Gen 5 raffle now open!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd if you win the turbo system, you can install it on my Gen II I won't mind ;)

Haha, I'm sure you wouldn't!

Alright, I am IN!!! Bought a few tickets, I like to gamble once in a while.

Spinning the roulette wheel now, my money's on red!!!

65cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning to buy some tickets for this. But I would like to know what the value of the SRT Viper will be stated at. MSRP or invoice? Did not see it in the official rules. I like to calculate what my taxes and tags could be if I won. :D

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the point it was announced we were not sure of a final number as some of the Carbon Fiber packages had not been priced. Remember this will be the first car with all three packages installed. We can check again this week.

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a ??, i bought my ticket a couple weeks ago, but i haven't received anything yet, being this my first VCA raffle, am i supposed to get a ticket , or a bill or something?, or i will just be called if i win??

Viper Club HQ

Viper Club of America Business Office
VCA Member
Reaction score
Thank you for purchasing a ticket for your chance to a dream and supporting the VCA.
Your credit card bill will show your purchase.

Tickets will be mailed out in two groups around July 1st and August 19th.

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a ??, i bought my ticket a couple weeks ago, but i haven't received anything yet, being this my first VCA raffle, am i supposed to get a ticket , or a bill or something?, or i will just be called if i win??

From the flyer.
20. Tickets will be mailed out in two groups around July 1st and August 19th.

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Question:

If someone won the Viper, do they have the option of taking a cash prize equal to the value of the Viper instead? The reason I ask is because if I won, I would not be able to afford putting up the 28% (or so) cash in required tax withholdings, unless I sold the Viper.

Thanks.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question:

If someone won the Viper, do they have the option of taking a cash prize equal to the value of the Viper instead? The reason I ask is because if I won, I would not be able to afford putting up the 28% (or so) cash in required tax withholdings, unless I sold the Viper.

Thanks.

Sell the other Viper or your DD. Take out a loan. Sell a kidney. It'll be worth it!

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
We have heard this concern a few times in the past. One one hand, if anyone could get a new Gen 5 Viper for just 28% it would be too good of a deal to pass up. Even if it was resold you would pocket some good money.

Lee, Randall, and Dan, have put together a streamlined option to where you would not have to come out of pocket on that big chunk of cash. It could work very well for you and I'm sure they will get some details out on it.

Question:

Thanks.

65cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, its been three weeks since a streamlined option was mentioned for the grand prize in regards to the tax payment. Is there any info on what it is or how it works? Also, what is the approximate retail value of the vehicle for the federal tax purposes?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that VCA has lined up some lenders, that will be willing to lend enough money to the winner so they can cover any tax issues.

This way they can take delivery of the car, obtain a loan for the taxes, and enjoy their new car.

If finances get tight, you can always sell the car, pay off the loan, and pocket the difference tax free.

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my ticket last night. Funny thing it said "WINNER" stamped on it... Does anyone else have this on theirs?

I'll go ahead and collect meow.

What the heck is a gen 3,4, or 5 owner going to do with a TT setup for a gen 2????

Viper Club HQ

VCA Member
Reaction score
The VCA countdown clock with time available for purchasing 2013 Viper raffle tickets is now on the top middle of the forums page.

Good luck to those members purchasing tickets!

Viper Club HQ

VCA Member
Reaction score
Re: Raffle Update!

A quick update for those many folks that wait until the very end to purchase their raffle tickets: This raffle is very likely on its way to a sellout, with it currently trending to sell out a few days before the actual sales cutoff on August 16th. Based on prior raffle ticket sales at various stages during the cycle, this raffle would have sold just over 3,100 tickets - and only 2,700 tickets are available. With a raffle flyer shipping with VIPER magazine starting tomorrow, demand will almost certainly exceed supply.

Bottom line: Buy your tickets today or you may be kicking yourself tomorrow! https://www.viperclub.org/raffle

Status
Not open for further replies.