A little research on my 2002 GTS

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my viper for a little less than a year now and am loving it. However, since I bought my car from a dealer lot, I'm not 100% on the actual details about my car. What I know is from the inspection of the car and the little info the dealer gave me. I want a bit more and perhaps confirmation on what the dealer mentioned. While at a South Florida VCA event somebody saw my VCA keychain and asked where I got it. It was on the cars keys when I got the car and it clicked that the previous owner was a member saw I figured that I would ask here and perhaps I can get in touch with the first owner.

From what I was told the car was a single owner car from Jacksonville. The owner traded the car in or sold it to/through World Imports USA in Jacksonville Florida. I bought it within a day or two of it getting to them. I was able to find a brief history of repair from Carfax but not a great deal. I also know the car was originally sold in Jacksonville so the dealer I bought it from seemed to be telling the truth. After buying in I registered the car on the FE registry and, after a few months, a photo shows up o there that I did not submit. The photo was taken at a VOI event a few years back and the folks at the FE Registry put it up. So it seems like the original owner was a VCA member and showed up to events.

Given what I've got so far, I was hoping to see what I could dig up. Perhaps if somebody knows the original owner or has seen the car, etc, I might be able to find out a bit more. Might be able to score anything they may have kept like a copy of the original sticker on the car, ect. Also might be able to find out about anything the dealer needed to do ect. The car is so perfect (the car was kept bone stock and still has all the original panel assembly stickers all over the place) I doubt there would be much of anything but it could not hurt to ask.

The car is a 2002 Final Edition. It is number 298.

Let me know....if you can....Thanks!

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

You might want to ask John Canal from VCA Central Florida to see if he was familiar with your Viper.