Vipers Slither into the Biltmore Estate - Sept 27-29 - Asheville, NC

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is once again time for the snakes to slither into the mountains of NC....

We are planning a weekend trip for VCA members to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. Itinerary and hotel info to come in the next couple weeks, but clear your calendars for that weekend!

You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.carolinasviperclub.com/

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Itinerary still coming... have to finish the formal contract with Biltmore . I hope to have it nice and pretty by this weekend for posting up. Might be able to have hotels available next week for booking.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hotel info is still to come, it looks like Holiday Inn Asheville is the frontrunner, with an okay discount and an offer of underground/secure parking. Any member could of course book the Biltmore directly, but they are not offering any discounts. There will of course be goodies and SWAG for all that attend. See the basic itinerary below:

Friday September 27th, 2013

Member arrival & hotel check-in throughout day
6:00pm-9:00pm | Member Dinner (TBD)

Saturday September 28th, 2013

8:30am | Members arrive at Biltmore
9:00am – 12:00pm | Self-Guided Visit to Biltmore House & Gardens
12:30pm – 1:30pm | Group Lunch @ Biltmore's Deerpark Restaurant
2:00pm – 4:00pm | Continue Visit at the Antler Hill Village/Winery
4:30pm – 5:15pm | Scenic Drive
5:30pm – 7:30pm | Member Dinner (TBD)
7:45pm | Head back to hotel and/or enjoy Asheville nightlife

Sunday September 29th, 2013

7:30am – 8:30am | Group photo in front of Biltmore
9:00am – 10:30am | Member Breakfast (TBD)
11:00am | Regroup with your caravan and enjoy the drive back down the mountains!

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We finally have a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn & Suites Downtown Asheville, NC. I am waiting for confirmation that our booking code is live and ready for use (should have rooms for $149/night vs the normal $180). We are also trying to find a secondary hotel for members looking to spend a little less on their stay.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Below is the booking info for the Holiday Inn & Suites - Downtown Asheville. There are also some smaller motels in the same vicinity (Super 8 for example) that members may book at the going rate. Rooms are limited and after our block is booked up, the discounted prices will not be available. keep in mind, there will also be a per person registration fee to help cover the cost of the Biltmore passes and meals - yet to be determined. Feel free to book your hotel today!

Link: http://www.holidayinn.com/asheville-dwtn
GROUP NAME: Carolina Viper Club
GROUP CODE: CVC

ARRIVAL DATE: 09/27/13
DEPARTURE DATE: 09/29/13

CUTOFF / CANCEL DATE: 09/07/13

Rooms @ $149.00 per room per night plus tax
1 King or 2 Queen Beds

The Holiday Inn has underground parking available with security cameras. Also, no speed bumps on the lot!

Last edited:

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a regular traveler from New Orleans for smoky mountain area events!! LOL!! Ill def. try to make this event, never seen biltmore

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are well on our way to have our room allotment completely booked, I am trying to get more rooms, but can't guarantee anything. It is a popular time to be in the mountains :)

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a regular traveler from New Orleans for smoky mountain area events!! LOL!! Ill def. try to make this event, never seen biltmore

It is worth the drive. Spectacular place, especially when you consider it was build as a bachelor's mountain getaway.

victoryman100

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is a Indiana VCA member welcome to attend? The Misses and I Might be able to get away that weekend. Let me know..... Thanks

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course, that is why we have this posted in the general VCA events section :2tu:

The non-Carolina members will have to pay more for their registration since we will be mostly using Carolina club funds and we want to be fair to our membership, but all are definitely welcome! We hope to see a lot of outside members attend!

I'll be posting up the registration links later today. Stay tuned

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the club registration link for those planning on attending. Note: Once you get to the PayPal site, be sure to update the quantity to "2" if you are bringing a guest. The default is "1". Price is per person!

Carolinas Members (with or without a guest) may register here:
http://www.carolinasviperclub.com/carolina-member-biltmore-event-registration

Non-Carolinas Members (those from other regions, with or without a guest) may register here:
http://www.carolinasviperclub.com/outside-member-biltmore-event-registration

victoryman100

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry..didn't know. ..brand new to the viper game... thanks for the info. Look forward to Asheville looks like a great time!

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry..didn't know. ..brand new to the viper game... thanks for the info. Look forward to Asheville looks like a great time!

Sounds great....looking forward to meeting you! We have members attending from other regions so you won't be the only one. Always a great time!

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the club registration link for those planning on attending. Note: Once you get to the PayPal site, be sure to update the quantity to "2" if you are bringing a guest. The default is "1". Price is per person!

Done. Thanks for getting all the activities lined up. We're really looking forward to this trip!

PS: Finally installed the new a/c compressor and drier. It held a vacuum overnight and is now blowing 56F air from the center vents. Mamma's gonna be happy. :)

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear Craig!

FYI, For an outside members attending and concerned about the registration cost, we have figured conservatively to give you the best deal on your visit (70 for Biltmore access and onsite lunch + 60 for two awesome dinners + 10 for breakfast = $140 per person). Notice this does not include gratuities, swag, or the photo session on Sunday morning (photographers cost $$) - all of which we are taking care of. We want everyone to get a good deal and save some cash while being fair to our members that pay their dues to us. I just don't want anyone to get sticker shock as most of us aren't used to paying for everything up front.

Please register by the end of this week if you are planning to attend, the hotel code should still be valid also. Contact me (Chris) with any questions: http://www.carolinasviperclub.com/contact

:)

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aarrghh, i was going on sat, but i broke the motor mounts on my car so i won't be able to make it( the mechanic is changing them on that sat. ), i hope u guys have a blast, this hasn't been my best
Year to enjoy the viper experience, hopefullynext one is better!!!

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Angel. Hope you can get out on the road again soon...

FYI: The allotted rooms have been filled at the Holiday Inn. You may have to now call and reserve your room over the phone and they may still be able to give you the rate (Code: CVC). Book ASAP to avoid having to pay full price

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The agenda looks fantastic Chris! Kudos to you, Brian and everyone else that has helped so far.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Craig, but I'll tell you, Chris has done a majority of the gruntwork on this event. It was no small task so he gets the big time thumbs up.:2tu: