Drip Tray Question

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have an extended height four post lift & store the snake on top. The lift came with three decent sized drip trays. I positioned two under the front/middle of the vehicle to cover any exposure to the many fluids contained around the engine bay. The third one I placed under the rear hatch portion of the vehicle to cover drips from exhaust tips and battery. Is the battery back there? Or should all three pans focus on the front & middle of the car exclusively?

I have the Maserati on the bottom & don't want any gifts from the GTS :)

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The battery is in the trunk under a cover you can lift up. You should look under there just to familiarize yourself with where the emergency gas fill tube is located if you ever have to use it. I haven't looked under there since the day I drove it home, but I'm thinking that if the battery were to leak we'd have a bigger problem than it dripping out of the car below, I suspect there are no holes for anything to run out of.

Id put a pan under the engine, one under the transmission, and one under the differential.

OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like prudent advice. btw when I have up ten feet up in the air, its a really interesting view of the bottom of the vehicle. It appears as though the bottom of the motor concludes at the base of the car and you can see it & it doesn't appear to have any skid plate which is interesting...btw it looks, because it is, like a HUGE motor!

I tried to order a 4th drip pan but I guess they only sell in sets of three. if anyone has an extra one for a 4 post quality lift I might be interested.

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered the extra set and have found the 2 extra pan to come in handy in the shop. I have all 4 trays on both my lifts, not worth taking a chance, cheap insurance.

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put the 3 trays starting at the front and also store the ramps in the same position that kept the ramps out of the way and acted as the missing tray section in the rear. I can send a picture if you'd like.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have same lift by quality 9000 lbs extra everything....great lift, trays are pretty big. Positioned them all in the front, no need in the back in my opinion, but I guess you can split them two in front and one in back.

OP
OP
P

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the 3 trays starting at the front and also store the ramps in the same position that kept the ramps out of the way and acted as the missing tray section in the rear. I can send a picture if you'd like.

great idea...thnx