how to raise car

whatthe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put together four wooden blocks for the wheels to sit on so I can change the oil and do other maintenance things is there a special way to lift the car? should I lift both front wheels first then the back? or should I lift one side first then the other or does it matter? or should I just have a beer and prolong the fourth of July holiday

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Low profile jack on jacking point will lift up entire side or front (depending which point you use) of the car. Throw 2 jack stands in place and repeat on the other side. You'll be amazed how stiff the frame is.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In in a related story, I had to change my oil in a Walmart parking lot yesterday on my way home from Florida...Long story, but an injector stuck open and I was worried the fuel contaminated my oil. I did lower the car down after removing the plug to get more oil out. The Frame is really stiff, hence the reason why I love the Race Ramps.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical sports car owner, thinks he's gonna be cool and take up four whole parking spaces :lmao: :D

As for getting the car up, I built myself a set of ramps out of some 2x10's I had laying around. Starting with a 5' plank, they're stacked 5 high with each "layer" a foot shorter than the last. This gives me enough length that I've never had clearance issues with even the lowest cars. If I have to do major work, or need it higher than the ramps, I just use my low profile jack on the jacking points outlined in the service manual(if you have one), and put my jack stands under the frame.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In in a related story, I had to change my oil in a Walmart parking lot yesterday on my way home from Florida...Long story, but an injector stuck open and I was worried the fuel contaminated my oil. I did lower the car down after removing the plug to get more oil out. The Frame is really stiff, hence the reason why I love the Race Ramps.
You must be registered for see images attach

that's a great pic :2tu:

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was the 4th, so I wasn't sure they would be open. Service manager at Walmart mentioned an hr wait and I still had some driving ahead of me.