How to post a classified ad on the VCA Forums

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had a lot of questions from people on how to place an ad in the VCA Classifieds. I thought for the sake of everyone placing an ad for the first time, I would do a little crash course to help everyone out.

Let’s start at the VERY beginning…..apparently that’s a very good place to start. When you sing you begin with doe ray me…. What!? This is not the Sound Of Music? :omg: Sorry. My bad. :D:rolaugh:

Signing up on the forums

1 – In order the place an ad on the VCA Forums, you must first be a member of the forums. If already a member, skip down to number 5.

2 – There is a few steps to signing up to the VCA Forums. First, go through the questions, choose a username, enter your email address, answer the skill testing question, etc. Then submit the info.

3 – Once you hit submit, you will get an email in a matter of a few minutes from the VCA Forums with a link in the email. As with all online forums, there is a verification link. You click the link in the email, it goes to a page here on here, and proves to the software you are a real person and not an African Prince living in Zimbabwe wanting to give away several millions dollars. :D The page here will tell you the verification link worked.

4 – Once you click this link note you ARE NOT active yet on the site. It can take up to 24 hours for your account actually to become active. You will get a second email saying something along the lines of welcome to the VCA Forums you have been approved; and at this time you are active and will also be able to post on the forums. :)

Placing an ad

5 – OK. So you are now a member of the site (or have been for a long time already), so step one is to ensure you are logged in under your username.

6 – Go to the Classifieds section of the site. Then look on the far right side of main Classifieds page for where it says “Place an ad”. Click that. (or follow the link I have so conveniently placed here for you. :D http://classifieds.viperclub.org/uploadproduct.php )

7A – Enter your ad information and submit the ad.

7B – If you are not a Viper Club Of America member, you will be required to pay for your ad at the end of filling out your classifieds form. The cost is $30.00.

8 – Once you submit your ad you will see a sample of how it will look. Do note that YOUR AD IS NOT YET ALIVE!!!! You read that right. You will see your ad, but as soon as you leave that page you will not see it. The ad needs to be manually approved by a moderator to ensure it is a legit ad. As all moderators are volunteers, this can take up to 24 hours. There is nothing wrong with your ad and was not anything you did wrong on your end; it’s just that it is not visible yet.
Once your ad is approved, you will get an email saying your ad is live and approved. At this point it will be available for all to see.
Do also note, the way the software works is if you EDIT YOUR AD, at any time after it is “live”, the ad is required again to manually be OKed by a moderator! Again, don’t think it is an error on your part. It just has to have a manual OK for it to go live again.

9 - Optional step: Once your ad is alive, you may post the ad link to a thread for further exposure in the forum pertaining to the item you are selling (ie, post a link to your 2000 GTS ad in the Gen 1/2 forum). Please note if you list an item for sale in a thread without a VCA classified ad, the moderators will likely pull your thread as it is against site policy. However once you have an ad.....

That’s it!! :)

Good luck!

P.S. If you run into any issues, just ask! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper