September 27-29th – Vipers slither to Biltmore!!! - Asheville, NC

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It is once again time for the snakes to slither into the mountains of NC....

We are planning a weekend trip for VCA members to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. Itinerary and hotel info to come in the next week, but clear your calendars for that weekend!

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, have hotels been finalized? Thanks and looking forward to a great trip!

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finishing up the Myrtle Trip details. Having to confirm our itinerary with Biltmore by the end of this week. Biltmore gave us a rate at their partner hotels, but we can do better by working directly with those hotels. Hopefully by end of next week we can all start booking!

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday September 27th, 2013

Member arrival & hotel check-in throughout day
4:30pm-5:30pm | Take a drive on the parkway
6:00pm-9:00pm | Member Dinner (The Omni Grove Park Inn - Seafood buffet overlooking Blue Ride Parkway)

Saturday September 28th, 2013

8:30am | Members arrive at Biltmore
9:00am – 12:00pm | Self-Guided Visit to Biltmore House & Gardens
12:30pm – 1:30pm | Group Lunch @ Biltmore's Deerpark Restaurant
2:30pm – 4:00pm | Scenic Drive leaving from Biltmore
4:00pm – 6:00pm | Surprise Event
6:00pm - 7:00pm | Head back to hotel area
7:30pm – 9:30pm | Member Dinner (Carrabba's Italian Grill - near hotel)
9:30pm | The night is yours! Head back to hotel and/or enjoy Asheville nightlife.

Sunday September 29th, 2013

7:30am – 8:30am | Group photo in front of Biltmore
9:00am – 10:30am | Member Breakfast (Tupelo Honey - South Asheville location)
11:00am | Regroup with your caravan and enjoy the drive back down the mountains!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hotel info is still to come, it looks like Holiday Inn Asheville is the frontrunner, with an okay discount and an offer of underground/secure parking. Any member could of course book the Biltmore directly, but they are not offering any discounts. There will of course be goodies and SWAG for all that attend.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. The itinerary looks like fun!

If anyone is interested, Biltmore offers specialty tours (http://www.biltmore.com/buy_tickets/more_biltmore.asp), and the Architect's Tour is a lot of fun. Takes a bit over an hour, and you are up on the roof of Biltmore during the tour. Pretty cool tour and very impressive home! You can book these tours ahead of time, and I'd strongly suggest doing so if you want to get on a tour. The groups are a limited size. Now, if you reserve a tour for Sunday when you're at Biltmore on Saturday, you will get the estate admission ticket FREE for Sunday.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ Awesome tip Craig! Members can feel free to schedule their own agenda during our time at Biltmore. The tour of the grounds will just be a general walkabout on our own, so if anyone would like to book their own specific tour, I encourage it.

FYI, for those arriving early on Friday, we may be able to sneak in a drive before dinner Friday night.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to check the schedule, but I may be able to take that Friday off.

For those folks starting or going through Raleigh, is anyone up for a 9 a.m. departure? Easy drive over and then can hit the Blue Ridge Parkway for a bit.

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris/Brian, count my wife Cindy and I in for the upcoming Biltmore weekend. Out of Charlotte, there are a couple of ways to travel to Asheville, but if you have a caravan traveling from the Raleigh area that morning, we could make plans to join you in Hickory. By the way, I am sure you are aware of them, But I have attached a couple of links for some great Viper driving roads (The Rattler perfect name for road to be slayed by a Viper and the Devil’s Whip) in the area of Asheville, and something a little more tame, is a cool motorcycle museum about 30 minutes away, for some downtime consideration. I hope the weather held out for you all in Myrtle (does the rain ever stop?), we had rain here both Friday and Saturday most all day.
http://www.209therattler.com/
https://www.thedevilnc80.com/
http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We finally have a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn & Suites Downtown Asheville, NC. I am waiting for confirmation that our booking code is live and ready for use (should have rooms for $149/night vs the normal $180). We are also trying to find a secondary hotel for members looking to spend a little less on their stay.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Below is the booking info for the Holiday Inn & Suites - Downtown Asheville. There are also some smaller motels in the same vicinity (Super 8 for example) that members may book at the going rate. Rooms are limited and after our block is booked up, the discounted prices will not be available. keep in mind, there will also be a per person registration fee to help cover the cost of the Biltmore passes and meals - yet to be determined. Feel free to book your hotel today!

Link: http://www.holidayinn.com/asheville-dwtn
GROUP NAME: Carolina Viper Club
GROUP CODE: CVC

ARRIVAL DATE: 09/27/13
DEPARTURE DATE: 09/29/13

CUTOFF / CANCEL DATE: 09/07/13

Rooms @ $149.00 per room per night plus tax
1 King or 2 Queen Beds

The Holiday Inn has underground parking available with security cameras. Also, no speed bumps on the lot!

Last edited:

93viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Booked a room for Melody and I. Looking forward to a fun weekend and meeting other members. Thanks Chris for getting it together.

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Reserved a room also, Cindy and I look forward to attending! By the way, Holiday Inn did say that all the RED and all the BLUE Vipers will have to park outside and will not be permitted in the garage....... :)

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The room has been booked. This is gonna be fun!

Now all I need to do is replace the a/c compressor, drier, and rings, pull a vacuum, then charge it back up. Then time to replace the clutch master cylinder.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holiday Inn did say that all the RED and all the BLUE Vipers will have to park outside and will not be permitted in the garage.

That is merely because those are the ones they would like to display to the public... and hide the others :lmao:

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are well on our way to have our room allotment completely booked, I am trying to get more rooms, but can't guarantee anything. It is a popular time to be in the mountains :)

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the club registration link for those planning on attending. Note: Once you get to the PayPal site, be sure to update the quantity to "2" if you are bringing a guest. The default is "1". Price is per person!

Carolinas Members (with or without a guest) may register here:
http://www.carolinasviperclub.com/carolina-member-biltmore-event-registration

Non-Carolinas Members (those from other regions, with or without a guest) may register here:
http://www.carolinasviperclub.com/outside-member-biltmore-event-registration

Pat B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just booked our room at the hotel!

FYI - the CVC allotment of rooms was filled, but the gentleman I spoke with was able to add a room for me at the group rate.

EDIT: And now I'm officially registered! Can't wait!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave