Fueling Question

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally located the gas tank release. For guys whom haven't searched yet its in an odd spot on the drivers side door underneath the arm rest & main gauges.

Once pressed it releases the little chrome door on the rear passenger side of the vehicle. When you look inside though there's no gas cap. Do u just stick the fuel pump nozzle in there and then fuel? I did notice that the vehicle came with a narrow funnel in the hatch. Is that to be utilized while fueling or no? I'm still one or two runs away from fueling up but just wanted to inquire in advance.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing special needs to be done, just jam it in there in go

It is the new thing in all cars, glass-capless tanks. the spout is designed to disallow diesel nozzles to be stuck in, for the obtuse.

OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It's my 1st time seeing a vehicle without a gas cap.

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's my understanding that the funnel is to be used in the event you have to put gas in via a gas can. At least that's what the owners manual for my other car states.

I looked but didn't see any reference to it in the Viper owners manual.

I too had a hard time locating the lid release button. My car was shipped with an empty tank as I requested them to not drive it to a gas station before shipping it. I felt like a fool when I took it straight to the gas station and couldn't figure out how to open it. I ended having to text some Chrysler friends to find out where the release is. I didn't see any reference to this in the owners manual either.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiding the button is good. If you know it is there, it is in the perfect place.

Hemotoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I searched the PDF freebie user guide for the words "fuel" and "door" and now I know which fuses and relays the fuel door is on, but it never gives away the secret of how to open it. I guess you have to buy the car to get the real manual.

Just make sure it's all the way in until finished or, it might spurt out the holes in the nozzle. Happened to me and got all over the side of the car. Allan
Is this also something that happens a lot after marriage? ewww.