NARRA 2013 Watkins Glen - Videos/Pictures, etc..

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith, great video and real good driving too! Looks like a little overcast and hopefully cool? I've never seen WG from an in-car, looks like a fun track, I'd just need to get used to the blue armco! Hope NARRA gets back out west again, it would be great to meet you. Best wishes in the championship! Mike

OP
OP
M

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Mike.

Those blue "bushes" fade away when you're in the zone. I'd rather not get as close to them, but with such close competition in class, and strict HP/Weight ratios, the advantage ends up being who can use up every inch of track the most efficiently.

You must be registered for see images

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, what's that little red button you push on the fast laps entering the straights. DRS/NOS? lol. (J/k btw)

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good Keith! Great to see you doing the whole schedule. Do us proud!

Tell the NARRA people to get the points standings updated on the website!!!

OP
OP
M

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ACR Steve, I'm running the pirelli slicks. They're really nice tires, TONS of grip!

The car did 540rwhp on the Dyno. The car is pretty heavy. I think I'd rather lighten it up and lower the power a bit. Something to think about next season though.

The setup change made a good difference. After the setup change I was able to carry more speed going into two, and after a little lift, stay flat through to the bus stop which is worth a LOT of time. I also went into the bus stop pretty fast, faster than others I think, which is also where a lot of time can be hand.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nicely done! WG is an awesome track....I've never gotten close to 2:00 there......you are FAST my friend. Good work!

Tomball Dodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enjoyed also watching your laps, car looked like it was pushing pretty bad, nice smooth hand work and good line. I love Watkins Glenn once of my favorite tracks we ran back years ago. Still looks lush and green. Out of curiosity is your car out of John Archer's coral, looked like John Tobers old car, if not you did a nice job thanks for sharing....

OP
OP
M

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car had next to no push in it at WG, but wasn't 100% neutral.
Edit: If you see the first hot lap, yea the car does push but the tires aren't up to temp yet. The 2'nd and 3'rd+ laps are really where the pirelli tires shine.

I am part of the Archer team. It's not Johns old car, but many have approached me about that. I bought this chassis bone stock and had it built up.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper