Ford GT + Viper: Mission Accomplished

racer22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off thanks to all the contributors that built my confidence on purchasing a Gen 4. Fell in love with an 08 Venom Red/Silver Stripe Coupe a few weeks back and closed the deal today. Will post pictures of the two together when take delivery next week.
Question: Will the Viper load on a two post lift. It was nearly impossible for the Ford GT on the two post and hoping the Viper will be easier. Are the jacking points easily identified or can someone provide pictures or diagram.
Thanks again for all the help and I know I'll have more questions.

Here's a link to the car for those intersted to see it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008...1126790?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d0e396f06

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations! Gorgeous car...I was keeping an eye on that car myself. The combo of the color and the wheels is striking. Enjoy! Mike

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to be tortured with a picture of those 2 cars together. I hate you. I hate anyone with nicer toys than me. But, then again I have nicer toys than several billion people; so, I guess that makes us close to even !

Congratulations !! :2tu:

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers are very easy to load on a two post lift. There are easy Jack points to identify. I use a rotary lift with no issues on a stock height gen 3

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First off thanks to all the contributors that built my confidence on purchasing a Gen 4. Fell in love with an 08 Venom Red/Silver Stripe Coupe a few weeks back and closed the deal today. Will post pictures of the two together when take delivery next week.
Question: Will the Viper load on a two post lift. It was nearly impossible for the Ford GT on the two post and hoping the Viper will be easier. Are the jacking points easily identified or can someone provide pictures or diagram.
Thanks again for all the help and I know I'll have more questions.

Here's a link to the car for those intersted to see it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008...1126790?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d0e396f06
Under the car you will see 4 jack points that are identified by what i would call a built in wedge. Look and you will see them. Easy car to get in the air

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and enjoy. A stock Gen 4 will not have any problem getting onto a two post lift.

I'm looking to get a Ford, but a replica GT-40. I've always liked the original style and the light weight platform.

Cheers,
George

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lift points look like pieces of 1" angle iron, welded upside down. Front ones are directly behind the tires, rear ones are around where the tailpipe exits.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful car, Congrats. The two tone interior with it's light gray panels looks good along with the silver stripes.

Question for everyone though. I see on the window sticker, the wheels were $700 add on. What were the standard wheels?

viper srt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
congratulations

exactly as my snake, identical :D

the jacking points are easy to identify

enjoy it !!

OP
OP
R

racer22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the encouraging comments. For the record, even though no one was bold enough to ask I don't mind sharing what many of you would like to know, what I paid. Here it goes. I just bought the Ford GT from the broker who had the Venom Red Viper listed. Even though I wanted the Viper along with the GT it was just too much to get both and I was definitely all in on the Ford GT. I went over to do some business with the broker on the GT and he stated the Viper had been sold but not paid for. I was sick I missed out on this Viper and asked if there was any way the deal might fall through. The buyer of my future Viper wanted one of the brokers personal cars but broker wouldn't sell. When broker knew I wanted the Venom Red car so bad he decided to sell his car to the buyer which made the gorgeous Venom Red 08 available to me. This all came at a price. The other buyer was paying full pop and I got stuck doing the same. Here's the justification: I knew the owner of this Viper; local car collector in his 70's who takes exceptional care of all his cars. I knew it would cost me time and money shopping around the US for this color combo and wheels which I was in love with. Plus there would be shipping costs. So once again I justified full pop. Not my style but it's done and I won't look back. Sorry to bore you with the details.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. Love venom red! I have a little trouble on my two post lift because the Viper is not that big. The arms are too long at their shortest length, so I have to affix wood to the arms and mount it there, otherwise its a piece of cake.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the encouraging comments. For the record, even though no one was bold enough to ask I don't mind sharing what many of you would like to know, what I paid. Here it goes. I just bought the Ford GT from the broker who had the Venom Red Viper listed. Even though I wanted the Viper along with the GT it was just too much to get both and I was definitely all in on the Ford GT. I went over to do some business with the broker on the GT and he stated the Viper had been sold but not paid for. I was sick I missed out on this Viper and asked if there was any way the deal might fall through. The buyer of my future Viper wanted one of the brokers personal cars but broker wouldn't sell. When broker knew I wanted the Venom Red car so bad he decided to sell his car to the buyer which made the gorgeous Venom Red 08 available to me. This all came at a price. The other buyer was paying full pop and I got stuck doing the same. Here's the justification: I knew the owner of this Viper; local car collector in his 70's who takes exceptional care of all his cars. I knew it would cost me time and money shopping around the US for this color combo and wheels which I was in love with. Plus there would be shipping costs. So once again I justified full pop. Not my style but it's done and I won't look back. Sorry to bore you with the details.

Life is short, paying a little extra for a no stories car is worth it. Just look at some of the nightmares others have been stuck with on car that have washed titles, been in wrecks, electrical issues, etc. Knowing the previous owner and the actual condition of the car makes it more desirable to me. Now get out and enjoy your cars!!

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
R

racer22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for the encouraging words. At a third of the cost of the GT; the Viper is one helluva car.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Beautiful cars and the cleanest garage I think I have ever seen.

SWolff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my Viper, but the FGT has been my ultimate dream car since they were released. Congrats on your rides!

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome cars. I didn't see any up close until I was at a friend's shop that was repairing a couple FGTs. They are so freaking cool in person. Parts are silly expensive as a lot of stuff isn't sold and available anymore.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my eye on that car also. Marv Rose always has nice stuff. So I'm sure its super clean.

Ive had 9 vipers, and currently own a 2008 venom red/silver stripes couple, identical to your car, except 5 spoke wheels. NEVER, have I received so many compliments on any of my previous cars. Every place I go, someone stops to chat, and raves about the color..