Huge Summer Cruise - August 8-11!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've Been Hearing About It! Summer Cruise - August 8-11!

We have Passed 33 Cars registered already and it's headed upward! It's going to be a big one! We're headed to Wisconsin for something very special!

This particular cruise will be different because of some of the venue's we'll be visiting. We made some changes from the initial plan due to some changing conditions/stops. First off we're starting the cruise in the late evening for the first time, there's a reason for it! We have some special stops that require us to be at certain places at certain times. So this time, we're starting on a Thursday night (allowing everyone to work Thursday and still make it). We're building our cruise in eastern WI to anchor around the ALMS race on Sunday at Road America, we'll get to see the Viper race in a nationally televised event and we'll get some great VIP trackside perks - go Viper! Preceding that, we're going to hit SEVERAL "don't miss" destinations that you may have heard of. Among them is the Kohler factory! We've arranged a special factory tour, touted as the best tour in the Midwest! Those who have done it say it's absolutely amazing (and even their 3 floor special showroom is nuts!). We also have a visit to Oshkosh where we'll visit the most extensive aviation attraction in the world - The EAA Airventure Museum. We'll also hit the Paine Art Center and Gardens as well as hit a Chihuly exhibit! You may also have a very special submarine tour. We're hitting this cruise from land, sea, and air! We have several other stops, but in addition to that, we have some of the best food venues ever. We'll eat at some of the best places in the area and we even have a sunset dinner planned at water's edge. And what's a trip to WI without a visit to the famous Brat Stop! All that and the ALMS race to top it all off! This is going to be a big cruise and we encourage folks to get going early. The club is subsidizing this cruise heavily to make it affordable, there's LOTS going on! We also want participation so that we can make an impact at the ALMS race, we want Viper support for our SRT crew to be clear. Vipers will shake the ground at Road America.

Members need to fill out the registration and get it back to us as soon as you can. Also, you need to make hotel reservations at the Holiday Inn Oshkosh for the 3 nights (room block until July 15th). Lastly, you'll be buying tickets to the ALMS race (directly). News on that is still pending as SRT finishes plans. We'll follow up with you on that 3rd piece, but until then, get your registration and hotel taken care of!

This is going to be a special cruise. To read all the details and get the registration, you can visit our website under the cruise section: http://www.illinoisvipers.com/pit/cr...eventinfo.html. Here is a direct link to the PDF with all the details and registration: http://www.illinoisvipers.com/documents/2013/Summer Cruise 2013.pdf

The hotel room block is already sold out, but rooms may still be available in the hotel at the standard rate. I hear rooms may still also be available across the street. We also ask that we get your registrations back by August 3rd. Remember, don't wait until last minute, this cruise will likely sell out as we only had a limited # of rooms. We have a massive room block and given the race, there are no hotels left that have much availability at all for over an hour's drive!

This is a cruise you're going to love! We're going to have a great turnout! Any questions, let me know! See you there!

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a great cruise, but I can't attend the whole thing. I am wanting to join the club on the race day, Sunday, so I presume that I'll just buy the same tickets as the cruise people. There is a price increase of $20 per ticket after a week from today, 7/31!!! Where can those of us not registered for the cruise look to see if that has been sorted out by then? This forum?

Thanks to those behind the scenes organizing the cruise opportunity! Sad I can't make it to more of it!

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang on a bit longer, SRT is working on details. I talked to them today and they'll have info soon on what to buy.

BWT - we're looking at 80 people and almost 40 Vipers so far! We have a new record.

CreteViperMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keri and I will be driving up early on Sunday AM. If anyone is doing the same, we could caravan from the Lake Forest Oasis. If all goes according to my plan, we should be hitting the Oasis at 6:00-6:15am.

CreteViperMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I jumped the gun and bought tickets directly from the track a few weeks ago. I'm buying the SRT package tomorrow. If you know anyone that needs two tickets to Sunday's race that won't be getting the SRT package, give me a shout. $100 value, will sell for $50.

Wolffie99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome time on the first "Cruise Day". Thanks for all the people involved in planning this event. My wife and I had a GREAT time! See you tomorrow!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave