore, Tail of The Dragon, etc.) He wants a Viper now and I told him that I would take him out for a “country drive” and he is all in. He gave me his phone and asked me to put my contact information and later he texted me. Oh, by the way, he is Carolina Panther Tackle Bruce Campbell who is currently out on Injured Reserve. He went and got his modern turbo charged Challenger and pulled around to my car so I could see it. He was a great guy who loves cars, he must have signed a hundred of autographs and taken a hundred photos with everyone at the show, accommodated everyone with a smile. Class act. I have no plans to sell, but told him I look forward to showing what a real car can do. I will keep you posted. What a great car day yesterday, I love Charlotte!

Pat B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like quite a day Chuck - that is awesome! Hate I couldn't make the C&C, but we had a great time at the UNCC game. Hopefully next time..

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No problem Patrick, there will be many more opportunities to get your Viper out on the road. As we enter the Fall, it would make for a great trip up to Boone or surrounding areas to grab lunch one weekend! Only 90 minutes from Charlotte. I hope you can squeeze in the Biltmore trip to meet many of the members across the states, as you will learn, Chris and Brian do a great job in planning events. Anyway, again, welcome to the Club and see you soon.

Pat B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem Patrick, there will be many more opportunities to get your Viper out on the road. As we enter the Fall, it would make for a great trip up to Boone or surrounding areas to grab lunch one weekend! Only 90 minutes from Charlotte. I hope you can squeeze in the Biltmore trip to meet many of the members across the states, as you will learn, Chris and Brian do a great job in planning events. Anyway, again, welcome to the Club and see you soon.

Yes sir, I'd love to take a cruise up the mountain for lunch.

We're planning to do the Biltmore trip, I'll be booking our trip today probably - very much looking forward to it!

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a way to start a vacation! Thanks for posting those pics.. Really like the shot of your Viper and the Superbird.

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hate i couldn't make it(or the kilt show, i ve gone to 3 of them), hopefully my car is ready for the next C&C, i won't be able to make biltmore either( i broke the engine mounts on my car, plus i'm doing some other mods), hopefully next C&C will be the one.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys, we are going to arrange to meet at a park and take photos of both of our cars, at different angles. I will post up when I do.

Angel, you have more than 3 weeks to get your Viper running in time for Biltmore, I can't believe you are going to miss out on that weekend! By the way, Tony from JTS Venom was asking why you were a no show Saturday, he brought about a half dozen Viper trucks to the show. He is a good guy!

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep He's cool, i was going to the show but my sister called me the tuesday before to tell me she was flying in on friday to visit and leaving sunday, so i had to have some " family time"!!, i
ll see what i can do to get the Viper ready for the biltmore, i already ordered the engine mounts.

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is that time again, Cars & Coffee Charlotte is this Saturday (October 5th), it runs from 8am-11am. Something for everyone, classics, exotics, concepts, hot rods, rat rods, motorcycles, etc… Always a large turnout, if you plan to attend, let me know and we will work towards parking together. For those that have not been there it’s held the 1st Saturday of every month at 915 Hamilton St. Charlotte NC (at the NC Music Factory/Matties Diner in uptown Charlotte). Due to the large turnouts over the last two months, this is expected to be the largest with the weather being so good, fall is in the air. I plan to arrive around 7:30 and will look to park along the road between both entrances if possible. Please try to attend, there is no excuse good enough Charlotte Viper owners  !

For those of you that do not get on the forums, I have made it easy for you, here is the link for C&C: http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/665374-Charlotte-Cars-amp-Coffee?p=3210999#post3210999

Where are the Steve’s? We should have least 2 out of 3 Steve’s in attendance, right Steve????

Chuck

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, an issue has come that will require my involvement at work tomorrow morning through mid-day. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend. Please take and post some photos. I hate to miss it as there will be a large turnout, as it will be the first I have missed and I just can't make it, but will be there in November.

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chuck,
Looks like y'all are having a great time up there! Looking forward to seeing you again at the Dragon as well as some new faces from the area maybe??!!. Keep in touch.
Ronny

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i couldn't make it today, again, want feeling well, plus eheni started the car up i had NO power steering!!!, guess i'll have to buy new p/s hoses

OP
OP
C

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cars & Coffee Charlotte is this Saturday (November 2nd), it runs from 8am-11am. Something for everyone, classics, exotics, concepts, hot rods, rat rods, motorcycles, etc… Always a large turnout, generally over 500+ cars. If you plan to attend, let me know and we will work towards parking together. For those that have not been there it’s held the 1st Saturday of every month at 915 Hamilton St. Charlotte NC (at the NC Music Factory/Matties Diner in uptown Charlotte). Due to the large turnouts over the last couple of months, to park together, will require an early arrival time. I plan to arrive around 7:30 and will look to park along the road between both entrances if possible. Please try to attend, there is no excuse good enough not to make it for Charlotte Viper owners!

This is the month that we will have 3 out of 3 Steve’s in attendance, right? Angel, do you plan to come up from Greenville? Ron and Linda, now that the wedding is over, we hope you can come out? Patrick? Cecil?