Love the results I got with Clay Bar + Optimum Poli-Seal

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a clay bar kit which consisted of clay and detail spray, some optimum no-rinse wash and a small bottle of poli-seal. Did a 4-step job: wash-clay-wash-poli job using microfiber cloths (no electric buffer) and the results are superb. Optimum's no-rinse car wash works surprisingly well even though it doesn't seem like it will, and the shine you get with poli-seal is as good as or better than any of the other products I've used (zaino, meguiars, mother's).

Took me about 3 hours total including the clay bar process. I'd highly recommend optimum's stuff for anyone that wants an awesome shine but doesn't want to apply multi-step products or go nuts with all those cleaning supplies out there. I like having a shiny, clean car but I don't want to spend a lot of time getting it to that point.

At this point I wash the car when needed and I can apply more poli-seal (although it's not necessary to apply it each time you wash the car)...so it's effectively 2 steps and probably an hour of work. The no-rinse is great because you can wash the car in a garage any time you want, and using warm water makes it really easy to get bug splatter off.

viper vince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you get it ? How does it work on black? Have you ever tried Giots stuff his stuff works good.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense, but with nearly brand new paint, the results should have been nothing less than spectacular. I'm guessing the poli-seal must have some fillers in it to mask the marring left by the claying process?

OP
OP
P

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you get it ? How does it work on black? Have you ever tried Giots stuff his stuff works good.

Bought mine on amazon. Although my car is red, the black panels on my car came out great. What I really like about poli-seal is that it does not leave any white residue behind like most other polishes and all waxes do, so when you use it on black you don't have to worry about the gaps having that gunk stuck in the gaps or around the edges. When applied properly it turns into a powder that wipes off effortlessly with a microfiber cloth. It doesn't "stain" the black plastic parts either...just wipes away.

No offense, but with nearly brand new paint, the results should have been nothing less than spectacular. I'm guessing the poli-seal must have some fillers in it to mask the marring left by the claying process?

Yes, after claying the car the paint will have fine scratches visible that look like spider webs and poli-seal removes these and makes it smooth as glass. It's a polish (so it cuts) and equivalent of wax (has fillers/protectants that do provided UV protection) in one step.

Even with new paint you can see a difference between a standard wash/wax and this...my car was washed & waxed when I picked it up and it looked good, but not as good as it does now. I guess some before and after pics would help because even I was surprised at the difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper