Cost to make SRT into ACR

aqwut

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi There,
I have been looking for a reasonably priced 2008-2010 ACR Viper and haven't been lucky. Would anyone know a ballpark figure of converting a regular SRT-10 Coupe into an ACR Body Style.. Minus the paint job. What modifications make and ACR, and ACR..? I know the front chin and lip spoiler, the rear spoiler, black rims, brakes and paint scheme. Any other engine modification, or is that it?.. Thanks in advance.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will need...front splitter, dive planes, rear spoiler, sidewinder acr rims, and the adjustsble suspension. You might be hetter off getting an original acr. Putting all those parts together on your own might not be so cost effective. MSRP is just over $14k on all the aero stuff. VPA has it for a bit cheaper. Also...dependng if you want it to be a '10 acr clone you will need a short throw shifter and revised fifth and sixth gears in the tranny.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you wanting an ACR for looks and the 'in your face' bling factor?.....
or for the track?

If it's just for looks, just put the 'aero kit' wing on the back and call it good.

If it's for track use, buying the real thing will be cheaper. Suspension/brakes/wheels are the big difference aside from the aero stuff.
The motor is the same.
The ******** ACR doesn't have A/C, radio, or carpet.

OP
OP
A

aqwut

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just love the ACR Paint Scheme, for the road.. not the track, I just love the way the ACR Looks. So damn ****. Thanks for the quick response, I did realize it would cost that much. There's like a 20K difference in ACR and non ACR. Now, I have a reason to stick to my ACR.

OP
OP
A

aqwut

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now if only the fella selling the green and black ACR would drop it $17,000, I would buy it.. :)

vdogg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could buy my converted ACR. Someone else has done it an taken the hit on depreciation.... It is Venom Red listed in Classifieds.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were to do it all new

-Aero package $9-10k
-Stoptech rotors -$1500-$2500 (black or gold)
-ACR wheels, TPMS and center caps $4100 or so
-Sport Cup Tires $1900
-KW V2 Coilovers $4200+
-Bigger front sway bar $200?

OP
OP
A

aqwut

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the revised 5th and 6th gear as posted above. Sounds like a lot of work. I will just wait for an ACR to fly my way.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2010 only and all 2010s had that. The ACR did not receive a special transmission.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR emblems on either side. They are not cheap. Different trunk struts for the addition of the wing.

Bruce

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you upgraded to Hoosiers and Moton suspension you would end up with a better handling car then the ACR.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A really stupid amount of money. But this is what you get. And if you build it right you get to run the One lap of America and end with a podium finish. The repaint was done by PREFIX, yes the company that paints all the new Gen V cars. The is affectionately known as an ACR ***.
You must be registered for see images attach

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were to do it all new

-Aero package $9-10k
-Stoptech rotors -$1500-$2500 (black or gold)
-ACR wheels, TPMS and center caps $4100 or so
-Sport Cup Tires $1900
-KW V2 Coilovers $4200+
-Bigger front sway bar $200?

As an alternate position as he wants the look of the ACR but not to track it.

VIPIAR wing + Canards + front lip ~4K.
Lowering springs ~500
Black painted factory five spokes. ~500
Badges surprisingly expensive. ~300
Aftermarket drilled disks ~300

Figure by a single color car and skip the driver stripe ACR look. Would not be my cup of tea but to almost anybody outside of the viper community it would look like a ACR.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have ~85K into my ACR look-a-like/performs better including the cost of the car new. At the time I bought my '09, a Gen4 ACR could not be had for less than 94K.

It wasn't an all at once conversion. I took my time and shopped around for good deals. I started with the suspension and brakes, then added the aero (including the genuine 2010 wing), then the wheels.

There are much better deals on genuine ACR's today but I've had 4 years of enjoyment already and I got the added pleasure of assembling it myself...the way I wanted.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other 'cost' component is resale. You can put the equivalent money into an SRT10 and get an ACR clone, but it won't get the money of a real ACR in resale, so there is a cost that you pay at the end of the day. Also, have you priced paint jobs lately? The ACR variants are well worth the extra money IMO, esp if you are going for looks and getting a rare black band/driver's stripe combo, which sets it apart from anything on the road or track. ;) Just my 2c.

This makes a nice comparison with Keith's car (which he did a great job building and obviously did for his own satisfaction and budget considerations). It just looks a lot 'racier' with the band and stripes.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper