Junkman's "All About Claying 101" Video

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In this video, I cover all there is to know about claying, where to buy it, what it is, how it's used and what it is used for. In paint correction, there is no more an important process than claying. Claying is the foundation of an outstanding shine and skipping this step WHEN NECESSARY is equivalent to putting lipstick on a pig. If you do not eliminate the barrier of crud, dirt and contaminates that are on top of your paint, then nothing else that you use will have the opportunity to perform to their highest potential. Clayinjg is also ideal for removing tree sap and bird droppings that have etched into the paint, provided you address the problem IMMEDIATELY.

After claying, some marring will be left behind in the paint. This marring will need to be removed by using a machine and a light polish. After polishing to remove the marring, the paint will need to be protected with wax, as the claying process removes ALL the wax off the paint (polishing does also). This should be common sense because if claying can remove all of the contaminates on top of the paint, wax doesn't remotely stand a chance. Washing a car enough times will remove all the wax. Washing the car ONCE with the wrong kind of soap will remove all the wax.

So sit back and enjoy one of my shorter videos on the subject of claying. For those of you who are interested in reading up on the patent infringement cases that Auto Wax has brought against various companies and won, check out this link:

http://www.claymagic.net/news.htm

To order your clay directly from Auto Wax and avoid the cost associated with the middle man, go here:

http://www.claymagic.net/ClayMagic-Products.htm

The Junkman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=900rjH-FKHA

Last edited:

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After claying, some marring will be left behind in the paint. This marring will need to be removed by using a machine and a light polish. After polishing to remove the marring, the paint will need to be protected with wax, as the claying process removes ALL the wax off the paint (polishing does also). This should be common sense because if claying can remove all of the contaminates on top of the paint, wax doesn't remotely stand a chance. Washing a car enough times will remove all the wax. Washing the car ONCE with the wrong kind of soap will remove all the wax.

I'm glad you said something about this...I've always wondered if I was doing something wrong, because I always had marring after I was done claying a car. It is never bad, and the lightest of polishes seems to get rid of it, but still...always made me wonder.

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, you're good. Here's a shot of a rear fender that I just clayed. Plenty of marring left behind.

You must be registered for see images attach

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one that has that. I have been working on the car for the last two days and to be honest it looked worse half way through than it did in the beginning. I have to give it to you junkman detailing cars is a whole lot harder than it looks. Hopefully it will be done today.

OP
OP
J

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's a whole lot more work than I care to do anytime and that's why I don't do it for a living. I've been working on this car for over 3 weeks but it is finally coming together. I do love making black paint sparkle though.

You must be registered for see images attach