extended visit to Quebec from US

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Viper brothers (and sisters)...

I live an hour north of Chicago currently. I'm going through some personal things that I don't want to talk about, but basically I'd like to move to Canada for an extended visit.

I'm just beginning my research, so I'm sure I will find answers on Google, but I'd appreciate if you guys could give me any pointers as well.

> It's my understanding that I could visit for up to 6 months, unless the border patrol agent says differently. Is that true? I'm a self-employed web developer, so I would be working at home on my computer while I'm visiting. Basically I'd like to stay as long as legally possible as a "tourist" without needing to get a work visa. Does Quebec have different rules from the rest of Canada?

> Any suggestions on where to stay? I'd like a very small studio for around 600 USD a month. Or less. The smaller and more spartan the better. Or, long shot, but does anyone even have a bedroom they'd be willing to rent to me?? A large- or medium-sized city would be good, somewhere I can take a bus or walk to get groceries. I found a place in Quebec city for $460 a month. Very tiny, but good location, and unless something else comes up, probably what I'll go with.

> Not sure if I would fly or drive, depends on where, but if I do drive, am I able to just take a US-plated car and keep it there for 6 months? Do I need to get it inspected or anything?

Thanks

OP
OP
W

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This place is dead...

I'm here for a month, found a place on AirBNB. LOVED Quebec City, don't really like Montreal. Not working and didn't bring my Viper with me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets