MyGig Radio Retrofit Update

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I just figured I would toss up an update on the MyGig retrofits, and see if I can refresh the interest in this new package.

Before anybody asks, we are still working out the details and who/what/how we can get these installed for customers, but as posted elsewhere, installations will absolutely be available here, our trip to NYC in about a month or so, or on-location within reasonable driving distances.

Below is the package in its latest form. Excuse the fuzzy photos, it is a nightmare to try and get the camera to properly show the screen with the top up and low-light. At this time, the system is completely secured, implemented into the electrical system, with active NAV, Sirius, Bluetooth audio/phone, uConnect Microphone, Auto Dimming Mirror and LED interior and dash lighting. Quite literally, the Faceplate is the ONLY thing left to complete. [Note Auto-Dimming uConnect Microphone Mirror w/LED Lighting in last photo]

The Backlighting of the buttons is the only thing we are still working on with a supplier, but we need to get them a sample vehicle to scan the bus for its coding- but its just a software update. Otherwise, the Clock is the only inactive function, at least in the newer version of the MyGig... until someone writes a ClockFix release that uses GPS time rather than Bus time. The older MyGigs, while they lack Bluetooth Audio Streaming and SAT Play-Back, already offer the clock-fix. That would be up to the customer which version they choose.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

King_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is awesome! To me it is amazing how a few upgrades completely transform the interior. With this it makes the radio area look much more on par with the rest of the cars of it's generation. Great Job, I look forward to pricing and availability.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How about a backup camera input?

Yes, it can be done in a few ways, though I have not tried any specifically. I personally have no plans to run one at this time in my own car.

1. Standard configuration using a Mopar rear camera. The only issue here is that this requires a "reverse" input via CAN Bus to activate it when you enter reverse. We have not programmed this provision, though it it not out of the realm of possible with sufficient interest.

2. We may be able to have our adapter manufacturer program in a Video Feed and Activation wire based on a simple 12V input rather than using the Bus and MyGig Video In. Same principle, but differing level of integration.

3. A Lock-Pick Device can be installed in between our adapter and the MyGig offering multiple Video Input options which are activated by "double clicking" the uConnect button [Standard option for a Front Camera as part of Lock-Pick devices]

4. I can look into having the VES system activated via CAN, which would allow the rear camera to be connected via the VES video input. The only difference here is that it would be a selectable camera via the touch screen rather than an automatic input.

As you can see... there is plenty of flexibility if you wanted to utilize it.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan now that is sick. Your work always impressed me and just cost me more in mods. And I thought my car was cool. Haha.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan now that is sick. Your work always impressed me and just cost me more in mods. And I thought my car was cool. Haha.

Thanks Tom!

I cannot wait to get this all buttoned up so I can show everyone what the final product will look like. Granted the faceplates are temporary at this point, but it will go 99% of the way there for now in the appearance department. Basically I am waiting on the faceplates and a billet bracket for the ICD to come back from machining for test fitting, and if approved, they will be making a jig for me so I can cut the temporary plates on-location [unless I get my hands on a few first]. Unfortunately the MyGig is a hair narrower than OE so the cut is not complete, but after I get a few of them installed in temporary form, I will acquire a batch of faceplates and get them filled/re-machined, and then start an exchange program for them and just continue to cycle the temporaries around as needed. I can either standardize them as Soft-Touch, or I can offer custom panels/unpainted... not sure what the market will demand yet.

I am also waiting on my new ICD template for the digital dash, the final display layout is being worked on now, but will be a custom variation of this to all of our specifications:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I figured I would update this, seeing as I just checked this one of the "to do" list about 15 minutes ago...

In person it looks a hell of a lot better than in pictures, and even the photos are pretty good. It matches the dash much better than anticipated, and is flush without the need for spacers. Color and finish are on par, and it looks like it could be a factory installed part. The "incomplete cut" due to the MyGig being a hair narrower than the RB1 actually does not look out of place at all- it actually looks like an intentional "visual" applique meant to "break up" the square shape of the radio, as it happens to end at the mating point of two of the buttons on each side [intentional symmetry], and there is a black structure immediately behind, preventing you from "seeing" through it like a window. Overall I am very happy with how it turned out.

Last up, we are waiting for a software patch that will activate the button illumination, and we also hope to offer at minimum Blue and Green as color options. They are default Green, but there are a bunch of blue button boards floating around that were made for a particular application, I am hoping to get my hands on some of them.

Last edited:

spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id be interested in this. Rough ball park price?

Also what leds did you use in the gauges? That color is spot on to what im looking for

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't want to ask a stupid question but why not just do a double din instead of Mygig? And what does the Mygig offer that a DD does not? It looks great but I am not familiar with what the Mygig does over a DD

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Id be interested in this. Rough ball park price?

Also what leds did you use in the gauges? That color is spot on to what im looking for

As posted over in the New Products section, cost is being set at 1495.00 Install + Radio Selection. The RER and RHR can be had in a variety of formats ranging from 500-2000 depending on used/new and RER/RHR.

The Gauge LED's are our "UV" color option for our LED kits. They fluoresce the needles and backgrounds far more than the camera shows. I love 'em.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't want to ask a stupid question but why not just do a double din instead of Mygig? And what does the Mygig offer that a DD does not? It looks great but I am not familiar with what the Mygig does over a DD

The big reasoning here is that the MyGig is not a true Double DIN, and requires faaaar less cutting and modification of the dashboard inner structure. The MyGig has a very large screen to body ratio, giving you a larger screen/face to physical body size. The Double Dins are near a 1:1 in many cases, and have a very large body that slides into the dash. The MyGig with the proper jigging requires very little modification to the dash structure, and no modification to the magnesium inner structure at all. Wiring can also be adapted with the right tools to an OE install, as the wiring and connectors share most of the same wiring and terminals, only certain ones need to be re-terminated, and a new connector type used on the edited wiring. Lastly, being a Mopar radio, the finish, color, and layout "looks" like it should be in the Viper dash. Basically, from an install standpoint, it can be made to install like an OE radio, not an aftermarket hackery with a jumble of wiring behind the dash.

From a user standpoint, the Mygig has all of the same items that the aftermarket has, but being a major manufacturer based user interface, it is much more intuitive and much further developed than aftermarket offerings. The aftermarket options from what I have seen are not nearly as intuitive, often giving up obvious features in the name of gaining a little more screen size, or things of that sort. These are the things that don't seem like a big deal when you play with it on a bench in a radio shop, but when you are driving around and have to sort through menus to find something, you will quickly see why the OE's keep some hard keys for certain functions.

Last edited:

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you! It looks awesome. I would be interested in it. Dan Cragen told me to call you about getting Ipod inter face with my 08 and a RB1. We did the mopar Ipod set up and it messed my car up big time! It was at Dan's place for a week with him trying to figure out why my car was acting like a nut case. Please PM me all the details or what not I need to do and exact price for the set up. I want my Ipod to be controlled via the touch screen. I want the OE look and didn't want the DD and to hack up my car. Thank you for clearing it up for me.
The big reasoning here is that the MyGig is not a true Double DIN, and requires faaaar less cutting and modification of the dashboard inner structure. The MyGig has a very large screen to body ratio, giving you a larger screen/face to physical body size. The Double Dins are near a 1:1 in many cases, and have a very large body that slides into the dash. The MyGig with the proper jigging requires very little modification to the dash structure, and no modification to the magnesium inner structure at all. Wiring can also be adapted with the right tools to an OE install, as the wiring and connectors share most of the same wiring and terminals, only certain ones need to be re-terminated, and a new connector type used on the edited wiring. Lastly, being a Mopar radio, the finish, color, and layout "looks" like it should be in the Viper dash. Basically, from an install standpoint, it can be made to install like an OE radio, not an aftermarket hackery with a jumble of wiring behind the dash.

From a user standpoint, the Mygig has all of the same items that the aftermarket has, but being a major manufacturer based user interface, it is much more intuitive and much further developed than aftermarket offerings. The aftermarket options from what I have seen are not nearly as intuitive, often giving up obvious features in the name of gaining a little more screen size, or things of that sort. These are the things that don't seem like a big deal when you play with it on a bench in a radio shop, but when you are driving around and have to sort through menus to find something, you will quickly see why the OE's keep some hard keys for certain functions.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you! It looks awesome. I would be interested in it. Dan Cragen told me to call you about getting Ipod inter face with my 08 and a RB1. We did the mopar Ipod set up and it messed my car up big time! It was at Dan's place for a week with him trying to figure out why my car was acting like a nut case. Please PM me all the details or what not I need to do and exact price for the set up. I want my Ipod to be controlled via the touch screen. I want the OE look and didn't want the DD and to hack up my car. Thank you for clearing it up for me.

Hello,

The pricing is currently set up as a flat install charge, plus the radio cost depending on type, and then an optional upgrade for the Mirror configuration. As it stands, this is only available to be installed by us directly, be it here or if by chance during one of our travels at some point.

With regard to the iPod, I do not have one to test directly to gauge the connection level unfortunately, so the following is based on Android phones. The MyGig [RHR at least] has Bluetooth Audio Streaming, and can at a minimum connect, pause, and play through the head unit via BlueTooth [actually shown in one of the photos, but on Android, not Apple OS]. I believe the iPod/iPhone would also support this, plus likely some form of track skipping- but it would need to be a newer build. There is of course an iPod based kit for the MyGig, but IMO I would not bother adding the complexity given what can be done with BlueTooth. Of course, all bets are off on older iPod, even with an integration kit.

Also of note is that the MyGig WILL play and store music internally that can be downloaded via Disc or USB, again lessening the need for an iPod. Of course, Apple guys do often end up in a bind with the iPods storing things in AAC format, which nothing else reads.

Chemeng

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any possiiblity selling this as an install kit? Love what you guys have done, I have this setup in my 2010 Jeep as a factory install. It is awesome. I have a 2006 coupe with the Chinese radio and GPS/Bluetooth. It works but doesn't have that factory finish.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Any possiiblity selling this as an install kit? Love what you guys have done, I have this setup in my 2010 Jeep as a factory install. It is awesome. I have a 2006 coupe with the Chinese radio and GPS/Bluetooth. It works but doesn't have that factory finish.

Unfortunately it is quite unlikely. The amount of electrical tooling and jigs required to make it exactly how we want it are just not something that we can ship out, and the eleictrical system modifications are not really something for an end-user to attempt. Once the initial install is completed however, it can be removed/replaced easily. We have avoided an adapter harness at all cost due to the wiring jumble behind the dash that either ends up not fitting, or rattling over time.

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What Chinese radio do you have. Is it the Ometer? I was looking into it and no one that actually had it ever gave me a opinion

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21