Junkman's Wheel & Tire Maintenance Regiment

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. As I was recording this, I looked down and thought to myself, "Where the hell is my valve stem???"

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried other products by Mother's but not that one. The main thing that I like about Optimum's product is that it is manufactured by them. They manufacture all of the chemicals that they sell. For me, that's a very important aspect as I know that I am not buying from a middle man. Make sure you get that applicator pad. It makes applying the tire gel a breeze and it goes on even.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video, but you do not mention anything about how to clean tires. I know it is pretty straight forward, but you have insite on what items to avoid.

Bruce

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's like you said, it's pretty straight forward. I figured the wheels are a lot more important that the rubber. It's not like your going to scratch the rubber or anything!

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For my rubber, I swear by Tuf Shine Tire clearcoat. Water based and dries to the touch in a few minutes. A nice matte finish, or more shine with another coat or two. Best thing, it lasts literally for months.
A bit expensive but well worth it, IMHO.