Cant Post a Reply in the Vendors Section?

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would cause my account not to be able to to post a reply in the vendors section?

Anyone else having issues with this?

OP
OP
N

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA Forum Staff please reply back to my PM

Thank you

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What part of the vendors section? I know in the "What'cha need for your snake forum" only site supporting vendors can reply.

OP
OP
N

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No not that section. Just trying to post some positive feedback for a supporting vendor. I can start a new thread, but can't reply in a thread. Maybe a system glitch? It tells me I don't have access to do that?

V

VCA Forum Staff

All vendor areas are now ebay style reviews, where only the vendor and the thread starter can respond. This was requested so that vendors could not be dog-piled in a thread.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All vendor areas are now ebay style reviews, where only the vendor and the thread starter can respond. This was requested so that vendors could not be dog-piled in a thread.

I guess that should be stickied at the top of the subforum. Not that I necessarily agree with the change, but I've seen some pretty heated discussions.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I absolutely DO NOT agree with that decision...protects the sub-standard vendors that this site is allowing. Poor vendors shouldn't be protected, they should be removed.

V

VCA Forum Staff

The change has been in effect since August of 2011, so it's hard to imagine it has not worked well if this is the first notice of it. If it works for EBay it should work for us. In the past, someone would complain and then there would be a pile on by the vendors supporters, followed by a pile on by the OP's supporters. As someone said above, it got heated. And it was limiting honest appraisals for fear of retribution.

It was not working. And the change in no way protects a vendor who is sub standard. There is no limit on the complaints that may be made, but per the original longstanding rules of the site:

"Negative statements about vendors, customers, or others must be first hand, and substantiated. Furthermore, we reserve the right to hold negative posts until substantiated, and to give the parties reasonable time to work it out."

There is also a strike system in effect for vendors now. If there are provable failings by a vendor, the vendor will be issued a strike, too many strikes the advertising privileges will be suspended.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with bad reviews being posted, but it should be a one on one with a specific transaction/incident. If the other person who jumps in has a bad review, that person should write their own review. Or even a good one, if they are looking to defend the vendor. Dogpiling isn't going to solve anyone's issue, imo.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with bad reviews being posted, but it should be a one on one with a specific transaction/incident. If the other person who jumps in has a bad review, that person should write their own review. Or even a good one, if they are looking to defend the vendor. Dogpiling isn't going to solve anyone's issue, imo.

Agreed. Start a separate review instead of nut-swinging in someone else's review be it positive or negative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32