250 miles in on my Viper - a few things I don't like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realize that that this the Viper Club of America. Just because we may have a different generation of car does not mean we only visit one generation site. If you read all the posts, you should have figured out by now that you have antagonized multiple members. I know all my posts have been to help you understand basic concepts of a car club. Please read them. There are 4,000 of us in the club. Read about VOIs. It is not about one generation. It is about a car. It is not all about you. This not " my forum". I do not see one other Generation 5 owner, that has made a post, that has responded in such an adversarial behavior. I have taken the high road. You continue your personal attacks. I truly feel sorry for you. Who cares if this section is for Generation V owners? One final note ...don't be a member unless you can embrace the passion and enthusiasm concerning the viper. I have wasted too much of my time on this thread. It should be closed and Forum staff should have another chat with you.

Last edited:

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peerblock, I hate to say it, but you seem to have far too much free time on your hands... If I were you and owned that beautiful Stryker red Gen V, I'd be spending a LOT more time staring at my car, polishing it, and driving it, and a lot less time responding to every single line of people's responses in this thread and perpetuating pointless arguments. I don't disagree with everything you say, but I also don't agree with everything you say, but I don't care enough to respond to the points as I know I likely won't change your mind. You are always entitled to your opinion and we all welcome a good discussion, but you should read the way you come across with your opinions.....often you have a demeaning and condescending tone and make personal attacking comments, and there are also others here that are guilty of this as well and need to stop this too. Not sure what any of you hope to accomplish when you do that, but it's never going to end well. Your comments would be much more welcome if you didn't present some of them in inflammatory ways, and the same goes for others on this thread who get nasty as well. I'm a very level headed guy, but even I find myself getting annoyed when I read some of your uneccesarily longwinded and sometimes obnoxious comments, and it's not because I'm defensive of my Gen, it's simply because of the way you write and how you present yourself.

There, I've said my piece, and hopefully you take it to heart and stop this nonsense. Go enjoy your beautiful car and stop poking bears on here and trying to solicit reactions. And to everyone else, if you stop responding to him and don't get nasty in your responses, maybe this nonsense will stop. peerblock, I still don't understand why you care so much about what people say on here that you waste SO much of your time at all hours of the day/night responding to every word people write on here...? Frankly, most people join this site and post on the forums to meet other Viper owners, exchange good info to help each other, and even make friends with other local guys. Based on all your responses thus far, I'm still trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish with your membership on this site?

OP
OP
P

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realize that that this the Viper Club of America. Just because we may have a different generation of car does not mean we only visit one generation site. If you read all the posts, you should have figured out by now that you have antagonized multiple members.

The forum is divided into sections for a reason. If you come to a Gen 5 forum to "remind" us new owners how "great" your older cars were "back in the day" you are essentially trolling.

You claimed that "viper owners and their rides were being bashed" in this thread. Totally false.

All I did was put forth my observations and opinions. If that's too much for you or any other member to handle - ignore the post or the entire thread.

I know all my posts have been to help you understand basic concepts of a car club. Please read them. There are 4,000 of us in the club. Read about VOIs. It is not about one generation. It is about a car. It is not all about you. This not " my forum".

Lots of members, lots of opinions. Learn to respect other peoples' points of view even if you disagree. The cars do not post to these forums or attend events; the people that own them do. Not sure what you're rambling on about here.

I do not see one other Generation 5 owner, that has made a post, that has responded in such an adversarial behavior. I have taken the high road.

Another statement that is lacking in fact. Any so-called "adversarial behavior" is a justified reaction to things that were directed toward me personally. Show respect; get respect.

You continue your personal attacks.

Go ahead and quote one instance where I directly "attacked" any other member.

I truly feel sorry for you. Who cares if this section is for Generation V owners? One final note ...don't be a member unless you can embrace the passion and enthusiasm concerning the viper. I have wasted too much of my time on this thread. It should be closed and Forum staff should have another chat with you.

Nice one dr. obvious. Anyone who buys a car like a Viper does so primarily for emotional reasons. They obviously have a sense of passion and enthusiasm for their chosen vehicle to spend so much money on it.

Pretty sure the site owners care that this section of the forum is for Gen 5 owners - that's why they made it, and for the record, none of your posts in this thread have been on topic...so, yeah, not really looking good for you there, chief.

OP
OP
P

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are always entitled to your opinion and we all welcome a good discussion, but you should read the way you come across with your opinions.....often you have a demeaning and condescending tone and make personal attacking comments

Can you please quote a post I made that was "personal attack".

There, I've said my piece, and hopefully you take it to heart and stop this nonsense. Go enjoy your beautiful car and stop poking bears on here and trying to solicit reactions. And to everyone else, if you stop responding to him and don't get nasty in your responses, maybe this nonsense will stop. peerblock, I still don't understand why you care so much about what people say on here that you waste SO much of your time at all hours of the day/night responding to every word people write on here...? Frankly, most people join this site and post on the forums to meet other Viper owners, exchange good info to help each other, and even make friends with other local guys. Based on all your responses thus far, I'm still trying to figure out what you are trying to accomplish with your membership on this site?

Hey it's not even 7am and you found the time to write a long-winded response. I can't tell you why "most" people joined this forum but a lot of people enjoy participating in text-based discussions about their interests when we're supposed to be doing other stuff like working...though nobody posts here expecting to "accomplish" anything. It's a message board, dude...no need to over analyze it.

The purpose of this thread was contained in the original post. Seems like the non-gen 5 guys decided to troll it off topic with their ongoing nonsense.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well folks, there you have it... Same thing once again. I have better things to do with my life than beat my head against a wall here against an aspergers case (not meant as a personal attack, just calling it as I see it). Have fun guys, I'm outa here and off to work!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PeerBlock said:
So what? He's not entitled to his opinion because you don't like something he said?

The members of this forum needs to respect the fact that this forum exists for an American car, is a company based in America and benefits from America's way of doing things, most importantly the first amendment and the free and open internet. We just had a celebration for these things a few days ago...well, at least I did.

No. He was making statements about how bumpy the car rides, how much drone the exhaust has, how it didn't perform as well as other cars, and other "opinions" based on zero experience with the car. He hasn't even driven or ridden in one. All I've seen him do here is point out his idea of flaws about the car, talk about how the cars are overpriced and he wouldn't pay MSRP for one, and make elitist statements about the "only $100K" value of the car. Enough.

As for the "free and open internet", that doesn't happen on a privately owned website. Freedom of speech and the first amendment only apply in public places, not online. Many people have been sued for slander and libel for things they have posted on message boards. You forget I used to own the busiest GM site on the planet, I got a lot of trolls trying to use that 1st amendment excuse. It doesn't work.

PeerBlock said:
Pretty sure the site owners care that this section of the forum is for Gen 5 owners - that's why they made it, and for the record, none of your posts in this thread have been on topic...so, yeah, not really looking good for you there, chief.

Wrong. Just like your now infamous 3rd gear 1:1 posts. This Gen V forum was created to discuss topics related to the Gen V Viper. It doesn't mention anything about ownership. If that were a requirement, the forum wouldn't have existed until we had owners. Then there would only be about 20 of us in here.

Also, please accept kratedisease's offer to become best friends. Don't leave him hanging.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've listed a lot of points and opinions, here are some that I've found from personal experience and facts.

I'm not sure where people get the rough ride aspect of a Gen 4, but when my Gen 4 had the stock suspension, I and my wife found the ride to be very comfortable. Maybe my car rode smooth because I understood what pressures to keep the tires for comfort and performance (most are over inflated, 3 or 4 psi on our low profile tires makes a huge difference in ride quality), maybe my suspension moved more freely due to correct torque, alignment, etc.

You list the magnetic shocks as something the Viper needs.....really? Why would I want a system that makes my car slower on a road course? Name the Ring record holder, Laguna Seca record holder, etc? I know the 458 uses them (again, what was the F-cars Ring time?) but IMO you can only change a shock setting so much without changing the spring rates. Is the magnetic shock nice for cruising, yes they work ok....but for the ultimate in performance, do you really think those magnetic shocks have the valving to cope with one spring rate that is suppose to handle everything from cruising the mall to setting road course records?....no, and the track time records prove my point. The future is hydraulic suspension, just like the McLaren uses. If designed correctly you can even program the suspension per track for each corner because of the cars on board GPS. Wanna go drag racing and have tons of weight transfer to the rear?...easily done with this system. Nothing will ride smoother and be more comfortable for the street while being a terror on the track. This is old technology that will just get more and more affordable, Citroen has had a version in production for over 40 years. The hydraulic suspension also allows you to raise the car for steep driveways and speed bump clearance. Since SRT likes to sub out technology from the UK and have worked with McLaren in the past, I do think this is a marriage that should happen. And while we are at it, time to move up to an electronic rear diff, especially since it is a RWD car. Again, a much more broader range of adjustment than a traditional posi type diff, easy to tie into the suspension program and even custom programming for the track.

An auto is a necessity, not for any other reason other than it will make the car faster on the road course, drag strip and on the street. The real question is whether a DCT is the best choice. Since the Viper is not a rev happy monster like the Italian and German supercars, maybe a traditional auto with a torque converter is a better set up. With 7 or 8 gears, super fast shifting (not milliseconds but quicker than you could ever shift by hand) and a torque converter to absorb some of the instant torque shock that our V10's produce down low, this may be the best setup and be lighter than a DCT box that can handle 600 plus pounds of torque.

Cheers,
George

Hmmm well tire pressure could definitely play an issue. Thought I'm not sure MR systems make the car run slower? The zl1 with the MR system runs faster than the shelby with bilsteins around a track. Plus wouldn't you rather have a more comfortable car for the road which you are on 99% rather than a bumpy one that goes 1 second faster on the track? Obviously you are right about the mclaren and I didn't bring that up because that system will never be on a viper any time soon. Otherwise that system is the best thing out there. It can be super firm and then as soft as a rollys(literally)

I'd be fine with either dual clutch or single clutch but from reviews it appears the LFA is the only company to get the single clutch done correctly.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. He was making statements about how bumpy the car rides, how much drone the exhaust has, how it didn't perform as well as other cars, and other "opinions" based on zero experience with the car. He hasn't even driven or ridden in one. All I've seen him do here is point out his idea of flaws about the car, talk about how the cars are overpriced and he wouldn't pay MSRP for one, and make elitist statements about the "only $100K" value of the car. Enough.

As for the "free and open internet", that doesn't happen on a privately owned website. Freedom of speech and the first amendment only apply in public places, not online. Many people have been sued for slander and libel for things they have posted on message boards. You forget I used to own the busiest GM site on the planet, I got a lot of trolls trying to use that 1st amendment excuse. It doesn't work.

Wrong. Just like your now infamous 3rd gear 1:1 posts. This Gen V forum was created to discuss topics related to the Gen V Viper. It doesn't mention anything about ownership. If that were a requirement, the forum wouldn't have existed until we had owners. Then there would only be about 20 of us in here.

Also, please accept kratedisease's offer to become best friends. Don't leave him hanging.

If I may interject, I only brought up the drone because like 10 other people complained about it. Also it is not an elitist statement to say don't pretend a 100k car is a 1million dollar car. I treat my car like a 1 million dollar car but I never let it go to my head that at the end of the day it is just a 65k mustang. And yes compared to the direct american competitor the viper is over priced and that is ok because SRT doesn't have GM's resources nor engineering skill.

But don't worry pretty soon I will track someone down with one to let me ride in or finally convince this other dealer to give me a ride in it. And on a last note, I wouldn't pay MSRP on any car.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After all this mess centered around Peerblock finally calmed down we now have another public argument with SRTviper??? C'mon guys, both sides need to chill out and take this to PM battles. This public fighting over nothing is beyond painful and embarrassing to read. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, whether we agree or not, but please spare the rest of us all the stress of the nastiness going on here and rake this up privately.....

To the last point, I know guys that drive heir Vipers every week and even in the rain. While that makes me cringe a bit as that's not how I enjoy my Viper, I know that's how they get the most enjoyment out of their cars and a part of me wishes I could do that too. They will respray their fenders and side sills due to rock chips and dings and think nothing of it and chalk it up to maximizing their enjoyment of the car, and some of them will recycle their Viper when the miles get too high and get into a newer one when the time is right. Nothing wrong with that at all.

On the other hand, I enjoy merely owning my Viper and knowing it's sitting in my garage, and when I feel the need or have a show or group drive to go to, I take it out for a special treat to myself. Personally, that keeps every single drive in it a very special experience to myself and I never bore of driving it, and the smile takes weeks to go away after each time I drive it. My car will never go to a mall parking lot, parallel park on a busy street, drive in the rain, or get left in a parking lot while I'm in a movie, but that's my personal preference and how I choose to enjoy the car. I worked hard to earn it, as i do all my cars past and present, so why would i take it to a risky situation? Thats just me though. Nothing wrong with either side, but I can guarantee that should I ever decide to sell my Viper one day in the distant future, you would much rather buy my pristine car than the guys who drove them far more often in conditions mentioned above. The few times I've left my car unattended for even 5 minutes, I came back to find a small crowd of people around it doing an impromptu photo shoot, a couple times with the subject leaning against the hood or getting their fingerprints all over the paint that I keep like glass.

Ok, now lets all sing Kumbaya and try to get along..... We're all supposed to be friends with common interests on here, but you would never know it from all the personal attacks on this thread.....

^^^This one is my Favorite Post in this Thread. Well Done!^^^

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned & tracked a 2011 GT500 Shelby with the SVTPP, I currently own & track a 2014 GT500 Shelby with SVTPP & Perf Pack with electronic Bilsteins & electronic steering, have owned & tracked 3 gens of vipers, a current owner & track hound, and have driven the Gen5.

In keeping with the trend of this thread, and general this forum, I'll not post any facts or comparison opinions based on my personal real world street and track experience with all of these cars in question.

Carry on.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, please accept kratedisease's offer to become best friends. Don't leave him hanging.[/QUOTE]

PeerBlock, you seem like a nice guy. PeerBlock, I like the color of your Viper. PeerBlock you are very popular. PeerBlock you and I should be friends. PeerBlock where did you get the shirt you are wearing ? PeerBlock, should I rev my V10 engine if i am around a lot of people to make them look at me ? PeerBlock, can I be your friend ?

PeerBlock, even nine ball thinks we should be friends. PeerBlock what do you use to clean the under bottoms of your floor mats. PeerBlock people really like you. PeerBlock you are very popular.

PeerBlock, PLease be my friend. PeerBlock , I really like you. PeerBlock, you are really cool. PeerBlock, what tanning booth do you recommend.

PeerBlock, A few things that I do not like that my Viper are...... causes creases in the back of my shirts when I sit in the drivers seat.

PeerBlock, A few things that I do not like about my Viper are ..... dust accumulates in the engine compartment,

PeerBlock, A few things that I do not like about my Viper are.....my hands smell like gas after I fill it up at the gas station. I fill my own gas because I am afraid the gas station attendant will scratch the paint inside my fuel filler neck.

PeerBlock, can we be friends ?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I owned & tracked a 2011 GT500 Shelby with the SVTPP, I currently own & track a 2014 GT500 Shelby with SVTPP & Perf Pack with electronic Bilsteins & electronic steering, have owned & tracked 3 gens of vipers, a current owner & track hound, and have driven the Gen5.

In keeping with the trend of this thread, and general this forum, I'll not post any facts or comparison opinions based on my personal real world street and track experience with all of these cars in question.

Carry on.
You are supposed to comment on cars you have only read about, like the Bugatti!

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PeerBlock, you seem like a nice guy. PeerBlock, I like the color of your Viper. PeerBlock you are very popular. PeerBlock you and I should be friends. PeerBlock where did you get the shirt you are wearing ? PeerBlock, should I rev my V10 engine if i am around a lot of people to make them look at me ? PeerBlock, can I be your friend ?

PeerBlock, even nine ball thinks we should be friends. PeerBlock what do you use to clean the under bottoms of your floor mats. PeerBlock people really like you. PeerBlock you are very popular.

PeerBlock, PLease be my friend. PeerBlock , I really like you. PeerBlock, you are really cool. PeerBlock, what tanning booth do you recommend.

PeerBlock, A few things that I do not like that my Viper are...... causes creases in the back of my shirts when I sit in the drivers seat.

PeerBlock, A few things that I do not like about my Viper are ..... dust accumulates in the engine compartment,

PeerBlock, A few things that I do not like about my Viper are.....my hands smell like gas after I fill it up at the gas station. I fill my own gas because I am afraid the gas station attendant will scratch the paint inside my fuel filler neck.

PeerBlock, can we be friends ?[/QUOTE]

PeerBlock, can you answer this guy, or marry him or something ?

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not agreeing with anything about the debate, since it is long-winded and all over the place, but posters who are just harassing other members without even trying to contribute to the discussion isn't something I appreciate.

This forum is just another internet gathering point, but can people just try to take a step back and take a deep breath? :dunno:

Or better yet, go for a nice cruise...

You must be registered for see images attach

V

VCA Forum Staff

This thread is now closed since it has evolved beyond the original topic, is antagonistic, childish, silly and all-around a waste of bandwidth. Good job! :2tu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave