1 of 1 Viper made for Sergio! Many pics!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was sent these pics from the Official VCA Auctioneer. I don't know the full story yet, but I was asked to post the pics here as he can't upload them from where he is. Hopefully he can update here once he is home again so we all know the full story. :)

I do know the car was specially built for Sergio who then donated the car to Sons of Italy foundation! Last night was their 25th gala with some real superstars were honored, including Sergio!

Will update info as I get it! These are the cars on display at the gala, including Sergio's (was Sergio's?? ;) ) car.

You must be registered for see images attach

Robert

Last edited:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats right Americans...the red white and blue of your car has true colors of red white and green. Hey the Italian influence isnt so bad....Viper has Lamborghini original influence and Maserati current influence...not a bad thing at all. :)

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was sent these pics from the Official VCA Auctioneer. I don't know the full story yet, but I was asked to post the pics here as he can't upload them from where he is. Hopefully he can update here once he is home again so we all know the full story. :)

I do know the car was specially built for Sergio who then donated the car to Sons of Italy foundation! Last night was their 25th gala with some real superstars were honored, including Sergio!

Will update info as I get it! These are the cars on display at the gala, including Sergio's (was Sergio's?? ;) ) car.

Robert

Very cool!!! Looks like Black Chrome wheels on Sergio's car? Nice! Also, maybe it's just the lighting but it almost seems like that is a pearl white.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The small but classy Italian touches look great and give the car a nostalgic look, he chose well.

glhs110

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you to Sons of Italy for inviting us to this event! This car was the center of attention at last night's gala in Washington DC held by Sons of Italy honoring Sergio Marchionne. Sergio received an award for excellence in global business.
This Avorio Pearl White Viper was designed by Ralph and Mark with the SRT team for Sergio, Who then donated the car to Sons of Italy.
As you can see in the photos the car has very subtle Italian accents and it is definitely a one of one never to be made again. This project was snuck into the 2013 lineup for Sergio.
The car was surrounded by stars all night, Sergio Marchionne, Robert Corrao, General Collin Powell, Gary Sinise, Joe Mantegna, and General Raymond Odierno were all seated with the car. Sergio delivered an outstanding acceptance speech followed by photos with the car. The evening made me proud to be a Viper owner!

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Creating one-off vehicles never gets old for the design team at SRT®. Recently the group unveiled a special 2013 SRT Viper GTS for the Sons of Italy Foundation®, destined to be auctioned off, with all proceeds going to the group.

The SRT Viper GTS that was built specifically for the Sons of Italy Foundation features a tri-coat pearl white body dubbed Avorio Perla. One-off multi-spoke black vapor chrome wheels contrast the white body. While sketching possible themes for the car, the SRT design team not only looked at white as the body color, but also considered red and even yellow. Ultimately, the white pearl coat stood out above the rest as a truly unique look. Behind the GTS badge near the front wheels is a small tribute to the Italian colors.
“What’s cool about this white is that it has a lot of travel in the color,” said Mark Trostle, Head of SRT Design. “With it having some of this metallic pearl in it, it really shows off the shapes of the car very well. It catches a lot of light, especially on the hood. In the sunlight, it’s beautiful how it lights up. That’s one of the big pieces that makes the car unique.”

Also included on the Sons of Italy Foundation Viper GTS are black vapor chrome wheels. The black vapor chrome wheel finish is exclusive to SRT, and while available as an option on the Charger, Challenger, 300 and Grand Cherokee the wheels are not currently offered on Viper products.

“The wheels look fantastic in this finish,” shared Trostle. “It’s a really rich, premium exterior with a pearl white and the black vapor wheels and that leads to a great color combination. We were looking for what colors would really make the car special and this tri-coat white paired with the black vapor chrome wheels really resonated with us.”

This customized version of the fifth-generation iconic supercar is swathed inside with a Laguna leather package in a warm sepia hue. On the seats, the colors of the Italian flag run down the center in the form of a one-inch wide stripe. The interior also sports a red Styker logo on the steering wheel and red bezel accents. The GTS badge that traditionally lives above the passenger side glove box features some Italian flair, featuring the colors of the flag by way of the “G” in green, the “T” in white and the “S” in red.
“The sepia Laguna leather on the interior complements the exterior colors very well and really ties the whole theme of the car together,” noted Trostle. “The sepia interior makes it that much more special and gives it a very elegant look. We didn’t want to make the car overtly green white and red, but we wanted to do the colors in a subtle way.”

The Sons of Italy Foundation (SIF) is the charitable arm of the Order Sons of Italy in America (OSIA), the nation’s largest and longest established organization representing men and women of Italian heritage. Established in 1959, the Sons of Italy Foundation (SIF) is dedicated to improving the lives of Italian Americans and others in need. This is accomplished by supporting: educational excellence through scholarships, medical research, cultural preservation, disaster relief, services for America’s wounded warriors, and other special projects. For more details about the auction benefiting the Sons of Italy Foundation, visit www.osia.org."

mgeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't say I'd kick that car out of the garage...very nice. Where's Ralph's "made in Detroit" t shirt

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While i know this car is a 1-off, It would be awesome to at least offer that paint option for customer cars... never seen a more beautiful white paint.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While i know this car is a 1-off, It would be awesome to at least offer that paint option for customer cars... never seen a more beautiful white paint.

Early in the announcement process, Ralph said that SRT was looking at the process of offering custom paint jobs. Definately a doable. At the time he asked for time to get the launch going before adding more complexity. Good idea!

IMO, SRT will go in the custom from the factory direction. Probably by setting up a "branch" at the factory that takes the car and customizes it any way you want as long as the $s are there. Ferrari does that now, no reason SRT can't do it in the future.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Early in the announcement process, Ralph said that SRT was looking at the process of offering custom paint jobs. Definately a doable. At the time he asked for time to get the launch going before adding more complexity. Good idea!

IMO, SRT will go in the custom from the factory direction. Probably by setting up a "branch" at the factory that takes the car and customizes it any way you want as long as the $s are there. Ferrari does that now, no reason SRT can't do it in the future.

Their handling of stryker red was just about a failure. That is why it won't continue as an option and it cost a fortune to add it. This will never happen. SRT just isn't set up for that and the dealers won't be competent enough to bring in the right buyers...

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking..... can they make me one of one viper and call it sons of Russian mobsters edition? I think the Stryker red with hammer and sickle on the seats and perestroika slogan under gts

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so while custome orders wait since their deposits long ago ralphie n the team r makin personal gifts, nice!

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their handling of stryker red was just about a failure. That is why it won't continue as an option and it cost a fortune to add it. This will never happen. SRT just isn't set up for that and the dealers won't be competent enough to bring in the right buyers...

A failure? In what ways? Do you have a source for this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper